Fresh Sugar Face Polish with Strawberries

Fresh Sugar Face Polish with Strawberries

Sucrose, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candellila) Wax, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Water (Aqua), Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Sorbate, Citral, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Bht.

on 2/28/2017 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Fresh is an amazing line, but I think I can speak for most of us - can I seriously make this at home for $5?

So I wanted to love this scrub. It SMELLS SO GOOOOOD! I like the natural products used such as strawberries, brown sugar and honey. But it just doesn't rinse off well. Like there's a film that I keep trying to convince myself is moisturizing residue, but it's just straight up residue. There's so AHA/BHA , salicylic acid etc..that does any clinical exfoliating so it really doesn't do any thing serious to get a deep exfoliation. It's a naturally luxurious, gentle scrub that is very expensive. I probably won't repurchase. Sad face.

on 11/30/2016 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It first I was all like "oooh! this feels awesome and smells sooo good!' Then after rinsing, I was all like "um, I dunno abt this stuff"... Here's my issue with this product...

Although I tried this 4-5 times to give it a fair shake, I ended up returning this product. While I have numerous complaints about this mask, I would say the biggest issue is in its performance (or lack thereof). The scrub/exfoliating effect of the granules is mediocre at best, the waxy film left behind is horrible and difficult to wash off, and all that re-washing post mask totally negates any benefits this stuff claims to provide. And lemmie tell ya, the film is so annoying! It's not a beneficial moisturizing oil left behind either, it really is a heavy wax coating of funkiness that interferes with the penetration of other products (serums, lotions). No thanks, not for me.

The only pro at all for me was the smell - I am big on aromatherapeutic benefits when I pick spa treatments to add to my routine. However, a sweet brown sugar scent certainly does not warrant a $62.00 price tag. Please, I can mix up a honey brown sugar mask in my kitchen for pennies, a concoction mind you which is way more beneficial for the skin than this product is.

I highly recommend anyone interested in this product get a sample size before purchasing. IMO this product doesn't stand up to the hype.

on 8/6/2016 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good product for sensitive skin. Good if you have dry and sensitive skin. I don't think that it would be as nice if you have oily skin.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Very natural polish. Won't hurt skin if the massage is gentle.

On me, it's not as perfect as the reviews say. After using it, my skin keeps greasy. It's not the simple moisterized feel, but a bit greasy or oily that makes me wanna wipe it off all the time.

My skin is combination. I think for oily skin type, it feels more uncomfortable.

But I'd rather keep purchasing it when it runs out, as it is a product to keep there because you will always need it anyway.

on 4/17/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My combination skin will normally take a fair bit of abuse before showing any signs. Recently however, I had an at-home-peel incident (entirely my own fault) and my skin is very sensitive and prone to peeling and dry spots. So I went in store to check the rose range and honey face mask (both lovely) after reading lots of great reviews about them being gentle and effective. I received a generous sample of this from the SA but I was reluctant to try a scrub for fear that it would be too intense for my fragile skin. My skin is largely back to normal so I finally gave this a go and it was nice - I'd definitely use it again but I'm not feeling any need to rush out and buy a full jar of it either.

I used this on freshly washed damp skin and massaged in until all the granules disappeared. Then I left it to sit on the skin for 15 minutes before washing off. I found 'scrub' to be an over-statement of what this product does. There are tiny non-scratchy crystals suspended in a fairly thick jelly-like substance and despite using the whole sample (it could easily have stretched to 2 - 3 uses) all granules disappeared within 10 seconds of soft massage. It felt lovely on the skin and quite invigorating but not terribly scrubby. I really needn't have waited to use this product. I expect it is gentle enough for sensitive skin to use regularly. As a mask it sticks to the skin very well and didn't drip or slide or otherwise annoy me. I was able to rinse this off without needing a cloth which was nice and my skin felt refreshed and soft.

I was surprised by the smell - I expected it to smell sweet or sugary but it smells almost exactly like the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser with a touch more citrus. It is not anything to write home about but does smell pleasant and what you'd expect from a pricey natural led brand.

I notice a little more glow and plumpness after using this and absolutely no dry spots. For comparison I found this to be closest to the Ren Glycolactic but more plumping and less exfoliating. If you're frightened off by the word 'scrub' like I was, don't be, this is extremely gentle. But if you're looking for a good scrub/resurface treatment - I doubt this will do the job. Overall my skin looked nice afterwards and this was a lovely product to use but I didn't see any long-lasting results. This might be great to give skin a little pick-me-up right before a special occasion especially if you want to wear less foundation without looking wan. If you have the chance and are so inclined, I would definitely recommend trying it but it's not cheap and the results can definitely be duped so I wouldn't say its a must have item.

on 12/31/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This scrub was very average for me, but to be fair, it isn't right for my skin type (normal/ combo and at times acne prone). I used it several times, and although the scrubbing granules (sugar) seem large enough (in a yummy lemon and brown sugar scented paste), they all dissolve completely after barely rubbing my face. As a result, I didn't feel much exfoliation at all - just slimy oils left on my face, which is a feeling I can do without. I won't try this again, but if you have dry skin, ask for a free sample at Sephora.

on 7/7/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This scrub is...okay. It's not my favorite, but it also doesn't wreck my sensitive skin. It smells heavenly and feels great, but I've used better exfoliators that were more emollient than this one. A lot of people complain about the film this leaves behind, but my skin is so dry that it just sucks it right up...and I secretly love things that leave behind a layer because of this exact reason.

It's a good manual exfoliator but it just doesn't beat a homemade concoction of olive oil, sugar, ACV, and honey for unclogging and moisturizing simultaneously. As someone who despises do-it-yourself skincare and always gravitates toward luxurious packaging and scent a la Fresh, this is really saying something! I don't feel like the supposed "actives" in this scrub are worth the price or the trouble of leaving it on. Maybe if you left it on all night, but...I'd rather just use a concentrated vitamin C serum post-scrub.

Above all, though, I just think that my skin type is much more compatible with chemical exfoliation, and I will go back to my old standby scrub: Murad Age Reform AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser. It's still got the beads to make me feel like I'm actually doing something, and it leaves my face soft and hydrated.

The absolute best thing about this mask is that one tub lasts FOREVER. The jar seems small but a little goes a long way. It's worth the crazy price tag, as far as amount of product goes. I've been on the same tub for months (which is kind of a bummer because it's not my favorite, lol).

on 3/29/2014 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT!!! This scrub is fantastic. I have dry, sensitive skin and I find using the clarisonic type brushes to be a bit too harsh on my face so I decided to use this three times a week instead...I smush it on my face and let it sit for around ten minutes. Then I gently scrub and rinse it off. Smells sweet and lemony, is natural and does more than just a physical scrub. It is expensive but feels so luxurious. It's like a home spa experience. The jar is pretty and heavy and a little bit of product goes a very long way.

on 1/9/2014 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I agree this is the best exfoliator I have ever used. Maybe it's a bit soon to review after first time use of this product but I absolutely love how my skin feels afterwards.. so soft and moist. It has gentle scrub, I believe 3 times a week is safe to use. Price wise is reasonable, compare to what I used before, which is Tracie Martyn Enzyme Exfoliant. I loved that product but it's just too expensive for a smaller jar and turns out that Fresh gives me slightly better after-feel. A must-have, definitely!

on 10/6/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used this 3 times now and I absolutely love it! It is a gentle scrub, and does not tingle like some other scrubs I have used. However, I still love the way my face glows afterwards. I use it 3 times per week. I think it is gentle enough for everyday use. Love it!!!

Popular Scrubs