MAVALA Cuticle Remover

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAVALA Cuticle Remover

3.8

Water, Laureth-4, Glycerin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Potassium Hydroxide, Lureth-23, Lanolin, Simethicone.

That is the only cuticle remover I have tried, but I am so happy with the results that I never tried out another.
I just brush a small amount on my cuticles, wait a minute (I do not feel anything, though) and then push my cuticles either with the metalic scraper or an orangewood stick. That's it!

Let me just add that I have very persistent cuticles, that end up with a lot of skin to be removed. Using this, after I push them back, my cuticle skin is soft and supple and I can clip it without it tearing. Ladies with such cuticles will understand what I mean.

Overall a very good product, if I may say so without having tried anything else, and I have used it unstopping for the last 3 years.

Regarding the price, it may seem much but in these 3 years I have used 1 bottle and only now did I get a second one. It did not spoil on me or lost it's efficiency, but of course YMMV.

on 3/25/2013 7:07:00 AM

I've been using cuticle removers for like 8 to 10 years now because I think it's an essential step for perfectly manicured-looking nails. This is a good one. I actually prefer essence cuticle remover gel because it is as effective and cheaper but it's very difficult to find.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This removed my cuticles but after using it about 3 times over a few weeks my cuticles were in terrible shape, very hard, dry and snagging, flaking etc. I'm usually a fan of Mavala products but I got such poor results I think maybe I was just very sensitive to the chemicals in this. I've gone back to my old remover and my cuticles are now back to normal.

this is the best cuticle remover i've tried so far! works perfectly,removes all that tiny cuticles that look awful and leaves a neat shape to my nails.

on 12/23/2005 9:31:00 AM

This works beautifully! It removes ragged cuticles in a minute and leaves a nice, neat shape to my nails.

on 9/3/2004 5:46:00 AM

Usually i just push and cut my cuticles with no problem so i have no experince in cuticle remover cream. I don't use this do to the intense labour of soaking and waiting. Rather go to the spas.