4.2

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

Sooooo...these reviews confuse me. This is a gorgeous shade, super flattering on me, classic yet still unique. But like...removing this polish was a bloodbath. It stained my nails, my skin, my life. I looked like I had been making borscht for a week. And I know how to take off polish! Been doing it my whole life! It took forever to go away. My bottle is recent, and seems fresh. A mystery. I'll never go through that again. Other than that, loved it. Lol.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

This polish is very disappointing and I am a fan of Revlon's polishes. This simply does not go on my nails like it's in the bottle. In the bottle it's the perfect blue toned red, a color which I LOVE. However, on my nails, it's a stupid plain old TOMATO RED, a color which I can't stand!! I keep forgetting about this issue and keep trying it once again, thinking it might be in my mind, but nope! I tried looking at it in any lights possible and there it is : TOMATO RED. In the bottle it's what I wanted: Snow White mom's blood on the snow, and I get TOMATO RED. It's not even a nice, neutral, red, it's clearly warm toned! I'm so pissed off. I'm going to only ever use it for toes from now on, I am fine with tomato red on my toes.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I have an emotional attachment to the iconic Cherries in the Snow. My mother wore it and my grandmother wore it. Revlon has made it since 1953! I don't think of it as "Old Lady" (I hate that phrase!)---it's elegant and timeless! I've worn zillions of colors, it seems, but never bought Cherries in the Snow until recently. I usually gravitate towards more neutral tones or dark wine shades. It's a vibrant blue based red, reminds me of very deep raspberry. I feel it's a happy, bright color. I think it's perfect for Spring and Summer. It goes on very smoothly, self levels, has great opacity. I used 2 coats plus a top coat of Seche Vite. My nails are not long now, I got away from long "dragon lady" nails years ago. I'm not sure I would like this on long nails. I think it would be too jarring. My manicure looks glossy, professional and has lasted a full week so far. I'll use this often and highly recommend it.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This gem of a color has been with me through 4 decades and still going strong. It's got a rich blue base to it and NEVER goes out of style. I don't wear much red on my lips (and yes ladies, you can get in a lipstick), but the nails rock! Always complimented on the color...since the 80's!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I first fell in love with Cherries In the Snow back in 1986. I've used it off n mostly on ever since. There's something about da color that goes with my skin tone ni often get asked what color is that... Cherries in the Snow. I've bn pleased with both the lipstick n polish ni hope it is never discontinued. Oh n over time I've learned a great top coat n just 2thin coats does da job.... It lasts 4 about a week or more.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

The best summer red of them all. Even better than any of the top brands have in red for the summer. The only one that comes close is, OPI "I am Really not a Waitress", which is more expensive.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

4 years ago

I love this polish! This is one of the first nail polishes I ever bought, which makes it slightly nostalgic for me. "Cherries In The Snow" is a cool, blue-based red, and it's very flattering on my skin tone (very pale), but I have seen reviews of it on darker skin and it looks beautiful as well.It can seem more like a magenta is some lights, but is a true berry red. The polish is very smooth and easy to apply, and the brush is easy to use. I'm already on my second bottle, but the first one lasted for about 4 years, and didn't really thicken up until the end, which is incredible. I've noticed that Revlon in particular seem to be very long lasting-- I have another Revlon polish "Red Hot Tamale" (discontinued), and it still works quite well even after having it for about 4 years. Caveats: -Not the most shiny finish, so I would recommend a topcoat. -Apply carefully, if you apply too thick a coat it bubbles on the nail a little bit (but that's true for a lot of polishes) This polish was first released by Revlon in 1953, which also appeals to me because I am a fan of vintage style and makeup. If you need a cool toned red or enjoy vintage shades, I would recommend this beautiful polish.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

A very pretty, classic, medium-bright, cherry red opaque creme polish. A great go-to colour for a lot of skintones. It applies smoothly, keeps a nice consistency, works well with top coats, and wears well for a good 4 days on me (I use my hands a lot, in & out of water, but I keep them quite short). The bottle is easy to hold and the brush is very nice... Only improvement I would make is for the bristles to be a tad bit shorter. Highly recommend!

About reviewer (300 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

A very warm pink-red, more pinky than it photos imo. The colour of cherries!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

Very cool toned raspberry magenta red, glossy opaque creme with no shimmer or glitter. Typical Revlon quality formula and decent brush, doesn't get gluggy over time. Quite a pretty colour and different to the deeper reds, bordeauxs, microshimmmers etc in my collection. Nice on toenails or fingernails. I wouldn't buy it again as I have plenty of various reds to choose from, others I'd prefer to try, and I find this shade a bit safe/boring now. Very easy to wear, doesn't scream red, work appropriate. But it is still a nice one and wears OK.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium