Aphogee Treatment

4.3

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I just recently went from a level 2 to a level 7-8 in hair shades and I can honestly say the condition the bleaching left my hair was terrifying. When wet it was gummy and clumpy, when dry it was breaking off when I ran my fingers through. I went to Sally's initially looking to buy the Ion's 2 step rapid repair packet, but Sally associates convinced me to try Aphogee's instead.

Packet was easy to rip and use, step one has a watery-consistancy so it was easy to distribute, but was smelly. I used a hairdryer to heat it and get my hair crunchy (took maybe 8mins on high heat) per the instructions. Rinsed that out, and applied step two. Moisturizer was very creamy and easy to put into a bun and left on for about 10 mins (instructions say about 3mins) and rinsed out. First impression, my hair was definitely on the road to recovery. It wasn't gummy like it was before I used the treatment when it was wet. I did leave this to air dry (I don't use heat tools and if I do, I use it to straighten my bangs as I like my natural straight-wavy hair) and it wasn't breaking AT ALL as it was when it was dry. Seriously a miracle.

This is my first protein treatment that I've ever tried and my hair stylist did originally suggest Ion's version of it so I will give that a try in a couple weeks to compare, but I am impressed with Aphogee's packet. Only serious negative is the smell but if you're in a well-ventilated room it's not so bad considering the results it gives.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So, I joined this site purely to read reviews of this product after decimating my hair with a combination of bleach and professional colour removers.
Over the space of the last year, I have taken my dead straight, dyed black hair from black, to blonde to ginger to light brown. In the process I have lost all of the length, going from lower back to chin length, and upon the last colour removal at the hairdressers last week, my hair has pretty much disintegrated at the front on either side.
What is left is the consistency of chewing gum when wet, and as it dries is snapping off, ending up looking like a singed mess that has as much movement and life as cardboard.
The hairdressers told me that I needed the whole lot cut to eyebrow length as was unsalveagable. In fact she was almost insistent that I did, and when I refused she told me that I wouldnt have much choice as over the next couple of weeks it would break off anyway.
So, I now have the most horrendous looking hair and want to cry. It's shorter than I ever wanted to go, but will need to be cut further still.

Aphogee was really my last ditch attempt. Purchased the 2 step process from amazon for about £15. (Pretty reasonable considering the hairdresser charged me £143 to get my hair in this state in the first place!)
I googled how to use it, but ended up just following the instructions on the bottle. I washed with a normal shampoo for damaged hair, then applied the liquid all over as instructed. It does stink, but not sure if I agree with the other cheesy feet/rotten egg comparisons at all. I thought it smelt sweet like treacle with a really weird undertone. But hey, in for a penny and all that. So I slapped it liberally all over my precious remaining strands, then blowdried until hair became crisp. Again, my hair never reached the rock-hard status that others describe. It just felt a bit twiggy (if you have ever slept with conditioner in your hair, imagine that).
I then rinsed thoroughly and repeated this process. This is what it advises on the bottle, but again have not seen others mention doing it twice.
I then left the aphogee balancing moisturiser on for a few minutes, rinsed through and applied the Aussie 3 minute miracle reconstructer which I left on for around 30/45 mins.
When washing out I could see that my hair still looked crinkly, which is a pretty good sign to me that not much has changed in the condition.
I have just partially blowdried my hair, using a ridiculous amount of spray on argan oil, and whilst there is a dramatic improvement in breakage, it still looks just as awful as it did before. It feels like wire-wool and each strand looks like frayed rope, and whilst pieces are still breaking off when I run my fingers through, it's not covering my hands like before.
If your hair is as damaged as mine, and you can afford to, just get it cut. My once silky long locks are trashed and it appears the only way forward is to start again. (Sob!)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

OMG

To all the wonderful ladies out there, I have especially login in to my MUA first thing this morning just to write a review for this Aphogee 2-step Protein Treatment. I am still trying to find the best words to describe how it has completely saved my hair!!!!!!!!!!!!

Background:

My natural hair is level 0. It is down to to my waist and I have this long hair for the past 13 years. I maintained my hair to be at waist length at all time. For the past 6 years though I been wearing my hair, double-processed (sometimes triple even) level 10.

Needles to explain, you can just imagine the amount of damage my hair has gone through from completely black to whole head platinum blonde. While I super love the shade of my hair, the maintenance is pure hell. I only used Kerastase for my whole hair routine, from washing all the way to styling. You name a Kerastase, I probably have tried it. The only thing that is not Kerastase in my regime, is Redken anti-snap leave in treatment. I GHD-ed my hair every single day for the straight look. If i settle for any other brand, my hair will just be a mess.

Starting late 2015, I notice my hair seriously cannot handle the bleaching anymore. So I reduced my developer volume from 9% (30VOL) to 6% (20 VOL) as advised by all bleaching Gurus. I been using Wella Blondor the whole time. This year i switched to Schwarzkopf BlondME system. It is not available in my country so I ordered online. Unfortunately I am weary of the authenticity of the 6% developer in the set. Cos having the bleach in my hair for 50minutes, it completely fried my hair. I have processed 6% longer in my hair previously with no such ill-effect. Cos that is what 6% is supposed to do, hold bleach longer in hair with lesser damage.

I have experimented using a 12% (40Vol) before which give the same result as this. So I am really SHock. My hair turned extreme gummy in the shower. After done styling, I just cannot get it to behave like hair again. It feels like I have a head full of straw instead. I do all sort of treatment and let time pass. My hair remained the same,

What is most horrifying it snapped off in clumps if I just run my fingers through my hair! in 3 days, I swear the amount of broken hair on my floor could make another wig. I can literally feel my hair is dangerously thinning and limp.

Aphogee Treament:

I have 2 sets of the Aphogee Treatment (one-time use) in my cabinet for a long time. Out of desperation I set out time to finally open and use it in hope to save my hair. I don't even have time to search online tips and tricks how long to keep it in hair. I only followed the direction on the package. After applying Step-1, I waited for it to dry which it didn't. I proceeded to use a blowdryer in medium heat setting to speed up drying. My hair did dry up about 70% with the bottom part still rather wet. I waited further off-dryer till i feel my hair start to harden.

Problem is I got excited could not wait anymore... I washed it all off and applied the Step-2 conditioner that came in the pack. I left it my hair throughout my shower 20 minutes. While rinsing it off I could already feel my hair so smooth and thicker!! A 100% turn-around from its previous gummy state. Held my breath and proceed to dry and style. I applied my usual Redken Anti-snap treatment and Kerastase Ultime Elixir before blowdry.

!!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!

Throughout the blowdry, my hair is so strong and did not even break 1 strand. It is sooooo smooth and shiny. My hair is gloriously back to its flowing state I had many years ago. My platinum blonde is giving off highlights of its own at the top of my head. (Pls Note: This is sign of healthy hair when your blonde could reflect the lights to produce beautiful dimensional highlights of its own) My hair volume doubled like I dunno where did the "extra hair" has magically come from?? All this effects and I have not even GHD my hair yet with shine serum.

After I done Ghd, first thing i checked my floor to count how many hair has been sacrificed. NONE!!! None on my clothing either. Omg I am so happy and thankful! There is finally hope for my hair to be normal again. If I had known the Aphogee Treatment would be this powerful to give this miracle result, I would have not wasted another second to put it on my head.

FYI, before I did the Aphogee. I tested Olaplex a few months thinking it would perform better. That is why I had the aphogee treatment unused in my cabinet for so long. The Olaplex stained my platinum blonde which take 2 rounds of toning to remove it. I dunno why it happened to me cos Olaplex is designed particularly for processed blondes. I have very high expectation for it to perform :(

In 101% honesty, now that I have tried both Olaplex and Aphogee. I am sticking to Aphogee to treat back my hair to health. If u understand me by now, I certainly do not compromised my hair to save dollars. But not only Aphogee Treatment is cheaper, It gives me better result after just one use. Of course I am going for the big bottles now!!! I really really regret not trying sooner. It could have saved my poor hair from breaking so much. The only thing now, I am not sure how often I can use Aphogee Treatment without overdoing it.

Hope this helps, thanks for reading :D

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I stumbled across this product a few days ago, saw the amazing reviews/watched countless tutorials on it on YouTube, then ordered the 16oz bottle from Amazon for £11.00. It came today and have just finished blow drying my hair....

I have bleach blonde hair which is pretty healthy, purely the ends and few mid length strands are damaged. I was almost scared to use this product too, even though it's just protein, but it's entering the unknown which is the nerve racking thing! But nothing to be worried about, this product is amazing.
Clearly the one thing I have been lacking in my hair is protein! Aphogee has done an amazing job on my hair. I followed instructions, had hair drier on for about 25 minutes till it was dry & crispy, then rinsed and conditioned with Acure Organics and left that in for 10 mins. My hair felt very strong when wet afterwards.
I let air dry like I usually do then blast with hairdryer and brush for last bit. My hair is SO soft, can't stop running my fingers through.
When I run my fingers down my hair it all feels healthy, rather than before when i got to my ends it would feel damaged. Not any more!
Hope this review makes someone else thinking of buying it to GO DO SO! Very very pleased.
Only thing is my hair smells slightly still even after rinsing out. But I'm sure the smell will go after the next shampoo. Also I feel like it's stained my blonde hair the colour of the liquid...but again, hopefully comes out the next shampoo. :) go buy this product! 5*

Bought this thinking it would help my bleached blonde hair. Nope. It made my hair feel even worse. I don't know what went wrong, but it sucked all the moisture out of my hair to the point I'll have to get it cut. Would not suggest.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Unbelievable - Miracle product. Let me start off by telling you how many professional products I have bought to try and rebuild and repair my extremely damaged hair. I have over 20+ products (with a combined value of over $300!), ranging from Paul Mitchell (2 step treatment) to Joico Protein Treatment to the full line of Morrocan Oils/products sitting in my cabinet... Nothing has worked.

My hair has gone through a series of chemical straightening (japanese straightening) - the last one of which completely ruined my hair due to incorrect application ( a 500+ dollar service I might add!) . It felt like a rats nest, was stringy and broke up, and I honestly could not leave it down. I couldn't run my fingers through it, I could barely comb it. It was damaged & I was desperate.

I went to a salon and got a $120 dollar two step protein/mositurizer service. My hair felt awesome, but I couldn't afford to get these every 4 weeks. Four weeks later, I was dealing with the same mess that I had before the the service.

I went on a desperate attempt and researched everything I could - not like I haven't already. I ended up buying the Agophee two step treatement (One that finally worked!). The price was awesome (compared to paul mitchell - two step) & I went home running and applied this right away, hoping for a miracle.

A miracle I recieved. My hair looked exactly like what it did when I walked out of the salon (for the 120+ service!). It was shiny and smooth & I could finally run my hands through it again. It felt like NORMAL hair.

The application was easy, although messy, but totally worth it. I bought a spray bottle for the protein and sprayed it on. Worked well. Kept it on for about 10 minutes (I felt it hardned enough) while using a blow dryer to heat it. After it was hard, I jumped into the shower, rinsed it, and immediately applied the second step - Balancer. I could tell a difference right away - it felt awesome. Immediately following that I put in my senscience deep conditioning restorative mask for 5 minutes and rinsed.

Voila. Beautiful hair, soft, shiney and silky - finally something has worked at an unbelievably reasonable price!

I use the entire line, I REPEAT... I use their entire line.

Great product, a tad smelly but who cares. Your hair will thank you afterwards, it also helps my dye jobs last much longer! Also, it is a bit messy so I learned that the slower, and more gentle that you pour this stuff onto your hair, the better. Take you time, and definately use a hair dryer to harden this stuff faster.

This stuff saved me from literally losing all my hair, I had a horrible bleaching experience done by myself and a friend two years ago. I love everything from their line, I also use their green tea repair spray before I flat iron, and their two min keratin treatment is the bomb.com

If you haven't purchased their stuff yet, stop thinking about it, and just do it. They also have their protein treatment available in some single use packets so you can try it out before investing in the larger bottles.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Aphogee literally saved my hair! I went to a salon recently to get more purple highlights on my hair. The hairdresser not only fried my hair completely but he also managed to rip off a huge chunk of it (I now have a rly weird animu cowlick thing).

I was furious and inconsolable, my hair was gummy and broke off if I dared to brush my fingers through it. I was terrified of getting it wet. At this point it would have been reasonable to cut it off but I absolutely hate having short hair and I spent an eternity growing my hair til lower back lenght so cutting to me was no option. I tried lots and lots of hot oil treatments which helped a bit but did not adress the breakage problem. Finally, I got myself the Aphogee protein treatment from Sally's.

As everyone has stated,it is a very messy application process and the smell is just rly funky (I think it kinda smelled like feet). However, this is a very small price to pay for the total miracle that happened later.

After I was rinsing out my rock-hard proteined hair, I put in the Aphogee conditioner. After that, I put a mix of coconut oil and color protecting conditioner. I was so amazed by the results. I no longer shed a squirrel of hair and my hair feels strong and healthy, almost like how it felt when it was still virgin hair!

I owe the life of my hair to this product, I will be sure to use it every month or so, it is a lifesaver.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

AMAZING!!! This is the best hairproduct I have ever used!
My hair is very fine and I have mishandled it quite a bit: I colour it every 5 weeks, blowdry it, heatstyle it.. As a result it became very dry and frizzy. I have tried everything to make it better but nothing has ever worked for more than a day. I have spend so much money on my hair, it's crazy. But Aphogee two step Treatment actually transformed my hair. Doing the treatment is drag, drying my hair takes forever.. But the results are amazing.
I do this treatment every month, after the Aphoge conditoner I apply pure coconut oil to my hair which I leave on for a few hours. This routine works wonders!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

For anyone who uses bleach on their hair this product is a miracle worker. I highlight my own hair. This past weekend I did another round of highlights but used a 30v developer (in the past I used 20v) and over processed the front hairs resulting in breakage. When my hair was wet, the highlighted portions had that gummy consistency over bleached hair tends to get.

I did an Aphogee protein treatment last night. I poured the solution into a tipped applicator bottle for easier application and used my hair dryer as I don't have a hooded dryer. Dried it into my hair until it was crispy and stiff. Rinsed it out and followed it with the Balancing Moisturizer (left it in for 2-3 minutes) and then used Ion Effective Care Treatment (5 mins). I then towel dried my hair, added the Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer and some Mane and Tail Detangler. I was able to blow dry my hair using a round brush and no hairs snapped off in the process. My hair feels like it did prior to bleaching it.

I think the key with this treatment is to remember it is meant to make your hair stronger, not softer so a good deep conditioner afterwards is a must to restore the hair's supple texture. I had bought the 4 oz bottle and I have enough product for 1 more application which I plan on repeating in 6 weeks.