La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

Filtered by hair type : Other
La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

3.4

AQUA / WATER CYCLOHEXASILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE PROPYLENE GLYCOL ISOHEXADECANE NIACINAMIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE CETYL ALCOHOL ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE CARBOMER SODIUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID CITRIC ACID XANTHAN GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SALICYLIC ACID IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE PIROCTONE OLAMINE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE Last update : 09/2009

on 1/6/2018 6:45:00 AM

its not a bad product but just average, i need to keep using it to see real results.

If you have some pimples here and there this works ok. It you have persistent pimples, this may not work that well unless you apply it a few times a day.this should have. 2 percent salycilic acid and it would work better

I think this is a very good product for local treatment. I find it works very well in treating acne.
However, you should keep in mind that it does not do much for severe acne problems. I had significant problems with adult acne and treated it with dermatologist prescription lotions for about 2 years until it stabilized. During that period, I did not notice any significant effect of this product, but nowadays, when I am in the "maintenance" phase with occasional break-outs, this is very efficient for faster healing. It is also helpful when you cannot restrain yourself from picking on some black/whiteheads, as it calms the area and helps you not make things worse.
The only negative thing I can say about this product is about the packaging: I find that when the product is almost full, it dispenses more that you need, so it supports waiste; however, as you only need the tiniest bit, you still need a very long time until you use it up.

It didn't work well, not with small, big, beginning to form pimples. Never had any irritation with it. I didn't like the aluminium tube, because it broke on the sides.

on 5/12/2012 10:53:00 AM

This is one of the very few products I've consistently purchased again and again over the years. A staple for me. I'm so surprised to see it hasn't gotten better reviews on MUA.

My skin is generally good, yet almost every day, a new pimple will raise its ugly head, especially along my hairline. This cream clears most pimples within a day or two, and often enough, overnight, with one single application.

A bit expensive, but I don't think twice about it coz the results are there. Also I estimate a tube lasts me six months.

on 11/11/2010 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

This product is "ok" - wouldn't say its great.
I have been using it quite regularly for about one and a half months now.
Takes about 4 days to clear whiteheads - BUT the scar still remains.
Not too sure if I would purchase again.

on 6/15/2010 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

EDIT: Meh, not so miraculous after all. Still breaking out.

this is my fast-action miracle product. I've only been using it for a week but by the third day it had already soothed and reduced these persistent cystic pimples on my right jawline. I did use this in conjunction with effaclar k though so maybe i cant attribute all the benefits to a.i. Since i'm living at paris in the moment, i was able to get this for about 8 which i think is not bad at all.

Cons: balls up a bit sometimes, but small price to pay. The packaging is hygienice BUT sometimes the product squeezes out by itself

bottom line: try it. It really worked for me.

on 12/6/2008 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product doesn't seem to do what it promises. It did nothing for my acne. Absolutely nothing! I am really dissapointed of this product.

on 11/25/2004 5:34:00 AM

This one comes in the same packaging as Effaclar K, just a litte bit smaller. It's Effaclar K's little brother for spot-treating blemishes, spots and breakouts.

I use this after Effaclar K (or any other face cream/lotion) on spots and cysts. Unfortunately it doesn't help much with the cysts, but it's a good treatment for blemishes and the likes without drying at all.

I've been using this for several months now and will certainly be repurchasing for quite some time. I do alternate with bp and payot pate grise for more stubborn blemishes though. continued >>

Popular Face Skincare Products