Gucci Envy ME

Gucci Envy ME

3.9

I am 29 now and when I got a discounted bottle of this a few months ago I was immediately transported back to college! One of those crazy scent associations. I probably went through two bottles of it back then. This is among my favs of the "pink fruity floral" genre that used to dominate dept. stores, Sephora, etc. I like it because it's not a watery scent, if that makes any sense. It's assertive, flirty, unabashedly young and girly. It's inoffensive, but it has presence, in that it doesn't smell like shampoo or lotion, but actual perfume. I don't know what makes me love it so much when I am bored to tears by so many other scents in its genre. Maybe the well balancedmix of pineapple, clean (nondescript) florals, and musk? The great memories of spritzing it on heavily before we went out? The kind of crazy looking bottle? (you should get the biggest size of it, then you will see how crazy the tall skinny bottle looks). The only thing I disliked about it is the name....stupid. Whatever. I really hope they don't discontinue this!!!

i love love love this perfume !!

PROS
- it is soft enough for everyday wear
- it is versatile enough for all season wear, not too light in the winter, and not at all heavy in the summer
- if you're looking for a flirty, feminine scent that isn't overpowering, this one is FANTASTIC
- you really can't go wrong with this.. great for all occasions if you apply it correctly !!

CONS
- not really a fan of the bottle, but that's just me :)

HOW I USE IT
- RIGHT after the shower, i spray my neck first, rub my wrists against it.. the scent soaks in pretty well this way
- i then lightly spray the inside of my shirt so that the scent lingers on my skin.. and so that i don't taste like perfume later 1! continued >>

on 11/25/2007 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pretty fragrance. I used to wear this when I would go out to party colleges and night in general (since replaced with Armani Code). I'm into more seductive fragrances now but theres something unusually sexy about this scent - it kind of subtly reminds me liquor but in a good way. It would def be a LOOK AT ME fragrance except for the fact that its not strong at all and you can't really smell it - only up close. Its floral yet kind of powdery. Its fun yet sophicated. I feel chic and fashionable when I wear it. Very trendy. I will never finish the 65% of the 3.4 oz bottle I have left otherwise I would repurchase. My only complaint is that my bottle is nearly a foot tall and quite skinny and I'm always afraid its going to topple over and fall. I also have the lotion and body wash. The body wash is good and makes the whole bathroom smell pretty but the lotion smells cheap and is watery and not hydrating.

Lovely, fruity, and happy-smelling. One of the few perfumes that doesn't give me a headache.

This is my favourite perfume of all time and always will be! The scent is just lovely, smells sweet and fresh like fresh linen. It is the perfect summery scent that lasts for hours and its not too strong either. I always get compliments when I wear it! Cute packaging as pink is the perfect colour to match this gorgeous scent.
I am definatly going to be buying this again and again in the future.

on 12/29/2008 10:19:00 PM

This is the best floral scent I have found. You'll pick up last nights shirt to put in the hamper and take a good whiff of the perfume before letting go of the shirt. Plus if you wear it during something memorable you'll think of that moment every-time you smell the scent. Now that is timeless.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Envy Me! It's a fruity floral that I find so sparkling, bubbly and refreshing. I also love the powder notes I usually can't stand powdery scents. I recently sprayed some from a forgotten bottle and fell in love all over again.

The first spray provides a burst of sparkling fruits combined with florals. Then it transforms into a powdery floral and finally into a lovely sophisticated musk. It also has a slight sweetness (not sickingly though) throughout all these stages, so stay away if you don't like the that but, I happen to love it.

If the sweetness or fruitiness turns you off try Versace Bright Crystal it is VERY similar but without the sweet or as much fruity notes.

The only bummer is that it doesn't last long, but I still love this stuff.

on 10/30/2007 10:08:00 PM

The best way to describe this scent would be soft, green and classy. Not really grassy but more like green leaves with slight dash of pepper. I tried it at Sephora and liked it at first but wanted to see how it would mesh with my body chemistry. This is definately not an intense perfume-you really have to lean close to someone to smell it at all.
After 1 hour it was mostly gone and I decided it wasn't for me. Its too soft and it just didn't blow me away. It is a nice perfume overall, for some reason I picture wealthy socialite wearing it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Its Versace Bright Crystal with better silage and lasting power.

on 3/13/2012 7:39:00 PM

Very cute packaging! It smells nice, very sweet and a bit overpowering if you accidentally spray too much. According to Perfumenet, Envy Me has notes of Peony, Jasmine, Pink Pepper, Pomegranite, Pineapple, Teak Wood and Wood. I'm not a perfume connoisseur, but I can smell the peony and jasmine! It's quite floral on me.

Popular Fragrances