La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

3.8

AQUA / WATER CYCLOHEXASILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE PROPYLENE GLYCOL ISOHEXADECANE NIACINAMIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE CETYL ALCOHOL ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE CARBOMER SODIUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID CITRIC ACID XANTHAN GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SALICYLIC ACID IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE PIROCTONE OLAMINE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE Last update : 09/2009

on 3/16/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, I would like to say that I (now) use this once a day as a preventive treatment.
I used to have blemishes every day, 1 to 3 at a time, all around my chin and since I started using this preventively I'm blemishes free, for real! It did what no other product could and I've tried almost everything, even I'm confused on how can this "cure" my acne problem with no side effects (it doesn't dry out the skin were I put it). I always keep 2 or 3 extra packages of this just in case they discontinue it.

on 1/15/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Well, this does help with blemishes but I also find if I am not careful it can really burn my skin badly. I have sensitive skin but usual have been able to use BP lotions at 5% with less irritation. Maybe it is another ingredient in there that bugs me. I think the price is absolutely ridiculous for what you get! I will most likely use it sparingly as needed simply because I'll feel like it was a waste of money if I don't. It works best for me applied as a disinfectant after extracting a blemish so more don't pop up. It absolutely does the job in that respect. I will NOT buy this one again.

on 8/18/2010 8:40:00 PM

This helped reduce the size of my cystic acne and whiteheads. It dried out the whiteheads in 1-2 days and helped to exfoliate the dead skin cells away. It did not seem to cause new breakouts. However I still see red brownish marks even though the painful bump is gone, and I am still waiting for these marks to fade away after using it for ~2 weeks.

***UPDATE*** I found it after a while to be too drying to my skin and not that effective on certain acne.The scar marks take a longer time to fade away. In fact some of the scars are still there, even after 1.5 months. I might use it occasionally but instead have switched to a 2% salicylic based herbal spot treatment gel that's dermatologist recommended. I think it is working better. I think the Benzoyl peroxide in this product kills the bacteria but also is damaging to the skin, creating a lot of free radicals.

on 5/22/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great spot treatment! It's made those nasty under-the-skin spots that refuse to surface and hurt like hell go away and it's also got rid of the cysts and small patches of acne that I used to experience near my jaw line and parts of my cheeks.

It took me some time to get rid of all of my major spots, but it's very effective. I use this on my spots and blackheads in the morning and evening after cleansing and toning my face but just before moisturising. It's kept my skin very clear and is super-effective on those one-off pimples that you can get from time to time.

Definitely recommend this.
A little pricey, but the tube that I've bought has seemed to have lasted me forever. Will buy again if ever this tube runs out!

on 11/2/2007 10:25:00 AM

A great on the spot treatment for zapping pimples without drying out your skin or leaving a nasty redmark. BP does not work well for me, and I've found that this product is a delightful alternative. I don't have many breakouts, but I do get the occasional whitehead. I just put some of this lotion on the spot 2-3 times a day, and by the next day it is gone. Best of all, it dimishes the red mark that would normally still be there long after the pimple is gone. The Effaclar A.I. also works well in conjunction with the Effaclar K (a gentle salicylic acid product). The only thing that I do not like is that this particular LRP product is hard to find. I ended up ordered from Tubotica, but the wait was well worth it!

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Niacinamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Kaolin, Carbomer, Salicylic Acid, Piroctone Olamine, Capryloyl Glycine, Acrylates Copolymer, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, PEG-4 Dilaurate, PEG-4 Laurate, PEG-4, Isobutane, Sodium Sulfate, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Parfum/Fragance.

Popular Face Skincare Products