Chantecaille Future Skin

Chantecaille Future Skin

3.8

2015 reformulation:Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Peg, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg-400, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Talc, Iron Oxides.Old formula:Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

After following a skin care routine given to me by a dermal therapist for my mild acne, I was advised to change my makeup. I currently use and have been using Estee Lauder double wear and it is my HG foundation.
Now, I have managed to clear my skin of any active pimples, however I am still plagued by some redness and scarring. For day time wear I can conceal this with a bit of concealer (L'oreal true match) and BB cream (Maybelline dream pure BB), and if I'm looking for a bit more coverage I'll set with either Australis fresh and flawless powder or Bareminerals matte powder foundation. Or alternatively, if I'm looking for full coverage, one coat of Estee Lauder double wear is more than enough for me.
i LOVE EL doublewear, but much to my dismay my therapist told me that it was quite congesting, so I reluctantly went to Mecca for advice on an alternative product. I told the girl working that I wanted something medium to full coverage that wouldn't break me out. She suggested this product, so I got a sample.

I first applied my bareminerals BB primer cream in the shade light. I then went in with my morphe Y6 flat buffer brush with a decent amount of product. FIRST IMPRESSION: Extremely disappointed with the coverage. Did nothing to hide my scarring; I could still see everything. So I went in with a second layer hoping it would be buildable, but this was not the case. I had to set it quite heavily with my bareminerals powder before I was satisfied enough to go to work with it on.

The reason I'm giving this product 3 stars instead of 2 is because the actual foundation is absolutely beautiful if you want a sheer coverage. The color was perfect,I have light skin with a slight yellow undertone. It gave a really nice dewy finish which was nice change from the matte finish I got from EL doublewear. After 6 hours it was still in place, it didn't break me out, and it remained flawless throughout my shift.

For the price, I would definitely go for something else. The fact that you would need to use so much product to get a slight coverage is definitely not value for money in my eyes.

For someone with dry/normal clear skin, I couldn't recommend this product enough if you are willing to pay the price. For someone who wants more coverage on the other hand; this probably won't satisfy your needs. Glad I got a sample instead of paying the money for it!

on 7/13/2017 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The product itself is good but it is not worth the exorbitant price. The packaging is cheap plastic and it doesn't even have a pump; milani's foundation is $11 and has a pump! the coverage is medium and the finish is dewy but there are other foundations half the price that do the same thing; if you use a high coverage concealer with a B.B. Cream, this will also produce the same effect. This doesn't even have spf in it and if you have bumpy skin, it accentuates the bumps. The lasting power is average at best.

on 6/22/2017 12:21:00 PM

Gorgeous. I LOVE it. But it causes me to break out in places on my face that I've never broken out before - large white pimples in crazy places on my face. It really is gorgeous though. Try it out - but save your receipt in case you have the same problem and need to return it.

on 5/4/2017 3:13:00 PM

packaging is horrible -i feel like my entire jar oxidized in a month. its all now suddenly way too orange - and I know I've never been that shade!

the texture is nice - the wear is nice. but the jar package ruined my entire product so its all pointless. What a waste of A LOT of money.

skip it. garbage.

on 1/14/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wish I didn't like this foundation so much but I keep going back to it. It's so expensive but it's the only really natural foundation that always looks good.,I've very dehydrated skin, even though I've a great skincare regime I always look dry with other foundations. This is so good on dry skin, undetectable and a classy finish. I love it! Coverage is slowly build-able

on 11/14/2016 8:17:00 AM

Cons: Average foundation. Packaging is very unhygienic and cheap. The RTP is insane. ..... also not a lot of colour either.
Pros: Not tested on animal. No SPF

My skin can get quite oily so I gave this a try. The vanilla shade is great in my opinion and I like the look and feel of it. The coverage is light but goes on smoothly. I recommend giving this a try.

on 7/7/2016 5:00:00 AM

This formula competes with the best of the best high end, luxury lines - Chanel, Dior, Surratt, By Terry, Aucoin - but without the step of a primer, luminizer or other additional layer of product. Initially skeptical, I thought of Chantecaille as great marketing and nice ingredients. The sales associate at Neimans told me it is their best selling foundation and the one she most frequently recommends her clients try. Now, if it was packaged as a refillable, brush on product like some I mentioned earlier, it would be perfect.

on 6/1/2016 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this in #Ivory..
I don't have heavy pink undertone.. I'm neutral with slight pinker undertone...
Also, I'm combination skin.
I matched this shade at the counter and it fit PERFECTLY, so I bought it of course.
The product is with a very lovely texture.
When it's summer, it turns to ORANGE SKIN after 2-3 hours!!!! (under sunlight!!)
OMG!!!! I hate it and never use it again. I've never seen this before as my skin isn't that oily.
I think this would be nice for dry skin though.
Be AWARE if you are oily skin.

on 5/28/2016 2:27:00 PM

The most expensive foundation that I own, and truly the most beautiful as well. I use the shade Alabaster and it's a perfect match, I stayed well away from Future Skin for a long time believing it to be made for mature skin and not realising that the formula may actually be very suitable for my combination skin.
I'm so glad I purchased it, it's just absolutely stunning - it's so easy to blend into the skin with your fingers, you don't need to bother with a brush, it may be expensive but you don't need much and it's a very refreshing water/gel type consistency.

There's no sunscreen in this so if you want a good foundation for evening this is really good, it gives a dewy and natural finish to the skin. I think that if you're dry skinned you'd love this, if you're combination/dry like I am then you'd also love it. Oily skinned folks i'm not sure about... it may slide off you fairly quickly so I don't think I'd go for it if my skin was like that.
The jar packaging isn't ideal but somehow it just adds to the luxury feel and dressing table appeal of this product and so I don't begrudge it the packaging too much... it's the kind of foundation you could layer for more coverage and yet still have it look like skin, it literally doesn't look like makeup and I think that Chantecailles formulas are so good in this respect that why would they bother making any new ones? They don't need to with classics that are this good.

Would I buy this again? Yes because it's a jar of refreshing, dewy, glowy foundation that matches my skin perfectly and I can top it up later on in the day without it caking. It isn't a foundation that covers every little flaw like ELDW so you'll need extra concealer if you're mortal like me. If you have spots then this won't be your hero unfortunately, if you have mostly good skin that isn't oily....you'll probably fall in love instantly.