Biore Triple Action Astringent

Triple Action Astringent

3.6

Active-2% Salicylic Acid

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for 13 years, ever since I had acne in middle school with braces I have been using this and this product is the reason my teenage acne disappeared, I have been using this ever since, in middle, hugh school and beyond. I have used this since 2004, the formula used to be better back then and the packaging was this long green bottle, the formula has changed and its not as good as I remember but I still use it everyday, I would not recommend this to people with dry skin because this has alcohol in it which is something to be avoided if you have dry skin, but seeing as how I've had oily skin for 13 years (I use to use oil blotting sheets all the time) I am okay with the alcohol content in this product. I used a different toner for a couple of years until they changed the formula and when that happened the product broke me out in red patches for about 10 months, I thought it was hormonal, I used everything I could find to get rid of the red patches including expensive samples from department store beauty counters and buying and returning expensive toners, I finally decided to go back to this product and found that it cleared my skin up immediately in one week, I guess I will be using this product for the next 80 years. I highly recommend this product for teenagers and people with oily skin this was a lifesaver in middle school

on 7/30/2014 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Not effective and very irritating. Whether you have dry/sensitive skin or oily/acne prone skin this is not a good toner. It burns and stings and later I had more oil on my oily areas and added dryness on my normal skin. The amount of alcohol in here is ridiculous.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this was an okay toner. i didnt really see any difference in my skin. i think the plain witch hazel is the best toner i have tried apart from the smell. this smells aswell especially in the bin. yuck.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

My biggest gripe with this toner is the smell, just something about it makes me want to gag. In addition this toner did not work well with me, it burned my skin and left my skin super dry.

Great! Love the new formula, it smells better and its not as strong so it's not as harsh and drying as the old formula in the light green bottle. I have nothing bad to say about biore products except they seem to have stopped making lotions which sucks. Anyways this astringent is fresh, it has alcohol and possibly witch hazel in it which makes it great for tightening those pores and getting rid of acne. I love this product Ive literally been using it for years. Only complaint about new bottle, the way the bottle or cap is made Im not sure which is the problem but no matter how you tip it into the palm of your hand the product leaks all down the cap and down the side of the bottle, my friend thinks Biore did that on purpose to make people waste more product which would make people need to buy more astringent sooner rather than later but maybe its just an honest mistake.. so use a cotton ball or if you prefer to put on astringent with your hands put some of this into another squeeze bottle that doesn't leak and spill so you don't waste product.

on 2/7/2013 5:59:00 AM

I love this astringent. It helped get rid of acne I was getting on my chin and my skin felt very clean after using this. It has a menthol feeling to it and also contains alcohol so it may be a little harsh for some people, but I didn't find that and I have extremely sensitive skin, although I do use a thick moisturizer after using this. I highly recommend it for anyone with acne or the occasional pimple. I don't think I've had one pimple since I started using this!

on 1/13/2013 11:17:00 AM

This is a review for the Biore Blemish Fighting astringent and this is an EXCELLENT toner/astringent. It thoroughly cleans your face, taking off all the gunk, oil residue, dirt, etc. The salicylic acid in it helps clear your face, stop pimples and just all-around CLEAN your pores. My skin always feels very clean after using this. I've tried other toners out there, but Biore is the only one that does a good job in cleaning the pores.
I have combination/oily skin and this NEVER dries me out. And it helps in reducing oil, my face is always shine-free/oil-free after using it. For the first week of use, it will sting a little bit, because your pores are reacting to it initially. The price is also very doable, available for under 10 bucks.

on 8/13/2012 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this for the occasional pimple as it has salicylic acid, but it is just too harsh for my sensitive skin. It burns a little when I first put it on and dries out my skin. I think I will try something different next time (I LOVE Clinique toner, but it's expensive).

on 8/7/2012 10:14:00 AM

First time I had used this, I hated it. It really dried up my face! I had to apply night cream on, twice. The next day I broke out. So I left it until the break outs went away and gave it another go. Luckily I did because it has definitely helped keep my breakouts at bay. I have been using this for a month now, once a day (sometimes I miss days cause I'm not home). The only other thing I have changed in my routine is drinking more water. This could be why but I still believe that this toner has helped. I didn't use it for 5 days and I got a pimple on my chin. First big blemish since I have used it! I can't compare this toner to others unfortunately but give it a go if you're looking or one. It's inexpensive.

on 7/30/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Biore has discontinued this product and it's now called the "Blemish Fighting Astringent". I've never used this product, but their new astringent is amazing! I use it along with their pore unclogging scrub and my skin feels so much better! It's smoother, less oily and my pore sizes have decreased. And most importantly, I have seen such improvement in my acne! A must buy for sure!