Revlon Cherries in the Snow

Revlon Cherries in the Snow
Cherries in the SnowCherries in the SnowCherries in the SnowRevlon Cherries in the Snow

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocelluose, Tribenzoin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triacetin, Camphor, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Tetrabutyl Phenyl Benzoate, Tin Oxides, Dimethicone Copolyol May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Guanine, Chronium Oxide Greens, Chronium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet, Violet 2

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I first fell in love with Cherries In the Snow back in 1986. I've used it off n mostly on ever since. There's something about da color that goes with my skin tone ni often get asked what color is that... Cherries in the Snow. I've bn pleased with both the lipstick n polish ni hope it is never discontinued. Oh n over time I've learned a great top coat n just 2thin coats does da job.... It lasts 4 about a week or more.

on 10/8/2016 3:43:00 PM

The best summer red of them all. Even better than any of the top brands have in red for the summer. The only one that comes close is, OPI "I am Really not a Waitress", which is more expensive.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this polish! This is one of the first nail polishes I ever bought, which makes it slightly nostalgic for me.
"Cherries In The Snow" is a cool, blue-based red, and it's very flattering on my skin tone (very pale), but I have seen reviews of it on darker skin and it looks beautiful as well.It can seem more like a magenta is some lights, but is a true berry red.
The polish is very smooth and easy to apply, and the brush is easy to use.
I'm already on my second bottle, but the first one lasted for about 4 years, and didn't really thicken up until the end, which is incredible. I've noticed that Revlon in particular seem to be very long lasting-- I have another Revlon polish "Red Hot Tamale" (discontinued), and it still works quite well even after having it for about 4 years.

Caveats:
-Not the most shiny finish, so I would recommend a topcoat.
-Apply carefully, if you apply too thick a coat it bubbles on the nail a little bit (but that's true for a lot of polishes)

This polish was first released by Revlon in 1953, which also appeals to me because I am a fan of vintage style and makeup.
If you need a cool toned red or enjoy vintage shades, I would recommend this beautiful polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A very pretty, classic, medium-bright, cherry red opaque creme polish. A great go-to colour for a lot of skintones. It applies smoothly, keeps a nice consistency, works well with top coats, and wears well for a good 4 days on me (I use my hands a lot, in & out of water, but I keep them quite short). The bottle is easy to hold and the brush is very nice... Only improvement I would make is for the bristles to be a tad bit shorter. Highly recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A very warm pink-red, more pinky than it photos imo. The colour of cherries!

on 8/22/2015 6:56:00 AM

Very cool toned raspberry magenta red, glossy opaque creme with no shimmer or glitter.
Typical Revlon quality formula and decent brush, doesn't get gluggy over time.
Quite a pretty colour and different to the deeper reds, bordeauxs, microshimmmers etc in my collection.
Nice on toenails or fingernails. I wouldn't buy it again as I have plenty of various reds to choose from, others I'd prefer to try, and I find this shade a bit safe/boring now. Very easy to wear, doesn't scream red, work appropriate. But it is still a nice one and wears OK.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I loved the color. With two coats this nail polish it covered my very crappy weak nail and made them look good. I did recieve this nail polish in a gift set but i would definitely repurchase it the only bad bits about this nail polish are it takes forever to dry and it chips super quick its more of and everyday color rather than for going out. But over all i loved it for the most part.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this colour. It's a gorgeous cool-pinky-red that I imagine would be flattering on a range of skin tones. The formula is quite nice, perfectly opaque with a polished creme finish after two thin coats and wears for a week with no chips with base and topcoat. This and OPI Passion are the only polishes I've ever used up before they got goopey. Great stuff. Also a good pink for office work. The matching lipstick is also very nice and it can be quite fun to do the old school "matching lips and tips" even if you are the only person that notices :)

on 1/27/2015 12:18:00 PM

This is a lovely red with a hint of magenta, different enough to stand off from all the other reds I own (15?!). It is opaque in 1 coat, but I usually use 2 to even the colour out. With a good TC it lasts me 4-5 days without chipping, just a minimal tip wear.

on 5/16/2014 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my first Revlon nail polish and I have to say I am so pleasantly surprised!! I am really faithful to OPI because I love their formulas and wide brush but, unfortunately, where I live higher end brands are either hard to come by (i.e. OPI) or simply unavailable (Essie, Deborah Lippmann, Illamasqua, etc). So, I bought this on a whim because I didn't find any other higher end polishes that I wanted. Sorry for mentioning OPI so much but I am making comparisons here in case they are helpful to others who also love OPI's formula and/or wide brush and who may be hesitant to buy Revlon. I sure was but I'm so glad I bought this polish and will definitely be buying more! The formula is sooo nice; this is the first time in years that a color has been completely opaque in one coat. Also, I really, really like the brush. Although not as wide as OPI, this Revlon brush is great in its own way; it feels high quality (i.e. not stiff, spreads out nicely) and I think it's shorter so I really felt like I had more control. A pleasure to work with! Even makes me rethink how much I like the OPI pro-wide brush, at the very least I like this brush as much as the pro-wide. Because of the shape, however, I find that you definitely have to use the "technique" of placing a dollop of polish near the center of the nail and pushing it upward a bit toward the cuticle before moving down the rest of the nail. With OPI I just kind of plop the brush close to the cuticle without touching it and move down and it works because the brush is slightly curved. This Revlon brush is more squared off so if you directly lay the brush close to the cuticle, you will end up with a very straight line opposed to one that is slightly curved to match the shape of the cuticle (I hope that makes sense). As for the color, this is a pretty raspberry; it's classic without feeling dated, youthful without being immature. I wouldn't buy again, though. The color lacks a "punch" for me (I wish it had more blue-purple undertones) but I probably like it enough to use it all up. If you can, try the color before buying or definitely look at pictures online because I didn't and just bought this and another color (Revlon Fearless) based on what they looked like in the bottle and both came out much more red than what they looked like in the bottle. All in all great polish! So happy to have discovered Revlon polishes! To anyone hesitant I would really recommend at least trying one!

Popular Polishes