La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

Filtered by hair type : Other
La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

3.5

AQUA / WATER CYCLOHEXASILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE PROPYLENE GLYCOL ISOHEXADECANE NIACINAMIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE CETYL ALCOHOL ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE CARBOMER SODIUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID CITRIC ACID XANTHAN GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SALICYLIC ACID IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE PIROCTONE OLAMINE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE Last update : 09/2009

If you have some pimples here and there this works ok. It you have persistent pimples, this may not work that well unless you apply it a few times a day.this should have. 2 percent salycilic acid and it would work better

I think this is a very good product for local treatment. I find it works very well in treating acne.
However, you should keep in mind that it does not do much for severe acne problems. I had significant problems with adult acne and treated it with dermatologist prescription lotions for about 2 years until it stabilized. During that period, I did not notice any significant effect of this product, but nowadays, when I am in the "maintenance" phase with occasional break-outs, this is very efficient for faster healing. It is also helpful when you cannot restrain yourself from picking on some black/whiteheads, as it calms the area and helps you not make things worse.
The only negative thing I can say about this product is about the packaging: I find that when the product is almost full, it dispenses more that you need, so it supports waiste; however, as you only need the tiniest bit, you still need a very long time until you use it up.

It didn't work well, not with small, big, beginning to form pimples. Never had any irritation with it. I didn't like the aluminium tube, because it broke on the sides.

on 5/12/2012 10:53:00 AM

This is one of the very few products I've consistently purchased again and again over the years. A staple for me. I'm so surprised to see it hasn't gotten better reviews on MUA.

My skin is generally good, yet almost every day, a new pimple will raise its ugly head, especially along my hairline. This cream clears most pimples within a day or two, and often enough, overnight, with one single application.

A bit expensive, but I don't think twice about it coz the results are there. Also I estimate a tube lasts me six months.

on 11/11/2010 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

This product is "ok" - wouldn't say its great.
I have been using it quite regularly for about one and a half months now.
Takes about 4 days to clear whiteheads - BUT the scar still remains.
Not too sure if I would purchase again.

on 6/15/2010 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

EDIT: Meh, not so miraculous after all. Still breaking out.

this is my fast-action miracle product. I've only been using it for a week but by the third day it had already soothed and reduced these persistent cystic pimples on my right jawline. I did use this in conjunction with effaclar k though so maybe i cant attribute all the benefits to a.i. Since i'm living at paris in the moment, i was able to get this for about 8 which i think is not bad at all.

Cons: balls up a bit sometimes, but small price to pay. The packaging is hygienice BUT sometimes the product squeezes out by itself

bottom line: try it. It really worked for me.

on 12/6/2008 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product doesn't seem to do what it promises. It did nothing for my acne. Absolutely nothing! I am really dissapointed of this product.

on 11/25/2004 5:34:00 AM

This one comes in the same packaging as Effaclar K, just a litte bit smaller. It's Effaclar K's little brother for spot-treating blemishes, spots and breakouts.

I use this after Effaclar K (or any other face cream/lotion) on spots and cysts. Unfortunately it doesn't help much with the cysts, but it's a good treatment for blemishes and the likes without drying at all.

I've been using this for several months now and will certainly be repurchasing for quite some time. I do alternate with bp and payot pate grise for more stubborn blemishes though. continued >>

Popular Face Skincare Products