La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

3.9

AQUA / WATER CYCLOHEXASILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE PROPYLENE GLYCOL ISOHEXADECANE NIACINAMIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE CETYL ALCOHOL ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE CARBOMER SODIUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID CITRIC ACID XANTHAN GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SALICYLIC ACID IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE PIROCTONE OLAMINE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE Last update : 09/2009

Horrible! Turned the pimple into a hard mass deep under my skin, and left a very bad scar ... First time ever i have hd this kind of mess ... Tossed it into dumpster after first use. Avoid this, get the normal effaclar duo which is a wonderful product.

If you have some pimples here and there this works ok. It you have persistent pimples, this may not work that well unless you apply it a few times a day.this should have. 2 percent salycilic acid and it would work better

on 9/6/2015 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This little thing is good! I use it when I feel that there is a small pimple forming. I put one big dollop of this all over my small skin bumps (white heads? soon-to-be pimples?) and leave it overnight. You will feel a "tingle" using it this way, but it's a good "tingle".
This usually reduces the small under-the-skin-bumps overnight or 2. For bigger skin bumps, this will make the pimple have a "head" which I can properly prick and cover with a hydrocolloid dressing. If the bump is still present in the morning, I will use a thin layer of this under my sunblock, and over my serum.

Packaging is perfect! Consistency is great, and it smells good. Love this!

(I'm not sure if there is a US version of this--like the Duo, but I bought mine from someone who lives in Europe)

P.S.
I am still using Acne.org's Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide) for maintenance. I use A.I. just to spot-treat small bumps and pimples. On the days where I use BP at night (M-W-F) I use A.I. on top of BP, after waiting for the BP to dry (15 mins) Stings a little but, pretty good acne-fighting combo overall.

on 6/23/2015 7:32:00 AM

Amazing product! The only Benzoyl Peroxide product that is effective without drying out and irritating my skin. Works like a miracle stopping breakouts in their tracks. I've seen results after just one use and have already gone through 10 tubes!

The only thing i wish is that they made it in bigger tubes.

A bit pricey but worth every penny

I think this is a very good product for local treatment. I find it works very well in treating acne.
However, you should keep in mind that it does not do much for severe acne problems. I had significant problems with adult acne and treated it with dermatologist prescription lotions for about 2 years until it stabilized. During that period, I did not notice any significant effect of this product, but nowadays, when I am in the "maintenance" phase with occasional break-outs, this is very efficient for faster healing. It is also helpful when you cannot restrain yourself from picking on some black/whiteheads, as it calms the area and helps you not make things worse.
The only negative thing I can say about this product is about the packaging: I find that when the product is almost full, it dispenses more that you need, so it supports waiste; however, as you only need the tiniest bit, you still need a very long time until you use it up.

on 9/7/2014 3:32:00 AM

I'm a fan of most of the Effaclar range, but not of this. I find if you put it on a spot it doesn't let the spot come to a head. Instead I'm left with a huge lump under my skin that no matter how much I squeeze, it won't pop (sorry for being gross). This lump then remains there for ages. I'm actually afraid to use it on spots now as iv been left with a good few boil type spots from it. I know popping spots can leave scars but I find once they pop they die down and go away. I'd rather that then have these 'dead' lumps under my skin.
Effaclar duo plus is great though.

Bit 'meh'. I used it on spots on my face and it did very little. I am now slathering it on ingrown hairs so as to use it up. I will not repurchase.

on 3/16/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, I would like to say that I (now) use this once a day as a preventive treatment.
I used to have blemishes every day, 1 to 3 at a time, all around my chin and since I started using this preventively I'm blemishes free, for real! It did what no other product could and I've tried almost everything, even I'm confused on how can this "cure" my acne problem with no side effects (it doesn't dry out the skin were I put it). I always keep 2 or 3 extra packages of this just in case they discontinue it.

on 8/19/2013 7:29:00 AM

This works like magic for me, the best thing I have tried to far. I have oily skin and get a few pimples mainly on my cheeks. They usually are in the form of red bumps and they can get quite large, sometimes turning into whiteheads. This stuff does excactly what it says, it calms them down. I put it on as soon as I notice a pimple forming and it prevents it from growing. You only need to use a tiny amount and the tube lasts for ages. Good value for money if you don't have very many pimples.

on 7/11/2013 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I started using this when I was younger and first started breaking out. The lady at the drugstore recommended this and said it was a great product. So I purchased the whole skincare line, the toner, the cleanser and the moisturizer. Perhaps it was a little too rich for my sensitive skin because it caused the worst skin I have ever had in my life! Didnt work for me and I wouldnt recommend or buy it again.

Popular Face Skincare Products