Neutrogena Shimmer Sheers in Mesmerized

No Image

4.3

Isododecane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Microcrystalline Wax, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Carmine.

on 6/5/2007 11:47:00 AM

I got this in mesmerized, but unlike several of the previous reviews, mine is golden yellow, not a hint of pink or peach...that's weird. Anyhow, this is a very fine shimmer that manages to be shiny without being glittery. I have not tried it as an eyeshadow, but it adds a very nice glow at the top of the cheekbone or under the brow. I rated this product as 'inexpensive', as it is on clearance at Walgreens for half price. I think it is being discontinued which is a shame because it is a good product if you want a bit of 'glow' without chunks of sparkle.

I usually love frosty pink colors. I'm just drawn to them. This looks so gorgeous in the package, but it's just too shimmery to use on my lips. It looks horrible on them. It looks fair enough on my eyes and cheeks, but I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this to brighten my eyes by dabbing a little on the inner corners of my eyes and I also use it on my lips. Put clear lip gloss on, then add some of the shimmer, and put more gloss on top.

I don't recomment putting it on cheecks...it is very hard to blend and make it look natural.

Also, a little takes you a long way...I've been having this one tupe for at least a year.

I bought Neutrogena Shimmer sheers in "Mesmerized" and it worked OK on my eyelids just like any other cream eyeshadow would. I don't get any creasing or fading and it blends well. The color is too shimmery and white to put on my cheeks and it looks really bad on the lips. So, it's pretty much just an bright shimmery eyeshadow and for the price i don't think it's worth it and i wouldn't buy it again.

on 3/18/2006 10:44:00 AM

While this product is advertised as a cheek, lip, eye shimmer, I only use it on my eyes. I use it on those low-key makeup days when you just want a hint of color, but nothing too much. I like it a lot, but I don't really see how it could work well on cheeks and lips. If you're just looking for a cream eye shimmer, this will be great for you, but as a blush or lip color, don't buy it.

on 2/1/2006 3:50:00 PM

when you have WnW around...i dont see why i would buy these. i got it as a gift and it is nice...doesnt crease, sheer, shimmery light pink. i like it as an ES...it is barely lighter than my light golden skin (about NC25). but again, when there is $3 WnW around, i wouldn't buy this for $9.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am crazy about highlighter that leaves shimmering effect.
this is the best stuff I found among drugstore brand.
if u use it well, (I only use it on my inner corner of eye lids) its great stuff to have. however, my HG highlighter is KIKO cream eyeshadow from italy..

this stuff is awesome. i use it as eye shadow or as a highlighter under the brow and it works wonderfully (and is so pretty!). i have to agree with the reviewer before me who said that a little goes a long way. and this stuff blends like a dream! :o)

on 10/22/2004 6:51:00 PM

This stuff is great! A little goes a long way. I bought the tube about 9 months ago and there is still more than half in the tube, and I use it everyday. The pale pink works great on cheeks and under brow-bone. Not so much on lips, but its definately worth it. If I don't have much time to do makeup in the morning, I use mascara and this.

I just bought my very first Shimmer Sheers in Mesmerized. The color is best described as porcelain pink-peach. It's a very pale dewy pink with just the tiniest amount of fleshtone-peach mixed in to make it completely wearable. Shimmer sheers come in a small tube, similar to a juicy tube. The round cap twists off to reveal a narrow nose applicator (think Neosporin). When you squeeze the tube a refined amount of product dispenses w/o leaving a mess. I was very impressed with the packaging on this one. The consistency is kinda whipped and creamy at first, but then it transforms into a velvety powder finish. It blends beautifully and has lovely fine-milled shimmer to create an absolutely angelic glow. There is no glitter or too obvious shimmer either. I applied it to my eyelids all the way up to the brow bone. I would like to make a suggestion. Don't apply from lid to brow bone, it looks too disco queen. I would suggest just applying to your brow-bone to highlight or just applying to the lid and using a more matte flesh color on the brow bone. It makes for a lovely contrast and really helps to make your eyes pop. I also tried dotting it on the apples of my cheeks and it lent a dewy luminescence to my skin. The shimmer sheers really do give you that etheral glow. I would not use this color on my lips by itself..maybe you could dab it in the center of another lipstick/lipgloss. But it works lovely on eyes and cheeks. It's about $8 for a small tube but a little really does go a long way so it will take forever to use this up. I have tried countless hightlighters..even High Beam by BeneFit..and i think this is much much easier to work with and really looks very lovely. Go on and try it!