Creative Nail Design Dry & Shine

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

WATER, CYCLOMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was recommended this from the nailboard, so I bought one off ebay (even though it was $13.00 USD). It does what it says, drys and shines, to a super shiny glass-like surface. You paint it on like polish and it says to use around the nail as well, then wait till it turns dull (mine never does) and buff. I use OPI Experttouch pads to buff it. I'm pretty impatient after I do my nails, but this lessened my fears of ruining a nice home manicure. It's expensive IMO, but you get a big bottle of product. It also smells like lemons and has aloe and horse chestnut extract. I admit that I also use Salon enamel nail dryer spray for UV protection, so I don't know if it is both items keeping my nail smudge-free or not. If you can try it at a salon first- ask about it.

on 10/9/2007 4:29:00 PM

Ok, I'm not really sure what the point of this product is. I followed the directions exactly... put it on over my mani and waited a few minutes. It didn't get to a "cloudy" color but I had waited long enough for that to happen so I figured I would try buffing it off anyways. Smudged my polish really bad. This seemed like more of a hassle than it was worth for me. I'll stick to my Seche Vite.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a wonderful product. I bought it for 2 on eBay just because I was intrigued, but it's now firmly a part of my routine. Although it's in a polish bottle and you put it on with a brush, it's actually more of a cream. I apply OPI DS top coat and then 60 seconds later slather this on top. I then wait 10 mins (it does go a little bit duller but you'll be waiting forever for a dull finish) and buff off with either a towel or a lint free nail wipe. It sets every layer of the polish and even before fully dry adds an extra level of protection. I've never smudged a mani when this is on, and that's saying something! Apart from the quick drying, I also love the finish it gives. It is very shiny and glossy, although not as shiny as Seche Vite, for example, or even SH Insta-Dri. It doesn't look as 'plastiky' as those top coats. It really lets the finish of the polish shine through. I will definitely be repurchasing.

Popular Top/Base Coats