Demeter Patchouli

No Image

3.0

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Firstly let me praise FRAGRANCEX . They got my patchouli and funeral home to me in the UK in four days. I will always use them for Demeter from now on and I got a free gift. All this for just over £45.00. Demeter fragrances seem to work well with my skin chemistry better even than expensive brands do. I always buy 120mls. Obviously so much better value. Im an old hippy and back in the day wore undiluted patchouli essential oil ( I know ! ). This offering from Demeter is just diluted patch oil which for me is perfect. Its sensual, warm and lasting. Spot on. 8 can totally understand why its in the top ten of Demeter best sellers.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

If you actually buy this, one can safely assume that you're into patchouli. One does not buy something patchouli scented without liking patchouli. So there's that.

I bought this untested, in a Demeter gift set. As it has come to pass I have been disappointed with 98% of everything Demeter I have tried. Mostly because the lasting power of their fragrances is literally 3 minutes.

This one is awful. Somebody else noticed the medicinal element of this scent and that definitely is the vibe I get from it too. It is sharp and off putting and all around as unattractive of a scent as they come. A good patchouli scent should have an earthy warmth to it. Thank goodness that it only has the typical lasting power of Demeter scents I am used to.

on 4/8/2008 9:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Strong & pungent, this smells EXACTLY like the patchouli essential oil I've used in the past. I HATE patchouli but I'm giving this 5 lippies because IMO it is a dead on interpretation of the real thing.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I purchased the 1 oz. EDT Spray of Demeter's Patchouli from QVC for 20.00 and am suprisingly pleased! This is a gorgeous patchouli that is not overwhelming.

I had to give up on Aromatics Elixer because it just grew too strong for me over the years, so I especially glad to have found Demeter's Patchouli!

I am a big patchouli fan...but this particular scent is a bust for me. It's just too...loud. Not natural enough.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Somehow this cologne captures only the medicinal, antiseptic, menthol-y quality of patchouli with none of its softness or sensuality. It smells like some sort of sports balm or medicated tooth drops... or like that powdered sawdust that school custodians use when someone barfs. I like patchouli but this one is YUCCCHH.

on 9/10/2004 2:03:00 PM

This is the most horrendous patchouli perfume I have *ever* smelled. The person who blended this had to have had a headcold or something, because this smells absolutely *nothing* like patchouli, a scent I love dearly.

I wanted to like this and was very keen on trying it, but one sniff and I threw my sample in the trash. Absolutely ghastly.

on 10/18/2006 11:30:00 AM

How funny our reviews are so different. I just received it and in my opinion it smells beautiful and exactly like Patchouli. I love it.

I am only giving 4 lippies though because it's such a big bottle I will not need to ever purchase it again!

Popular Fragrances