Smashbox Crease #15

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Smashbox Crease #15

4.8

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I know this is a crease brush, but I hardly ever define my crease when I do makeup. I had this brush since forever, and I just forgot about it, I never really found much use for it till now.
I always highlight my inner corner and I never really found a brush or anything that can apply shadows in that area neatly enough. Just a few weeks ago I pulled this brush out of my "forgot stash" and used it to highlight my inner corner and I was soo amazed!
I can't understand why I didn't see this before? It is a small dense and tapered brush, with a tip that's round, and not pointy like the Sigma one. It's just like dipping a soft pencil into your shadows and drawing neatly around the rims of your eyes on the inner corner.

on 11/3/2010 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This brush does pick up color well & is dense but I wouldn't say it's soft. Sometimes the bristles poke you & hurt, I haven't had any other brush do that, no matter what angle I'm using the brush. Only reason why I actually got it was because I have all the other Smashbox brushes but will not repurchase.

on 6/18/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite crease brush. It's in my Top 5 Best Brushes Ever. First of all, I love Smashbox brushes in general. I love everything about them. Smashbox doesn't get super specialized with their brushes the way MAC does but Smashbox brushes are the best for any basic brush collection. I especially love the size and shape of the handles. My personal preference is for a longer handle like the Smashbox brushes but this is wat makes the Smashbox brushes so fabulous: the handle is slighter thicker in the middle right where you grip! Just slightly thicker and the bottom of the brush is tapered a little but not annoyingly tapered like the Sephora platinum brushes. Those things are so damn hard to hold it's ridiculous.

Anyway, the #15 crease brush is my favorite out of all the crease brushes I've ever tried and the other fabulous ones I own because it's perfect for me. I prefer a stiffer crease brush with a shape. I don't like the pointy crease brushes and soft crease brushes that bend easily don't work with my eye shape. I need a little more control. This crease brush is also great rfor smudging shadow along the lash line or in the corner and outter V. I'm glad another reviewer mentioned that this brush has a similar shape to MAC's Pencil Brush, which I also love. After I bought the Pencil Brush, I realized it was like a smaller, softer version of my beloved #15 in white goat hair form. That said, keep in mind that this is not a dupe of the MAC brush. If you're looking for smudge brush for the lash line, definitely go with the MAC.

Oh, and did I mention how much I love the sexy red handle of Smashbox brushes? I own 8 Smashbox brushes and none have ever let me down except for the concealer brush that went funky but that's another review and it was really my own fault.

Price: $37.00 (CDN)

I love this brush! In shape it is similar to the MAC 219 pencil brush, but the head is larger and this brush is made of squirrel hair. It is very soft, dense and well-tapered. I use it for packing in colors on the inner corner of my eyes, sheer washes all over the lid and applying a brow highlight. I really love Smashboxs brushes they are very high quality and finely crafted!

Popular Makeup Brushes