Smashbox Crease #15

4.6

on 11/20/2013 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I just have to rant about how very much more expensive this is in Canada than in the US. I think it's 23 or 24 dollars in the States and I paid $38 for it here in Canada last week. Does that not seem like highway robbery to you?

Having said that, I had to have this brush. Just looking at it, I had a pretty good idea that would be a super brush. Now that I've bought and used it, I would not be without this brush. Contrary to what it says at the top of this review, this is NOT called the "crease" brush (that has a different number and is fluffier). The #15 is called a "detailer" and that is really what it is. It works perfectly for depositing colour in the crease and blending it beautifully. It's also great for deepening/darkening the outer lid or outer V. And what a great brush for doing a subtle true smokey eye (where heavier shadow is deposited on the "mobile lid" close to the lashes and then gradually "smoked out" to almost nothing) - it's amazing how beautifully and easily you can get rich, deep colour at the base of the lashes using this.

I love this brush so much that I'm planning to get another one using my points when Shopper's Drug Mart has their next bonus point redemption at the end of November! This brush is right up there with the MAC 239 and 217 as a "must have" brush.

Update (Dec. 1, 2013): As planned, I went back and got another one of these yesterday because I love this brush so much. I probably don't really need a 2nd one (unlike a MAC 239, 217 or 224) since it's a fairly specific brush that I use with darker shades but still, it is such an outstanding brush and I got to buy it with my points which always helps me give in to temptation!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

You cant go wrong with smashbox brushes. they are great quality. ive had this one for a year and there hasnt been any shedding it still works perfectly and still looks new! I think their brushes are so underrated! theyre much better then mac!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I know this is a crease brush, but I hardly ever define my crease when I do makeup. I had this brush since forever, and I just forgot about it, I never really found much use for it till now.
I always highlight my inner corner and I never really found a brush or anything that can apply shadows in that area neatly enough. Just a few weeks ago I pulled this brush out of my "forgot stash" and used it to highlight my inner corner and I was soo amazed!
I can't understand why I didn't see this before? It is a small dense and tapered brush, with a tip that's round, and not pointy like the Sigma one. It's just like dipping a soft pencil into your shadows and drawing neatly around the rims of your eyes on the inner corner.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Smashbox brushes are awesome, and this is one of my favorites to use in the crease. You can get a really defined look without looking heavy, or build up the intensity of the shadow with this brush, making it look very professional. Their hair is very good too. I think they farm their own animals and use their hair in a way that is not harmful to the animal, so that gives you peace of mind that an animal is not being hurt for the sake of a brush!

on 10/22/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never realized what a difference a good makeup brush could make! Eyeshadows -- especially in the crease -- never seemed to go on well so I "researched" brushes and after reading the reviews here, decided to take a chance and spend the big bucks. It was well worth it! It's very soft and is great for applying and blending eyeshadow. I've since bought other Smashbox brushes and am equally as happy with them.

on 7/13/2010 11:20:00 AM

Great brush. It's perfect for my crease and outer V, and it's great for blending. It's stiff enough to apply color precisely but soft enough to blend well. Can also be used with Smashbox's waterproof shadow liners around the rims of the eye.

This is the perfect MU brush for small eyes. It is so annoying when you buy expensive makeup & try to do different looks when your eye brushes are too big for your small eyes.
I'm Japanese & have small monolid hooded eyes. It is next to impossible to get a good "V" using other brushes.
The size of this brush is so perfect. I would buy this over & over again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this brush. It's a perfect crease brush for my small eyes and blends out color very well. It's a little pricey, but worth the money!

on 6/19/2009 2:49:00 AM

DEFINITELY a good brush. I purchased this a few weeks ago & I keep using it everyday. It's just terrific!

on 6/18/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite crease brush. It's in my Top 5 Best Brushes Ever. First of all, I love Smashbox brushes in general. I love everything about them. Smashbox doesn't get super specialized with their brushes the way MAC does but Smashbox brushes are the best for any basic brush collection. I especially love the size and shape of the handles. My personal preference is for a longer handle like the Smashbox brushes but this is wat makes the Smashbox brushes so fabulous: the handle is slighter thicker in the middle right where you grip! Just slightly thicker and the bottom of the brush is tapered a little but not annoyingly tapered like the Sephora platinum brushes. Those things are so damn hard to hold it's ridiculous.

Anyway, the #15 crease brush is my favorite out of all the crease brushes I've ever tried and the other fabulous ones I own because it's perfect for me. I prefer a stiffer crease brush with a shape. I don't like the pointy crease brushes and soft crease brushes that bend easily don't work with my eye shape. I need a little more control. This crease brush is also great rfor smudging shadow along the lash line or in the corner and outter V. I'm glad another reviewer mentioned that this brush has a similar shape to MAC's Pencil Brush, which I also love. After I bought the Pencil Brush, I realized it was like a smaller, softer version of my beloved #15 in white goat hair form. That said, keep in mind that this is not a dupe of the MAC brush. If you're looking for smudge brush for the lash line, definitely go with the MAC.

Oh, and did I mention how much I love the sexy red handle of Smashbox brushes? I own 8 Smashbox brushes and none have ever let me down except for the concealer brush that went funky but that's another review and it was really my own fault.