BeneFit Cosmetics Dear John - a Movin' On Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]

BeneFit Cosmetics Dear John - a Movin' On Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]
Dear John - a Movin' On Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Water (Aqua); Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil; C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Glyceryl Stearate; Cetyl Alcohol; Glycerin; PEG-40 Stearate; Cyclopentasiloxane; Cetearyl Alcohol; Tocopheryl Acetate; Phenoxyethanol; Octyldodecanol; Chlorphenesin; Methylparaben; Panthenol; Sodium PCA; Cyclohexasiloxane; Propylparaben; Fragrance (Parfum); Butylparaben; Ethylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Sodium Hyaluronate; Linalool; Butylene Glycol; Propylene Glycol; Butylphenyl Methylpropional; Citric Acid; Althaea Officinalis Root Extract; Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract; Citronellol; Hexyl Cinnamal; Geraniol; Sodium Hydroxide

on 2/17/2012 11:12:00 AM

I have combination skin and in summer the T-zone is pretty oily but this winter this has saved my skin. It sinks in really fast (even the oilier parts) does not create more oiliness and it feels really soft. My skin is more luminous because of it (tone I mean not shimmer) and foundation lasts. It hasn't created any blackheads even if does it contain oil. However I think this is discontinued and Benefit has replaced with something called differently (a name containing moisture). Too bad, it's a nice cream and it reminds me of Clinique's DDML only with better results and with less oiliness on the problematic areas.

on 11/3/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got this last winter and have changed to other product for summer time so still have slightly under half a jar for this winter. Since the weather has turned cold, my face had a major breakout, i then started using this again, i applied this straight after washing my face with clinique's 7day scrub cream + clarifying lotion, and my skin feels soft after 1week or so using this skin care routine! Surprise, surprise! But i havent seen this in store lately, and couldnt find it on benefit's website, wonder if it got discontinued?

on 2/24/2011 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bough this mostly to hydrate my skin because i have dry skin and my skin peals at times. I try to use this everyday but i tend to forget, i mostly use it when i notice my skin getting dryer then usual just so i can prevent any pealing or beyond dry skin. The thing i hate about it is that it makes my skin appear oily, so i only use at night cause i don't want to have shine in my face.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OH MY GOSH! This is seriously the best moisturizer i have EVER used. Upon application it left my skin super soft. Although it appears to be a thick cream in the container, it actually absorbs instantly and does not leave a greasy residue. It is just l-u-x-u-r-i-o-u-s. This is coming from someone who strays from any moisturizer as they all break me out. I mean usually all i can use is a dove bar, but i have found the answer to my moisturizing problems :D. It is expensive ($40 CAD) but honestly worth it.

P.s. i have used clinique's DDMG and it i had a horrible experience with it....plus it was not moisturizing enough

on 12/27/2010 3:32:00 PM

The best moisturiser I have used, and I've used a few! Although,in my opinion, it is expensive, a little goes a long way so it's worth it. I bought my pot over a couple of months ago now and I've got over half the pot left. It's great for when I come out the shower and my skin is really tight as I have sensitive skin and it sinks in pretty quick too and doesn't leave a film on top of your skin or that nasty greasy feeling. I put it on about 15 minutes before I do my MU. Its not too thick or thin a consistency and has a neutral smell. When I eventually run out I will definitely be buying this again. I also love the packaging and the little Dear John note inside...genius :)

on 11/15/2010 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination/normal skin and this works great with my skin although I have to say my skin is not sensitive at all. This moisturizer works good I like it specially during the winter where my skin tends to be a little bit more dry. The only reason I took a lippie off was because of the price, I think that there is a lot more affordable options out there that would work just as great as Dear John, maybe I will re-purchase if I have the extra cash.

on 8/23/2010 4:17:00 PM

This stuff is great. I have combination oily/normal skin, and I have never been able to find a moisturizer that didn't break my skin out even further. Enter Dear John. It keeps my skin nice and moisturized, from the winter when I slather it on religiously to prevent dry skin, to the summer, where I might skip a day if it's a hot day and my skin is greasy no matter what I do. And it never causes extra breakouts. I'll definitely keep using this. I wish they had an anti-aging formula, but this is great! I've been using the same pot since February and still haven't run out, even though I hit the bottom of the pot last month, it just keeps coming!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'll start out by giving you a little background on my skin. My skin is pretty clear with the occasional breakout due to hormones. Also, because I'm half mexican and half white I have some discoloration on my cheeks.
I began using Neutrogena's Grapefruit Acne Scrub daily and it really cleared up any acne I was having. However, it completely dried out my skin. I began using Clean N Clear's Moisturizer and it did absolutely nothing for me except feel greasy on my skin. I gave up on that moisturizer and eventually snuck into my mom's room and began using her Olay Regenerist. It really worked and cleared up all my dry spots! But, my mother found out and told me to buy my own. :) I hadn't set my heart on the Olay moisturizer simply because I felt like I didn't need everything that it had to offer. I just wanted a moisturizer. I went to Sephora and picked up Dear John after hearing decent things about it and I love it! It's really rich so I use it every evening after taking off my makeup and washing my face with Neutrogena makeup removers. My skin just drinks it up and it feels cool and refreshing. It does have a sunscreen-like smell but I don't mind at all. I find it kind of pleasant. It's not 5 lippies because I don't feel like its HG material but it is definitely worth checking out.

Straight-up moisture: no treatments, no sunscreen. It seems to have pretty good staying power, a plus in cold/dry weather. Despite the light, fresh almost non-smell, I think this is actually pretty heavily fragranced (although MUCH less so than the Olay I was using previously). This might be an issue for anyone with super-sensitive skin.

A very rich cream, this is not quickly absorbed but rather leaves a light, protective barrier. I can see how this might be too thick/filmy for oilier skins or in humid weather, but for dry skin (esp overnight) I like the richness. During Summer months I'll probably use as an eye cream or only at night.

At $32 for 2 oz, it's a decent value vs other dept store creams. A little goes a long way. Packaging is typical BeneFit--- kitchy rather than elegant. Heavy glass jar is cumbersome.

on 1/19/2010 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love the name of this cream. It is a good moisturizer and works. The only problem is there are so much more better options out there for cheaper and that smell better. It sometimes does feel a little heavy and doesn't seem to completely absorb into the skin.