Creative Nail Design Dry & Shine

No Image

4.3

WATER, CYCLOMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I didn't actually buy it so I have no idea what it costs. The girl who gave me the manicure at the salon used this product on my nails and I really liked it. I do think it helped speed up the drying process. It was quite nice. When I got home I took a cotton ball and sort of polished the nails a bit and it definitely made them shinier. Loves it. Comes in a sort of pale blue shade in a ball a-la-benefit-product like container.

Love this stuff! It does exactly what it says Ė dries my polish faster, while preventing smudges and conditioning the skin around the nails.
I usually wait about 30 seconds after I finish applying top coat and then slather this stuff on very generously. I wait about 7-10 minutes and it does get dull on me and thatís when I know itís time to buff it away. Thatís really convenient to know that the polish is dry and there is no danger of smudging. I definitely recommend it.

on 12/2/2008 1:48:00 PM

Another huge rave for CND! I bought this last week in conjunction with Super Shiney (also reviewed) - I've been using Stickey for a while and been really happy with it, so I figured what the heck. Years ago Orly used to put out a similar looking product to Dry & Shine called (I think) top2bottom, and I was devastated when that was discontinued. Now I feel like I have it back. I did my nails last night at around 11, used the product as directed, went to bed at 12, and woke up this a.m. with perfectly dry, glass-smooth nails with NO marks. Since I tend to do my nails late or on the run, this is absolutely a must-have product - probable HG!

on 11/12/2007 12:09:00 AM

I use this with every manicure. I apply a layer after my topcoat (usually Shiney), wait 10 min, then buff dry. I am now on my 4th bottle, and couldn't live without this product. I never wake up with sheet marks on my nails. And it cools my nails, also, which feels nice. Will repurchase over and over.

Ok, I have had this in the back of my nail collection. Recently I asked nailboard how to dry my ultra glossy Creative Nail Design Super Shiney. That top coat would be a HG for me... if it would dry faster, darn it! By the time 10 hours go buy my Super Shiney is still wet and I get sheet marks!

On a whim I tried this today over Super Shiney. Voila! I used it gloppy at first. Nothing happened but I wiped it away. Then I reapplied. PRESTO! Super shiny glossy and DRY nails. I was blown away.

If you are looking for a different type of nail dryer and you have tried drops and sprays and thick gloopy speed dry top coats, I would recommend that you try Dry and Shine in conjunction with a very slow drying but very stable and protective top coat such as Super Shiney. Also China Glaze's No-Chip Top Coat is my other stable and protective top coat but I like Super Shiney better. Hope you like it as much as I do.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

HG HG HG!! i use this over Seche Vite and POW my mani is twice as shiny compared to just using Seche alone!! my mani looks like glass, its that shiny! the best part is that my mani is still really shiny after 3 days! usually by day 3 my nailpolish is a little dull with little scratch marks on it. but now using Seche Vite with Dry&Shine, my mani still looks suprisingly fresh and still glass-like. Easy to apply, i applied it a little uneven too, and it didn't matter. Wait until you can see your nails are dull, then gently buff off. I just used a cotton shirt and worked wonderfully =) i also love that cool sensation as its drying, it seems like it dries all the nailpolish layers right down to the nailbed! will always repurchase!

on 2/18/2005 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used Dry 'n Shine at certain nail salons and found it to ba very effective product. First, one applies the Dry 'n Shin and lets it dry.

Then one buffs it off. The nails are then perfectly dried.

Interesting product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a wonderful product. I bought it for £2 on eBay just because I was intrigued, but it's now firmly a part of my routine. Although it's in a polish bottle and you put it on with a brush, it's actually more of a cream. I apply OPI DS top coat and then 60 seconds later slather this on top. I then wait 10 mins (it does go a little bit duller but you'll be waiting forever for a dull finish) and buff off with either a towel or a lint free nail wipe. It sets every layer of the polish and even before fully dry adds an extra level of protection. I've never smudged a mani when this is on, and that's saying something! Apart from the quick drying, I also love the finish it gives. It is very shiny and glossy, although not as shiny as Seche Vite, for example, or even SH Insta-Dri. It doesn't look as 'plastiky' as those top coats. It really lets the finish of the polish shine through. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 12/2/2008 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product! I use it in conjunction with CND's Super Shiney top coat, and I absolutely love how quick this dries my polish! Smooth, glassy nails in no time! * This doesn't get cloudy for me like the bottle says it will.... I may be applying too much, but I usually apply this wait about 10 minutes and then gently buff with a soft cloth ( I use one of those clothes that you'd usually use to clean eyeglasses). HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!!!

on 10/9/2007 4:29:00 PM

Ok, I'm not really sure what the point of this product is. I followed the directions exactly... put it on over my mani and waited a few minutes. It didn't get to a "cloudy" color but I had waited long enough for that to happen so I figured I would try buffing it off anyways. Smudged my polish really bad. This seemed like more of a hassle than it was worth for me. I'll stick to my Seche Vite.

Popular Top/Base Coats