Smashbox Crease #15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Smashbox Crease #15

4.5

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

You cant go wrong with smashbox brushes. they are great quality. ive had this one for a year and there hasnt been any shedding it still works perfectly and still looks new! I think their brushes are so underrated! theyre much better then mac!!!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Smashbox brushes are awesome, and this is one of my favorites to use in the crease. You can get a really defined look without looking heavy, or build up the intensity of the shadow with this brush, making it look very professional. Their hair is very good too. I think they farm their own animals and use their hair in a way that is not harmful to the animal, so that gives you peace of mind that an animal is not being hurt for the sake of a brush!

on 10/22/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never realized what a difference a good makeup brush could make! Eyeshadows -- especially in the crease -- never seemed to go on well so I "researched" brushes and after reading the reviews here, decided to take a chance and spend the big bucks. It was well worth it! It's very soft and is great for applying and blending eyeshadow. I've since bought other Smashbox brushes and am equally as happy with them.

on 5/5/2010 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was expecting more from this brush. Looking at reviews and touching at sephora, I really thought I would like this brush. But the size of the brush was too big for my Asian Eyes, I do have the folds so they are not that small. The bristles were also a little pokey can the ends. Overall, I think this is only an average brush, and I would probably like it more if it was more flexible or a tad smaller. (the MAC 219 is way too small). I still say that Kevyn Aucion makes the best crease brush, but never owned the Chanel or Laura Mercier.

This is the perfect MU brush for small eyes. It is so annoying when you buy expensive makeup & try to do different looks when your eye brushes are too big for your small eyes.
I'm Japanese & have small monolid hooded eyes. It is next to impossible to get a good "V" using other brushes.
The size of this brush is so perfect. I would buy this over & over again!

on 9/10/2009 11:50:00 AM

I haven't ventured into eyeshadows because I've been made up before and for some reason alot MAs thinks that gold and glittery look good on me. Well, it doesn't. It makes me look like I'm ready to work the street! Ack! While, I've read books on how to place shadows on your eyes, I just been too freak to try any color on. So, needless to say that I don't use this brush for the crease. But, I do have two of them. They came in Smashbox kits. I do love the brush and use it to smudge creamy liner under the eyes that came with the sets. It's great for that purpose. Maybe someday, I'll get over the trauma that other MAs have bestow upon me and try muted colors...baby steps.

on 6/19/2009 2:49:00 AM

DEFINITELY a good brush. I purchased this a few weeks ago & I keep using it everyday. It's just terrific!

on 6/18/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite crease brush. It's in my Top 5 Best Brushes Ever. First of all, I love Smashbox brushes in general. I love everything about them. Smashbox doesn't get super specialized with their brushes the way MAC does but Smashbox brushes are the best for any basic brush collection. I especially love the size and shape of the handles. My personal preference is for a longer handle like the Smashbox brushes but this is wat makes the Smashbox brushes so fabulous: the handle is slighter thicker in the middle right where you grip! Just slightly thicker and the bottom of the brush is tapered a little but not annoyingly tapered like the Sephora platinum brushes. Those things are so damn hard to hold it's ridiculous.

Anyway, the #15 crease brush is my favorite out of all the crease brushes I've ever tried and the other fabulous ones I own because it's perfect for me. I prefer a stiffer crease brush with a shape. I don't like the pointy crease brushes and soft crease brushes that bend easily don't work with my eye shape. I need a little more control. This crease brush is also great rfor smudging shadow along the lash line or in the corner and outter V. I'm glad another reviewer mentioned that this brush has a similar shape to MAC's Pencil Brush, which I also love. After I bought the Pencil Brush, I realized it was like a smaller, softer version of my beloved #15 in white goat hair form. That said, keep in mind that this is not a dupe of the MAC brush. If you're looking for smudge brush for the lash line, definitely go with the MAC.

Oh, and did I mention how much I love the sexy red handle of Smashbox brushes? I own 8 Smashbox brushes and none have ever let me down except for the concealer brush that went funky but that's another review and it was really my own fault.

on 3/20/2009 9:16:00 AM

This is a good crease brush. It does the job well but it is not so soft. I wouldn't buy again becauase I prefer LM crease brush much more.

on 10/16/2007 10:26:00 PM

seriously after reading all these high-rating reviews and writing my review, i feel that i must've gotten a defective brush or something, because i honestly do not find this brush soft but prickly. The brush does feeel soft when it hits your lid, but when you actually try to swirl and blend eyeshadows or move it back and forth on your crease, it's so prickly!! Not to mention how big the brittles are