Max Factor Lasting Colour - Raisin

No Image

on 6/21/2013 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This works on my pale skin also. This goes on a little dark so I apply it with a very light hand, but it is more of a night time shade for me. It does have a pink tone to it and not brown. Maybe a pinky brown color, but not a deep brown which is what raisin implies. Nice for pale skintones though.

I used to be a total lipstick junkie. At one point I had about 50 in my make up drawer but after years of experimentation, I have one "day" lipstick and one that I wear for evenings out AND the odd daytime when I feel like wearing a stronger colour for a change; Raisin.

It's the only lipstick I've ever repurchased. I'm on about my 5th now I think. I'm very pale, and also find a true red a bit scary, but Raisin suits my colouring beautifully and gives the impact of red, without screaming "look at me" like red does.

Will stay faithful to this product and repurchase for as long as they make it!

For those who don't know,Max Factor dicontinued the ''lasting color'' lipsticks for the ''color collection'' lipsticks.However, most of the colors of the new lipsticks are actually the same with the lasting color ones,except for the packaging that is a little different.The color ''raisin'' is also part of the new color collection and it is categorised as one of the ideal colors for fair skin women.(The brand separates the color collection lippies into three categories:fair, medium and dark skin)I think the brand is no wrong in this.The color is a deep plummy rose and looks very natural on my fair skin(as most rose and pink colors do).It is quite similar to ''Chic'' by MAC but this is more muted and more suitable for everyday wear,where as Chic is a bit deeper color and more red,so it's best suitable for evening.The lasting power of the lipstck is quite good as with most lasting color lipsticks.This lipstick is a great choice for this season as it is more of an autumn- winter color and it's perfect for those who want a deep yet natural lipcolor.

on 6/20/2007 4:09:00 AM

it doesnt work well on my pale skin, a little too dark.

on 1/29/2008 8:01:00 AM

I think I may have just found my favourite lipstick ever....the colour looks great against my fair skin, emphasising the natural colour of my lips. Can be worn for day wear, or with another layer of lipstick & heavier eyes, for night, as it manages to look both natural and glamourous. Feels soft & quite moisturising on my mouth but also as if it's 'sunk in' to my lips & is going to stay put for a while (lipsticks usually slide off me pretty quick).
The packaging feels a bit on the cheap side & plastic-y, but I can put up with that.
Retails here for 7.99 which if it lives up to its early promise is a very fair price.

on 12/15/2009 2:39:00 PM

I got a mini sized version of this product for free because if you spend more than 15 at 'Boots' on max factor products, they give you a bag full of max factor goodies.
At first, I thought nothing of this product, I tend to use nudes or pinks and never really tried coloured lipsticks.
HOW I WAS WRONG! This colour is gorgeous! If you want to get into wearing more colour onto your lips, go out and buy this! The colour is perfect for winter and it wasn't drying on my lips at all. It's not as daring for red, so I don't feel like everyone is staring at me in this! (Well not for the wrong reason's anyway!) I'd deffinatley recommend this, And i'd buy the full size!

Unfortunately, this wasn't the plummy-brown I was expecting. Imagine the INSIDE of a raisin - that's more like the color of this. It's golden/coral color with shimmer. A pretty color, but it didn't work well on me at all.

on 1/8/2005 10:04:00 PM

I really love this color and this lipstick formula. I agree with the other poster when she says the color can be decieving. On me it looks muted roselike. Works beautifully with my PPP skintone. The formula is so longwearing and looks soft on. A little trick for true all day wear is to wear a neutral color everlite first then put this on and this will not budge, fade or look goopy.

on 4/17/2005 4:24:00 PM

I LOVE this! The name of the color is pretty misleading, which is how I got it. My roommate thought it would be browner than it was and handed it off to me. It works very well on my pale, redheaded complection. It's a nice bright color that is great and uplifing for spring and summer. It wears better than any other lipstick I've tried.

Beautiful long lasting color, but a little rough going on.