MAVALA Cuticle Remover

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAVALA Cuticle Remover

Water, Laureth-4, Glycerin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Potassium Hydroxide, Lureth-23, Lanolin, Simethicone.

on 5/16/2013 7:14:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great cuticle remover, works almost instantly. I usually wash my hands with warm water for 2 minutes to soften the cuticles, then apply Mavala cuticle remover and push back cuticles with orangewood stick. Let it sit on my nails for 2 minutes, wipe it clean with tissue and trim cuticles. Takes only 10 minutes tops and makes my fingers look perfect. I wish this came in a squeeze tube, because it dries fairily quickly and can be difficult to use up to the last drop.

on 7/10/2009 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This is a great cuticle remover! It works quickly: I brush it on my cuticles, wait one minute (per instructions)
and gently scrape off excess cuticle with my Revlon plastic cuticle scraper or with the wooden stick that comes
in the package. I use soap and a nail brush to thoroughly remove product and excess cuticle.
I use it every three weeks or so to keep my cuticles smooth and in good shape.
This contains alkali, a strong ingredient, and this makes my nails dry. After I remove it I apply Nailtiques
Nail Moisturizer to restore the moisture in my nails.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After trying many different Sally Hansen cuticle removers, I had basically given up on the concept. One day, I looked at my fingers and decided that I had to commit myself to some kind of nail care regiment. I work in a coffee shop, and the grease from the coffee beans gets under every crack in my skin, leaving my fingers dirty looking and ragged. I brushed this on, left it for about a minute (it started to get very warm, almost burning) and rinsed it off. Wow! Huge difference. I plan on using this twice a week at first, since there is quite a bit of extra skin that needs to be removed, but so far so good.