CHANTECAILLE Future Skin Foundation

CHANTECAILLE Future Skin Foundation
Future Skin Foundation

3.8

2015 reformulation:Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Peg, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg-400, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Talc, Iron Oxides.Old formula:Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 2/27/2019 5:39:00 PM

Alabaster - my holy grail in terms of color and feeling and effectiveness. This doesn't break me out - in fact, I feel as though it actually improves my skin, which is insane for me when it comes to a foundation and my easily sensitized skin that reacts easily in redness and blemishes! I hope they never change the formulation. I'm on my 3rd jar since I bought my first one in December 2017 - it lasts a long time. Only cons - I don't like the jar although I do appreciate that it allows me to get every last drop. It is not for carrying. And it's VERY expensive. Lastly, it can be problematic for me wearing it in the summertime when it's very humid as the moisturizing properties tend to great some shine and causes some slippage if outdoors a lot. This is the best foundation I've ever used and don't mind shelling out for it.

on 2/17/2019 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am on my second or third jar (it lasts such a long time it’s hard to remember). Alabaster is a perfect match for me. The magic of this product is that you can’t tell it’s on, you just look like your parents mated with an angel and you inherited such amazing skin from your celestial forebears. I have dry skin (but otherwise very good) and I take care to moisturize and prime before dotting this on and either using my fingers or a flat brush to smooth it out. It doesn’t settle into lines, it’s not cakey, and there’s no overwhelming scent. You can leave it as is for a dewy finish or apply loose powder to set it for a matte finish.

I thought I’d never get over the loss of the original version of Lingerie de Peau, but truthfully this is much better than that one ever was.

Ask for samples from the SA - getting the right color is critical.

on 11/29/2018 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Skin background: Comb/oily, acne scarring, sensitive/ reactive, large pores in the Tzone, fair with warm undertones.
OVERALL RATING: 4/5
Ugh I hate that I fell in love with this because it is so god damn expensive and a little tricky to work with but I can’t help it!
COVERAGE: This is by no means a full coverage foundation. At most you will get a light-medium coverage when applied with fingers or brush. And not many brushes work with this- the best one I have found is honestly the Chantecaille foundation brush.
FINISH: The finish is what makes this foundation so worth it. I haven’t ever found any other foundation with such a skin like finish; it completely blurs my pores and I love how I am complimented on how beautiful my skin looks as apposed to my foundation.
TEXTURE: Just like the name it does have a jelly type texture
SCENT: Because of the botanicals in this it has a fresh herbal scent
SPF: none
LASTING POWER: not the best, I do have to touch up quite a bit. Probably a good 4 hours and I am pretty oily
SHADES: sadly the makeup is lacking a bit with this foundation. Porcelain was the right undertone for me but it was just way too fair. Alabaster was the closest match I could find but it is a tad too neutral for me.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: nope!
PACKAGING: This is the one bad thing about this product. While the jar it comes in is very adorable it is just incredible unhygienic and impractical.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: yes!
FINAL VERDICT: if you can afford to give it a try, I say go for it. But there are definitely more affordable options that are just as good.

Aime ça! Va super lisse, aide à hydrater ma peau et ne me sort pas. Couverture légère, mais vous pouvez en ajouter davantage pour une meilleure couverture. La finition est naturelle et dure toute la journée. J'ai déjà acheté 3 fois

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

Always on the hunt for an exciting new foundation, I attended a Chantecaille "artist" make-up session. (I had used their tinted moisturiser, Just Skin but found it too thick and caused break-outs).

Camomile was chosen for my quite fair, neutral to slightly warm skin. Looked good in the store and felt good. I bought it. Unfortunately I had to return the product as the colour he chose was wrong, too orange. I ended up with Vanilla which is still a bit too dark so I will be using it up before winter sets in. I like the product but feel (on me at least) it must be mixed with moisturiser to avoid streaking - or at least over a good primer, which I don't use every day - yes I know I should. Future Skin oxidises considerably on me.

The make-up artist likened the product to Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk which I mentioned was my favourite and HG for some years. I don't believe it is a fair comparison in my case as FS is much harder to apply. The packaging on Future Skin is average and would be better in a tube, similar to Just Skin. However I will return to Lasting Silk.

I have been on a long disappointing couple years of buying very high end makeup and either returning (thanks nordies) or throwing out (no thanks NM), and with living 4 hours from the nearest NM that carries Chantecaille, my bad luck has cost me a fortune. Let me begin by saying I will be 56 soon, have combo skin that now is showing signs of menopausal changes, I have tried them all for the most part. I wish you could see my makeup bags, some are there because I can't throw out 200$ bottles of makeup.:(. But I actually tried this at a NM four hours from my home, had the gal apply it and u drove home got home late and didnt wash my face( I know bad right) anyway when i woke up it my face looked great. Not greasy, not bumpy, and remarkably NO SLEEP DENTS OR LINES. So Im not sure what is in this that made the happen, but I drove the following week back to Nordies-4 hours away to buy it. I try to buy my things at nordics because they simply are the best if things dont work for your skin, I have to have most of my things shipped from nordics due to living in the boonies of wis. Again thank you nordies for 15$ overnight shipping. But back to this makeup, I am sold...I know I have reviews for other makeup, well I need to update them,=blah and not for me. Sometimes it takes a while for your skin to react to things in makeup and skincare, it does for me anyway. I have been using this now over a week, and i am never greasy after a couple hours, my face isn't flakey, it isn't red, and no break outs.I have even gone to work in a hot sticky kitchen at my restaurant. After sweating my makeup is still on. So all in all I am really impressed. The only thing I am not 100% impressed with it is because it is made in Japan. Seems to me that this formula could be made over here or perhaps the cult industry favorite would be France, or Italy, Sweden or Germany. I would feel better if it was made here. But maybe Japan is the reason this is so high tech. Anyway the coverage for me is great. It is smoothing fills my large pores-the end results of oily skin as a young gal. I got the color- vanilla, perhaps I will go one or two shades darker come summer. Or blend two shades darker with this vanilla to make the perfect color. I needed the pinker base rather then yellow. I was shown how to adjust the color in the future summer months. To save money I will probably get two shades darker with a bit if yellow to it. If you are not happy with your current foundation, I would say try this. I also set it with the subtle shade of loose powder from Chantecaille.

on 2/4/2018 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I debated on buying this product for so long. So far, I am very pleased I did. It has only been a week since I first tried it. After a long 10 hour day, my face does not look at dried out (I live in very dry Denver). I would not say this is that hydrating. It is not drying, but not really that hydrating. It has not caused any breakouts (thank God). My skin is pretty decent, some superficial scars, nothing bad. I prefer natural and light coverage. This is a keeper so far. I gave it 3 stars for the lousy packaging. But you probably cannot get a gel foundation into a jar. My hands are always super clean, so no problem.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying them all, this really became my "HG" foundation. I wear the shade "cream," which is a perfect match to my light olive skin (I also self tan a bit to give myself some color too). I find that this shade blends SO well, and I can wear it year round too. I see why they use this on celebrities (in movies, TV, award shows, etc). Nothing compares to how perfect this foundation makes your skin look. The trick is knowing how to apply it. I dot it on my face, then blend with a foundation brush. It gives your skin the PERFECT glow, while covering a lot. Now this isn't full-FULL coverage, and you still need a concealer for dark circles, blemishes, etc. But it's amazing in the sense that you can really layer this on when you're having a bad skin day and it doesn't LOOK like you're wearing a face full of heavy makeup! Yes, the price is really bad. But as much as some complain about how "unsanitary" the jar packaging is, they fail to see that AT LEAST you can get out EVERY DROP of product!!!! And when you're spending $80 a jar (or more with tax!), that matters. But BECAUSE of the price, this can only ever be my "special occasion" foundation. If you can afford to wear this foundation every day, you are very lucky (and very rich)!!! So on a daily basis, I stick to Physician's Formula mineral cushion foundation (along with their Instaready concealer) instead. But when I know I'm going to be in pictures or in front of the camera (sometimes I'm on TV with my work), nothing else compares to this foundation. I also love the fact that it doesn't have perfume in it and the ingredients are all natural, vegan, and good for you! This foundation is worth every penny because of this. Not only do you LOOK good, but your skin actually IMPROVES when you take it off at the end of the day. How many foundations have this effect?! I can remember using Armani's luminous silk foundation thinking I had "bad skin." Nope! Turns out, it was just bad foundation! So I cannot recommend this product enough!! They have an excellent shade range too.

After following a skin care routine given to me by a dermal therapist for my mild acne, I was advised to change my makeup. I currently use and have been using Estee Lauder double wear and it is my HG foundation.
Now, I have managed to clear my skin of any active pimples, however I am still plagued by some redness and scarring. For day time wear I can conceal this with a bit of concealer (L'oreal true match) and BB cream (Maybelline dream pure BB), and if I'm looking for a bit more coverage I'll set with either Australis fresh and flawless powder or Bareminerals matte powder foundation. Or alternatively, if I'm looking for full coverage, one coat of Estee Lauder double wear is more than enough for me.
i LOVE EL doublewear, but much to my dismay my therapist told me that it was quite congesting, so I reluctantly went to Mecca for advice on an alternative product. I told the girl working that I wanted something medium to full coverage that wouldn't break me out. She suggested this product, so I got a sample.

I first applied my bareminerals BB primer cream in the shade light. I then went in with my morphe Y6 flat buffer brush with a decent amount of product. FIRST IMPRESSION: Extremely disappointed with the coverage. Did nothing to hide my scarring; I could still see everything. So I went in with a second layer hoping it would be buildable, but this was not the case. I had to set it quite heavily with my bareminerals powder before I was satisfied enough to go to work with it on.

The reason I'm giving this product 3 stars instead of 2 is because the actual foundation is absolutely beautiful if you want a sheer coverage. The color was perfect,I have light skin with a slight yellow undertone. It gave a really nice dewy finish which was nice change from the matte finish I got from EL doublewear. After 6 hours it was still in place, it didn't break me out, and it remained flawless throughout my shift.

For the price, I would definitely go for something else. The fact that you would need to use so much product to get a slight coverage is definitely not value for money in my eyes.

For someone with dry/normal clear skin, I couldn't recommend this product enough if you are willing to pay the price. For someone who wants more coverage on the other hand; this probably won't satisfy your needs. Glad I got a sample instead of paying the money for it!

on 7/13/2017 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The product itself is good but it is not worth the exorbitant price. The packaging is cheap plastic and it doesn't even have a pump; milani's foundation is $11 and has a pump! the coverage is medium and the finish is dewy but there are other foundations half the price that do the same thing; if you use a high coverage concealer with a B.B. Cream, this will also produce the same effect. This doesn't even have spf in it and if you have bumpy skin, it accentuates the bumps. The lasting power is average at best.