Artistry Eye Colour

Artistry Eye Colour

3.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

You definitely have to prime your lids with this shadow because I find it creases more than my other shadows. I like the amount of pigment and they go on smooth. I just wish they were less expensive.

on 12/21/2009 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was a bit worried trying this after my unsuccessfull attempt with artistry blush. However....I tried one in sunburst 623, and I love it!!

It's a beautiful metallic golden brown that is finely milled so resulted in smooth application and easy to blend color and most importantly, the color pop on my dark skin! And it stays on my oily lid for a a long time (of course, with primer first). plus it doesn't crease. love this. Have to say that this shows as a natural color, so would be great for everyday use. Have to took out one lippie because of the packaging though..

all in all, love their eyeshadow, will buy another color for sure!

Update : will not buy artistry eyeshadow again. Tried several times as a test, one eye with artistry shadow and the other with nyx pigment (I know, crazy :)) and within 2 hours artistry shadow has gone off my lids - no colors left whatsoever!and the nyx pigment stays- fyi I have oily lids and live in tropical country...so easily summarized, will not buy artistry shadows again, for a fraction of the price, nyx piggies has beat artistry in terms of staying power and pigmentation (besides, artistry have limited color selection, boring..)

on 4/22/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Getting a separate compact is a good feature, IMO. I don't have to buy a new one case each time the old color is exhausted, and I'm not stuck with a bunch of colors included but that I didn't select.
With the four-pan slots, I can install 2 eyeshadows and one blush, or 4 shadows.
The most recent cases are matte black with thin gold line. Mirror is high-quality.
Color seems to stay o.k. on my eyes.

on 1/11/2009 9:52:00 PM

i found its eye shadows very very powdery. and the colour pay off is also not that great.

on 9/5/2008 6:07:00 AM

I was given a whole pallet of these from someone who got them from some promotion, it has 16 eyeshadows and 4 blushes. the quality is ok but not great, some of the colours are nice, I like wedgewood and box office gold, but i took a lipstick of for their not having great staying power. i dont like the way they are presented they are all sold individually then you have to buy a case, the one i have loos super cheap, i took two lippies of for this, The other lippie I took of is becaus these are AMWAY and I dont like pyramid scheams! I would not buy these!

on 6/26/2008 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I thought the eyeshadows from artistry were ok. There are really good ones and ones that tank, miserbly. They go on silky smooth but they flake alot (luckily I put powder on my cheeks while I apply eyeshadow and wipe out the mess when I'm done). They updated the eyeshadows now so maybe they are better (the ones I have are from 2001).

on 1/10/2008 7:08:00 AM

Again, like Mary Kay, an "abnormal" shape, a rectangle (new version is more of a square). So, you have to buy their compact. Good color selection, from neutrals to color-Rose Quartz, Sapphire, Steel.

on 3/22/2007 4:12:00 PM

After trying a couple of different colors , I am not impressed. Does not last all day and creases. Also it not a finely milled and so application is hard and does not blend well. I also do not like that you have to purchase the compact separetly. Waste of money.

Alright, since my last review on this product I got the Artistry Colour Concept Eye Shimmer Gilded for Christmas. This is one of the three Fall 2005 color combinations. Gilded has a green color, blue color, and yellow for the back color. They go on nicely. I only wish they came with an applicator as I now have to either buy a new one or use an old one.

But the colors are so nice, that I decided to try the Colour Concept Eye Shimmer Ladylike. These may be too soft for me, but I've been needed some softer colors. The back color is white, followed by kind of a pinkish brown and then a light brown. On the website they looked darker but it does make for a nice subtle look.

I have bought Truffle and Fawn and I also just recently bought the Arrant, Fled Duo from their new line Never Accept Ordinary. If you want shimmery, bright colors then NAO is definitely what you should try. I actually put a grayish eyeshadow over the NAO brilliant green (Fled) to make it stand out a little less (unless I go to a party, but I'm not much for going out). All in all, I love the eyeshadow.