Lancome Tonique Douceur

Lancome Tonique Douceur

4.1

Aqua/water.Glycerin.Rosa centifolia/cabbage rose water.Sodium citrate.Peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil.Chlorphenesin.Sambucus nigra/sambucus nigra extract.Propylparaben.Methylparaben.Tetrasodium edta.Hexylene glycol.Parfum/fragrance.Ci 42090/fd & c blue no.1.ci 14700/fd & c red no.4

on 5/3/2016 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a beautiful alcohol free toner for sensitive skin. It has improved my dry skin without stripping it. It also lasts forever as you only need the smallest bit!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Toner. Do we need it? I go back and forth on the answer to this. I've tried a lot over the years. I've often gone a long time without them. Many, even those claiming to be natural, alcohol-free or for sensitive skin, have irritated my sensitive skin. I first received this one as a sample, and I was wary of its fragrance, but I can never resist trying things despite the sometimes disastrous results. It impressed me because it's almost like a mini-moisturiser. It made my skin feel soft, hydrated and calm. I've since bought a big bottle. On fragrance, I am joining the Chandler Burr camp with regard to synthetics. They have been tested to death. I think they're far less likely to irritate than 'natural' fragrances where the quality and components of essential oils vary wildly. I mention this because before I recently had good luck with the highly scented and highly synthetic Lancome line, I tried an organic rose moisturiser that made my face burn burn burn! If you have sensitive skin, don't be put off by the smell of something in a product that doesn't claim to be natural/organic/holier than thou - get a sample, spot test it and see what happens.

To Read all 96 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/30/2016 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this toner. Have been using it on my oily skin for years along with the Lancome Galateis Doucour cleanser and it's brilliant. It's a lovely gentle toner and it leaves my skin feeling nice and hydrated.

on 10/14/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great alcohol free toner that feels soothing on the skin and does not irritate!

on 10/13/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my favorite toner. Best one I've used so far. I also prefer the Comfort one to use during the heavy winter months. The Tonique doucier is lighter and seems to work better during the rest of the year

on 7/12/2015 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This Toner came as a free product with Lancôme Perfum. I kept it aside for a few weeks & then I started using this last month. I have an incredibly abnormal oily skin & My face sweats a lot even in the AC room (may be due to hormonal problem). A beautician friend of mine suggested me to put a few camphor square or a pinch of camphor in the toner (any Alcohol free toner) & see how it works for oily skin. Camphor is always great for oily skin, no doubt about it. After I started using this toner with Camphor, it gives me a better & brighter & less oily face. It really works!

I would not re-buy the product as there are many new alcohol free toners in the market. Lets try some other brands!

on 6/1/2015 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This product has no alcohol (Yay!), and removes leftover makeup well. No sticky residue, face feels good. No adverse reactions.

I checked no for the rebuy, because I believe there are better products out there at more reasonable prices (like Clinique Mild toner). But toners with no alcohol that perform as well are actually few and far between, so there might be a rebuy with this.

on 2/26/2015 6:17:00 PM

I use this as my make up remover.

I've had this in my cabinet for so long and didn't know what to do with it.
Instead of buying miscellar water, I just use this to remove all my make up
since it's alcohol free.

Guess what?! It is effective!!

on 11/2/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I received a 50ml sample of this when purchasing some Lancome make up. I'vet been using a make up wipe and then Lancome Galateis Douceur, followed by La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel, Lancome Tonique Douceur toner and then my moisturiser and eye cream. I realise this sounds like a lengthy routine but I use Double Wear Light foundation which is a pain to properly remove! I find that even when I miss out washing my face with the La Roche Posay gel, my skin is still thoroughly cleansed.

I have incredibly oily skin which is actually caused by it being dehydrated. The toner is alcohol free which is an absolute godsend! I find that most toners contain alcohol which strips my skin, causing it to over compensate and become super oily. The toner is light and leaves my skin feeling hydrated, soft and glowing. It has a very slight scent but this doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The strong fragrance in Lancome serums and moisturisers makes me break out with those horribly painful under-the-skin spots. In fact, this happens with lots of products and I was pleasantly surprised when my skins behaved after four weeks of using this!

My sample is coming to an end after four weeks of use so today I bought a full size one. At £22 for 200ml i do think it's overpriced but I did still (begrudgingly) hand over my money! I'm expecting the 200ml to last well over 3 months.

This toner came as a gift with purchase, and I was pleasantly surprised.
I have a toner wardrobe- this one was used on days when I didn't feel like an acid toner, or when my skin felt oilier or tough. It is very mild and not at all irritating. It is like a comfortable nondescript garment that one is pleased to have for a pleasant stroll.

I don't know why it needs to be blue- is it to inspire me to find my inner Smurfette?
The fragrance is a classical ubiquitous 'skin care product scent' that reminds me of ladies of my mother's vintage. huh. I don't know if thats a good thing.

The reason I have not re purchased, is because there are so many new toners and skin softeners available that utilize far more interesting ingredients and science.