Smashbox Crease #15

Smashbox Crease #15

on 11/20/2013 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I just have to rant about how very much more expensive this is in Canada than in the US. I think it's 23 or 24 dollars in the States and I paid $38 for it here in Canada last week. Does that not seem like highway robbery to you?

Having said that, I had to have this brush. Just looking at it, I had a pretty good idea that would be a super brush. Now that I've bought and used it, I would not be without this brush. Contrary to what it says at the top of this review, this is NOT called the "crease" brush (that has a different number and is fluffier). The #15 is called a "detailer" and that is really what it is. It works perfectly for depositing colour in the crease and blending it beautifully. It's also great for deepening/darkening the outer lid or outer V. And what a great brush for doing a subtle true smokey eye (where heavier shadow is deposited on the "mobile lid" close to the lashes and then gradually "smoked out" to almost nothing) - it's amazing how beautifully and easily you can get rich, deep colour at the base of the lashes using this.

I love this brush so much that I'm planning to get another one using my points when Shopper's Drug Mart has their next bonus point redemption at the end of November! This brush is right up there with the MAC 239 and 217 as a "must have" brush.

Update (Dec. 1, 2013): As planned, I went back and got another one of these yesterday because I love this brush so much. I probably don't really need a 2nd one (unlike a MAC 239, 217 or 224) since it's a fairly specific brush that I use with darker shades but still, it is such an outstanding brush and I got to buy it with my points which always helps me give in to temptation!

on 10/22/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never realized what a difference a good makeup brush could make! Eyeshadows -- especially in the crease -- never seemed to go on well so I "researched" brushes and after reading the reviews here, decided to take a chance and spend the big bucks. It was well worth it! It's very soft and is great for applying and blending eyeshadow. I've since bought other Smashbox brushes and am equally as happy with them.

on 9/12/2004 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

bought this brush a while ago and am thrilled with its quality. It has the perfect balance of stiffness and flexibility to apply a good line into the crease. *BUT* then I use Bobbi Brown's Eye Contour Brush to do the blending afterwards. You see, as your eyes age (they do) the upper part of your lid eventually moves downwards and it's hard to get shadow into the crease without getting it everywhere else. It's also hard to blend once you do manage to get the shadow applied; gone are the days when I can use a pointed end brush to blend shadow in the crease. So ... I use my Smashbox to get shadow into the crease and especially if I want a finer line as the crease moves towards the nose ... then use the Bobbi Brown brush to blend blend blend. It's all in having the right tool for the job ... jobs (in my case). I love this brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes