La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

3.5

AQUA / WATER CYCLOHEXASILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE PROPYLENE GLYCOL ISOHEXADECANE NIACINAMIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE CETYL ALCOHOL ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE CARBOMER SODIUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID CITRIC ACID XANTHAN GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SALICYLIC ACID IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE PIROCTONE OLAMINE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE Last update : 09/2009

on 12/16/2015 7:35:00 PM

At first, I thought this product works wonders! Huge pimples dissapeared literally over night after I put this cream on - but the euphoria didn't last long. I realized that on every spot where I put this cream on, there was a big lump. And, in fact - I have those for a few months now and every now and then I try to squeeze them - but just a little bit comes out and it still doesn't dissapear. :( I'm actually pretty sad about it.

I have a huge acne spot near my temple, it was very red with big whiteheads and bumps under the surface. This little tube cleared it all! now I only have some scars left but i know they Will disappear with time. i love this little miracle worker.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazingly effective. Never tried anything better.

From effaclar range this is the worst, it doesn't do anything to my spots. Waste of money

This product has grown on me over the last 18 months and I now can't live without it. I have very fair sensitive skin which prior to using LRP was blemish prone, and no matter what I tried nothing would help clear my skin.
Literally I think I've tried most brands on the market apart from prescription medication and spent hundreds of pounds on products that are a waste of time and money!! I got to the point where I had no choice but to wear full coverage makeup everyday which brought my self esteem down to zero.
I'd heard great reviews about Effaclar duo from the blogging world so decided to try it out and was really pleased with the results so bought the Effaclar AI and a few other LRP products to try for targeted blemish control. The formulation itself is very light and a cream texture unlike most of the gel based products on the market. It has little/no fragrance and you just apply to blemishes or to congested areas of your skin. It doesn't have the usual cold/tingly feeling from other treatments I'd tried and I had no irritation whatsoever.
Initially I didn't really see any improvement from using this product but in the last 9 months I have rediscovered it and its helped my skin 100%. I no longer get any visible red, sore blemishes on my face whatsoever. If I feel the start of a blemish happening I put the cream on straight away and by morning its gone. Literally as easy as that- no kidding its amazing!! I use the cream every night sparingly in areas where I previously used to break out as a preventative which has worked beautifully.
I think when I first started using this product I was using wayyyy too many blemish/acne fighting treatments/creams/toners etc and it was just too much for my skin. I was using the Effaclar face wash and toner which all contained the same ingredient Niacinamide which is great for treating acne/blemishes but it has to be in the right amount to get the best results. My advice would be to use the Effaclar AI alongside the effaclar duo as your daily moisturiser and blemish/acne treatment. For face wash, toner etc use something very simple so youre not overdoing it for example cetaphil and bioderma. Treatments like this are amazing but if you overdose your skin with the products that are supposed to be helping the skin just becomes irritated, dry and extremely sensitive.
I now am able to be make up free when I choose to be and am confident in my own skin.
100% ++++++ I would highly recommend! <3 <3

This product is not a lifesaver, but it helps diminish small pimples and flattens them overnight. I use this to maintain my skin rather than get rid of big pimples. I use it in combination with Effclar Duo (the European version) and Effaclar K and my skin is looking better than it has in a long time, but I wouldn't say it's due to Effaclar A.I.
Overall, it's an ok product, but I'm not sure if I would repurchase it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sometimes it helps after one application, but sometimes just nothing happen. But I totally love LRP Effaclar K, so both products actually have to work together.

on 5/12/2012 10:53:00 AM

This is one of the very few products I've consistently purchased again and again over the years. A staple for me. I'm so surprised to see it hasn't gotten better reviews on MUA.

My skin is generally good, yet almost every day, a new pimple will raise its ugly head, especially along my hairline. This cream clears most pimples within a day or two, and often enough, overnight, with one single application.

A bit expensive, but I don't think twice about it coz the results are there. Also I estimate a tube lasts me six months.

on 1/15/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Well, this does help with blemishes but I also find if I am not careful it can really burn my skin badly. I have sensitive skin but usual have been able to use BP lotions at 5% with less irritation. Maybe it is another ingredient in there that bugs me. I think the price is absolutely ridiculous for what you get! I will most likely use it sparingly as needed simply because I'll feel like it was a waste of money if I don't. It works best for me applied as a disinfectant after extracting a blemish so more don't pop up. It absolutely does the job in that respect. I will NOT buy this one again.

I went to shoppers drug mart hoping to find a great product to help clear the breakout I was having since none of the stuff I used at home worked. I saw this La Roche-Posay Effaclar kit which came with 5 little bottles of different acne treatments ; a gel 15 mL , this cream 15 mL , toner 15mL , lotion 5mL , and an anti-redness lotion 5mL. All these bottles we're smaller then my pinky finger for $20.
I used this breakout corrector on my pimples and it didn't help at all. I was disappointed because I thought this would definitely work considering La Roche-Posay is a pretty expensive brand but nooope it didn't.

Popular Face Skincare Products