Revlon Cherries in the Snow

Revlon Cherries in the Snow
Cherries in the SnowCherries in the SnowCherries in the SnowRevlon Cherries in the Snow

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocelluose, Tribenzoin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triacetin, Camphor, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Tetrabutyl Phenyl Benzoate, Tin Oxides, Dimethicone Copolyol May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Guanine, Chronium Oxide Greens, Chronium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet, Violet 2

This gem of a color has been with me through 4 decades and still going strong. It's got a rich blue base to it and NEVER goes out of style. I don't wear much red on my lips (and yes ladies, you can get in a lipstick), but the nails rock! Always complimented on the color...since the 80's!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I first fell in love with Cherries In the Snow back in 1986. I've used it off n mostly on ever since. There's something about da color that goes with my skin tone ni often get asked what color is that... Cherries in the Snow. I've bn pleased with both the lipstick n polish ni hope it is never discontinued. Oh n over time I've learned a great top coat n just 2thin coats does da job.... It lasts 4 about a week or more.

on 10/8/2016 3:43:00 PM

The best summer red of them all. Even better than any of the top brands have in red for the summer. The only one that comes close is, OPI "I am Really not a Waitress", which is more expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A very pretty, classic, medium-bright, cherry red opaque creme polish. A great go-to colour for a lot of skintones. It applies smoothly, keeps a nice consistency, works well with top coats, and wears well for a good 4 days on me (I use my hands a lot, in & out of water, but I keep them quite short). The bottle is easy to hold and the brush is very nice... Only improvement I would make is for the bristles to be a tad bit shorter. Highly recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this polish! This is one of the first nail polishes I ever bought, which makes it slightly nostalgic for me.
"Cherries In The Snow" is a cool, blue-based red, and it's very flattering on my skin tone (very pale), but I have seen reviews of it on darker skin and it looks beautiful as well.It can seem more like a magenta is some lights, but is a true berry red.
The polish is very smooth and easy to apply, and the brush is easy to use.
I'm already on my second bottle, but the first one lasted for about 4 years, and didn't really thicken up until the end, which is incredible. I've noticed that Revlon in particular seem to be very long lasting-- I have another Revlon polish "Red Hot Tamale" (discontinued), and it still works quite well even after having it for about 4 years.

Caveats:
-Not the most shiny finish, so I would recommend a topcoat.
-Apply carefully, if you apply too thick a coat it bubbles on the nail a little bit (but that's true for a lot of polishes)

This polish was first released by Revlon in 1953, which also appeals to me because I am a fan of vintage style and makeup.
If you need a cool toned red or enjoy vintage shades, I would recommend this beautiful polish.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A very warm pink-red, more pinky than it photos imo. The colour of cherries!

on 8/22/2015 6:56:00 AM

Very cool toned raspberry magenta red, glossy opaque creme with no shimmer or glitter.
Typical Revlon quality formula and decent brush, doesn't get gluggy over time.
Quite a pretty colour and different to the deeper reds, bordeauxs, microshimmmers etc in my collection.
Nice on toenails or fingernails. I wouldn't buy it again as I have plenty of various reds to choose from, others I'd prefer to try, and I find this shade a bit safe/boring now. Very easy to wear, doesn't scream red, work appropriate. But it is still a nice one and wears OK.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this colour. It's a gorgeous cool-pinky-red that I imagine would be flattering on a range of skin tones. The formula is quite nice, perfectly opaque with a polished creme finish after two thin coats and wears for a week with no chips with base and topcoat. This and OPI Passion are the only polishes I've ever used up before they got goopey. Great stuff. Also a good pink for office work. The matching lipstick is also very nice and it can be quite fun to do the old school "matching lips and tips" even if you are the only person that notices :)

on 1/27/2015 12:18:00 PM

This is a lovely red with a hint of magenta, different enough to stand off from all the other reds I own (15?!). It is opaque in 1 coat, but I usually use 2 to even the colour out. With a good TC it lasts me 4-5 days without chipping, just a minimal tip wear.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I loved the color. With two coats this nail polish it covered my very crappy weak nail and made them look good. I did recieve this nail polish in a gift set but i would definitely repurchase it the only bad bits about this nail polish are it takes forever to dry and it chips super quick its more of and everyday color rather than for going out. But over all i loved it for the most part.

Popular Polishes