La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

Filtered by skin type : Combination
La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

3.5

AQUA / WATER CYCLOHEXASILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE PROPYLENE GLYCOL ISOHEXADECANE NIACINAMIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE CETYL ALCOHOL ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE CARBOMER SODIUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID CITRIC ACID XANTHAN GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SALICYLIC ACID IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE PIROCTONE OLAMINE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE Last update : 09/2009

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an okay product. Im a huge fan of la roche posay brand. Applying this before the effaclar duo plus. I find that on little bumps or regular size of acnes,it will dry 1-2 days. But if you have large and red acnes then it will take longer than the usual to dry. Im still having dark spots depending on what type of acne im having. I apply this twice a day. I still love to put this on even though its not an overnight miracle worker since i can see the difference when i dont apply this. Would still recommend this though but i will also reiterate to use the french formula than the us formula.

If you have some pimples here and there this works ok. It you have persistent pimples, this may not work that well unless you apply it a few times a day.this should have. 2 percent salycilic acid and it would work better

on 12/16/2015 7:35:00 PM

At first, I thought this product works wonders! Huge pimples dissapeared literally over night after I put this cream on - but the euphoria didn't last long. I realized that on every spot where I put this cream on, there was a big lump. And, in fact - I have those for a few months now and every now and then I try to squeeze them - but just a little bit comes out and it still doesn't dissapear. :( I'm actually pretty sad about it.

I have a huge acne spot near my temple, it was very red with big whiteheads and bumps under the surface. This little tube cleared it all! now I only have some scars left but i know they Will disappear with time. i love this little miracle worker.

on 12/13/2014 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product, especially because I can use it under make up without any negative consequences. At times, my skin is acne prone and this product really helps to avoid the awkward stages of a pimple growing into a huge mass. I think the fact that this product rubs into the skin and essentially disappears helps to seal the product into the affected area.

I don't use this product too much, as it's expensive, but my skin also goes through long phases of being really clear. I think this product really helps for breakouts that are a couple of pimples deep. When I get spots, I can usually just leave them alone and they'll clear up. I have a suspicion that this product actually helped my face clear up and since using this product intensively, I've had clear skin for the last few months.

My mother and sister both use La Roche Posay's skin care lines and my mom especially loves it for her older and very oily skin. My sister has sensitive skin and she likes Effaclar Duo rather than this one. I've tried both, and both have worked on me, though I like Effaclar A.I. better because it rubs into my skin and feels more creamy to me.

I think the difference in opinion may have to do with the types of skin that people have. This product works well for me but I only have occasional break-outs. When I do, I have them for a couple of weeks at a time and then my skin calms down again. I use this product under my make up religiously while I have breakouts, since I think the barrier between the pimples and make up help to give any breakouts time to heal and also protect them from bacteria.

I can't say how this works for oily skin, but my mother and sister both like Effaclar Duo better than this, and they have oily and sensitive skin. If you can get a sample, try that before purchasing. If not, then do some research and see if either product might make your skin more sensitive. I like products with salicylic acid, and this product has it. That might also be something to take into account. If salicylic acid works for your skin, then chances are, this will too.

From effaclar range this is the worst, it doesn't do anything to my spots. Waste of money

I think this is a very good product for local treatment. I find it works very well in treating acne.
However, you should keep in mind that it does not do much for severe acne problems. I had significant problems with adult acne and treated it with dermatologist prescription lotions for about 2 years until it stabilized. During that period, I did not notice any significant effect of this product, but nowadays, when I am in the "maintenance" phase with occasional break-outs, this is very efficient for faster healing. It is also helpful when you cannot restrain yourself from picking on some black/whiteheads, as it calms the area and helps you not make things worse.
The only negative thing I can say about this product is about the packaging: I find that when the product is almost full, it dispenses more that you need, so it supports waiste; however, as you only need the tiniest bit, you still need a very long time until you use it up.

Bit 'meh'. I used it on spots on my face and it did very little. I am now slathering it on ingrown hairs so as to use it up. I will not repurchase.

on 3/12/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

OHHH MY GOD AMAAAAAAZZIINNGGG!!!!!

I wore heavy makeup the whole of yesterday and i used so many products that i cant really guess which one caused me to break out. at the end of the night when i took off my makeup i noticed a huge red pimple on my left cheek, it was painful to touch and sore. i have a photoshoot today, so obviously i was freaked out as hell.

i use effaclar duo under my moisturiser whenever my skin feels like it may breakout. so last night i did the same and i spot treated with A.I. on top of my moituriser. i woke up and the pimple is almost gone, i mean, i can still see it but its almost flat enough for me to cover with foundation (dont think i'll even need a concealer, seriously, that goood!!!).

i have had this product for a while and i have used it off an on but i guess i have never really bothered to keep track of what its doing, but after this experience i think its safe to say this is gonna be my HG spot treatment for pimples. it didnt dry out my skin or mak my skin flake, just gone? how is that even possible? if i had known i would have clicked a before and after for proof but i think after a couple more nights with it i dont think there will be any proof of a before to tell.

i guess it also helped that i treated the problem as soon as it appeared, and so i think that's what i would reccommend. pop this one one as soon as you see something popping or somethink lurking just below the surface and watch this magician do its trick. no more fancy stuff for me. simple, cheap products sometimes work wonders. my faith is restored.

on 1/12/2014 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been very please with this purchase. It is highly concentrated- a little goes a long way. I purchased it for bumps and blackheads i can feel but cannot see or remove myself. I also have a blocked pore on my cheek that has been there for ages but i can never seem to get a facialist that can remove it or do anything with it really without recommending that i use hard chemical peels or micro--BUT! This product has visibly reduced all spots/bumps in just four days and i have been dabbing the residue on my nose and it has been keeping blackheads at bay.

It just affirms for me that the French know what they are doing when it comes to skincare and that LRP is a great line for most skin ailments! Enjoy!

Popular Face Skincare Products