TiGi Catwalk Fashionista Smooth and Shine Heat and Iron Safe [DISCONTINUED]

TiGi Catwalk Fashionista Smooth and Shine Heat and Iron Safe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

I bought this product on a whim while at a hair stylist's convention in my city. I'm not quite sure what the actual price would be on it, because I got it on a discount of the professional price, so I only paid 2 or 3 dollars for it. The only reason I picked it up was because I wanted another heat protectant. At the time I was looking for my HG product, and I hadn't tried one that wasn't in a spray bottle. I'm not a fan of the smell. To me, and this just might be a combination of the leave in conditioner that I use and this product, it smells almost herb-y. But it's not unbearable and fades quickly. I can't really comment on how well it makes color last because I have hot pink hair, and that never lasts very long. My hair does however look incredibly shiney, and it feels pretty soft after I flat iron. I would reccomend buying again, however I don't think I will ever have to, considering how much product comes in the bottle, and I only use a dime size amount at a time. I have not used it as a second day styling product on dry hair, although I will try it and update with my results.

on 5/16/2010 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really don't know why people are raving about this. I really don't think it's anything to write home about as the end result is good but not exceptional.There are cheaper products that do the job better!!!!

Wonderful fruity smell though

HG product!!! I love love love this stuff. My hairdresser recommended it, and I will never go back to d/s!! I have pretty thick hair and this doesn't make it feel any heavier which is a miracle, and it feels so much healthier. The price isn't too bad either as the bottle will last for ages. I would 100% definitely recommend this to everyone!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this on sale at Ulta for half the original price. First off, I really do like the scent. I don't know where people are getting grape from, maybe just because the bottle and product are purple? But to me it smells like mimosas or sparkling orange jello. I love TiGi products mostly because of the amazing fruity scents!

Other than the pleasant smell, the product is really just average. I have to work a lot of this in for it to feel like my hair is being protected against the heat from my flat iron. I do prefer gel formulas as opposed to sprays, and I like the squeeze bottle this comes in, so if it's ever on sale again I'd probably repurchase.

Love it. It's very light, not heavy like most cream stylers, so it's easy to spread around without using too much. I imagine the bottle will last awhile but i'll have no problem buying another. This leaves my hair extremely soft and it also seems to make it blowdry quicker. It definitely makes straightening easier and faster. My hair is naturally curly, and one day i put this in it - meaning to straighten it and never got around to it. Well, i discovered this works wonders for curly hair too, although it is a straightening product. My curls looked defined and soft.

So basically, this is HG stuff for me and works for everything. I've gotten compliments on the condition of my hair... I'm not sure if this just makes it look great or is really protecting it from heat and therefore preventing some of the regular damage i do to it by straightening. Either way, I LOVE it!!! Get some!!

on 1/25/2010 10:41:00 AM

having used the fashionista shampoo and conditioner i thought that this product should be a winner. But sadly it wasnt, i found that it left a residue on my hair whether i was spraying it 3 inces a way or 12. I thought that for the price it would really be good but it was a major disapointment.

on 1/24/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product on sale for ten bucks (instead of the usual price of $32.95) so if I could find it somewhere that cheap again then yeah i would buy it again but otherwise, No i wouldnt buy it again.
It spreads through hair really well and works great with BOTH blow dryers AND hair irons, which is good. It makes your hair feel soft and bouncy and doesnt weigh it down but doesnt do much for shine.
But the one bad thing is it runs out sooooo quickly. Theres like nothing in the bottle, and coz i heat style ALOT almost every day, theres not much bang for buck considering the price.

If you wanna save afew bucks dont buy tthis (unless you can get it for $10, in which case BUY IT! ) coz there are other great thermal products that offer better value for money.

I tried this product over the years and wasn't too crazy about it for the performance. I recently tried it again and I really, really like it. I went through a long phase of using serums and now I don't want to use any oily products like that anymore. I find after experimenting with a lot of products that the Smooth and Shine is really good. It spreads easily, doesn't weigh my hair down, detangles wet hair, protects and smooths for flat ironing. I think the formulation changes but whatever it is now, I like it. I like the bottle and think TiGi has good products.

on 7/14/2009 8:54:00 PM

I have fine, naturally wavy hair, so I don't need anything too heavy duty to tame my curls. My stylist recommended this, so I bought it. First off, I'm not crazy about the smell....it reminds me of grape candy. It doesn't do anything during the blow-dry phase to help smooth or straighten, and I can't tell I've used it once I start flat ironing either. While I'd rather have a lightweight product than a heavy one, it's really not worth the money. I'll continue to use it until it's gone for the simple fact that it's protecting my hair from the heat and has gotta be better than nothing, right?

I bought this at a local salon along with the fashionista shampoo and conditioner. I use heat styling tools on my hair a lot, almost daily, and i also dye my hair so i was looking for something to protect my dry locks while adding beautiful shine. This did not perform nowhere nearly as good as i had hoped for. It did not add any real shine to my hair but it did make it slightly softer and i loved theh smell. I won't be rebuying this because i have used tons of drugstore stylers that work much better or the same for a fraction of the cost!

Popular Styling Products