Chantecaille Future Skin

Chantecaille Future Skin

3.8

2015 reformulation:Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Peg, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg-400, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Talc, Iron Oxides.Old formula:Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 5/4/2017 3:13:00 PM

packaging is horrible -i feel like my entire jar oxidized in a month. its all now suddenly way too orange - and I know I've never been that shade!

the texture is nice - the wear is nice. but the jar package ruined my entire product so its all pointless. What a waste of A LOT of money.

skip it. garbage.

on 1/14/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wish I didn't like this foundation so much but I keep going back to it. It's so expensive but it's the only really natural foundation that always looks good.,I've very dehydrated skin, even though I've a great skincare regime I always look dry with other foundations. This is so good on dry skin, undetectable and a classy finish. I love it! Coverage is slowly build-able

on 11/14/2016 8:17:00 AM

Cons: Average foundation. Packaging is very unhygienic and cheap. The RTP is insane. ..... also not a lot of colour either.
Pros: Not tested on animal. No SPF

My skin can get quite oily so I gave this a try. The vanilla shade is great in my opinion and I like the look and feel of it. The coverage is light but goes on smoothly. I recommend giving this a try.

on 7/7/2016 5:00:00 AM

This formula competes with the best of the best high end, luxury lines - Chanel, Dior, Surratt, By Terry, Aucoin - but without the step of a primer, luminizer or other additional layer of product. Initially skeptical, I thought of Chantecaille as great marketing and nice ingredients. The sales associate at Neimans told me it is their best selling foundation and the one she most frequently recommends her clients try. Now, if it was packaged as a refillable, brush on product like some I mentioned earlier, it would be perfect.

on 6/1/2016 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this in #Ivory..
I don't have heavy pink undertone.. I'm neutral with slight pinker undertone...
Also, I'm combination skin.
I matched this shade at the counter and it fit PERFECTLY, so I bought it of course.
The product is with a very lovely texture.
When it's summer, it turns to ORANGE SKIN after 2-3 hours!!!! (under sunlight!!)
OMG!!!! I hate it and never use it again. I've never seen this before as my skin isn't that oily.
I think this would be nice for dry skin though.
Be AWARE if you are oily skin.

on 5/28/2016 2:27:00 PM

The most expensive foundation that I own, and truly the most beautiful as well. I use the shade Alabaster and it's a perfect match, I stayed well away from Future Skin for a long time believing it to be made for mature skin and not realising that the formula may actually be very suitable for my combination skin.
I'm so glad I purchased it, it's just absolutely stunning - it's so easy to blend into the skin with your fingers, you don't need to bother with a brush, it may be expensive but you don't need much and it's a very refreshing water/gel type consistency.

There's no sunscreen in this so if you want a good foundation for evening this is really good, it gives a dewy and natural finish to the skin. I think that if you're dry skinned you'd love this, if you're combination/dry like I am then you'd also love it. Oily skinned folks i'm not sure about... it may slide off you fairly quickly so I don't think I'd go for it if my skin was like that.
The jar packaging isn't ideal but somehow it just adds to the luxury feel and dressing table appeal of this product and so I don't begrudge it the packaging too much... it's the kind of foundation you could layer for more coverage and yet still have it look like skin, it literally doesn't look like makeup and I think that Chantecailles formulas are so good in this respect that why would they bother making any new ones? They don't need to with classics that are this good.

Would I buy this again? Yes because it's a jar of refreshing, dewy, glowy foundation that matches my skin perfectly and I can top it up later on in the day without it caking. It isn't a foundation that covers every little flaw like ELDW so you'll need extra concealer if you're mortal like me. If you have spots then this won't be your hero unfortunately, if you have mostly good skin that isn't oily....you'll probably fall in love instantly.

on 5/15/2016 5:59:00 PM

I really wanted to like this foundation. I had a HG foundation by Kanebo that I loved but they changed the color range and discontinued my shade. :-( I tried this Chantecaille foundation in Porcelain at the Neiman Marcus in the King of Prussia Mall. It seemed to wear well and was a good color match. I went back to the store and found out that they didn't have Porcelain on hand -- only the tester -- and didn't know when it would be back in stock in the store (note to NM: check your stock before you suggest a product!!). I was able to order it later online.

However, after wearing it for several days, I noticed I was having breakouts. I would take a rest from the foundation, they would clear up, go back to wearing the foundation and the breakouts would return. So...I threw it out. A rather pricey failure.

Too bad, because it is a good color match for someone with very pale skin and I found that it applied easily and evenly and "sat" well on my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really nice foundation. Color was very good. I got cream and had nice amount of yellow. Coverage build able. Sales persons advise to apply with brush or fingers not sponge which was good. I have eczema prone skin and this has not caused breakouts. I will buy again. I am not thrilled with packaging but quality of product makes up for it. So glad Nordstroms carries this line.

on 1/23/2016 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

After much debate I decided to splurge on this foundation. The main reason was that it does not have SPF so I could wear without fear of flash at night while being able to use my own SS in the day (Elta Clear). It is gel-like, in a wide pot so have to be careful not to overdo application and close the cover. It adheres very well to the skin and does not highlight pores or lines, and in fact blurs the pores very nicely. Does not highlight flakes. It moves with the skin naturally and one doesn't feel it. Blendability is fabulous (I use fingertips). There are several yellow-based shades for people who have trouble with other lines' color selections. I use Shea and used a sample for some time before purchase. I have had no breakouts or irritation, and do not find the foundation to migrate, fade or transfer. If you have dry-combination, mature, or normal-leaning dry skin (as in winter time) this formula should work well for you.