The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Green
The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

There was a great online sale at the Body Shop's website on perfume oils. I had never tried oils before so I blind bought some, including the 30 ML bottle of White Musk oil.

First off, I love the bottle. The wand attached to the lid makes application easy and not messy. And the scent, omg! It's so warm, sensual and sexy with a hint of edge. It's a bit strong when you first put it on (you only need a dab). Then after awhile it settles down and lasts the whole day. My skin didn't react negatively at all. This bottle is going to last a long time! It's the kind of scent you can wear anywhere: shopping, going out, after a shower, to bed. Also wear it in any season.

I would recommend this to any lady. If you haven't tried perfume oils before, I recommend trying all the Body Shop's Scents of the World collection. I loved this one so much that I bought the matching body mist.

on 10/13/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This isn't as good as a remember. It use to really meld with my body leaving a fresh clean smell. This new formulation is more arid and harsh smelling. Unfortunately, I bought two bottles without testing it first. I've been able to save this though by mixing it with a little of The Body Shop Vanilla EDT. However, I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Do we really need another White Musk review? Probably not but you are getting one anyway. I detested this in my youth, probably because everyone wore either White Musk, Dewberry or Fuzzy Peach and every teenage disco reeked of a fruity musky melange mixed with various other hormonal teenage smells *shudder*. I, of course was difficult and a budding perfumista and wouldn't have been caught dead wearing something so 'common'.

Anyhoo, roll forward twenty years and I am given a mini White Musk set as a gift and low and behold I fall in love with the shower gel. I love the texture, the sudsiness and the subtle scent it leaves on my skin.

This experience led me to swapping for the perfume oil. While pleasant, it just does not capture my fancy quite as much as the shower gel. It has definitely been reformulated in the intervening decades (it no longer possesses the ability to suck all oxygen from the air within a six foot radius) and I believe that is a good thing. It just smells safe and tedious and I really should have trusted my initial juvenile impression.

Oh and what did I wear to the teenage discos? Paloma Picasso of course!!!

on 3/2/2010 11:03:00 AM

Not a fan of the white musk oil. There is a strong note that overpowers the musk in this scent. I stopped wearing it after my bf told me I smelled like Aqua Velva.

Yeah, this isn't a typical musk at all. If anything I think of this as a more wearable white-flowers scent -- which I normally won't go near because they're sickening sweet . But this has the headiness of white flowers without being cloying. It's nothing exquisite but it's comfortable, and I enjoy it's clean-out-of-the-shower-and-a-little-sexy-ness. And its super affordable! And it's one of the few fragrances I've worn - high end, low end or otherwise - that I can smell on my skin after a shower.

on 10/17/2009 1:29:00 PM

One of my favourite fragrances I have constantly bought since junior high school. Love this smell! It is a soft, floral, & feminine musky fragrance that is absolutely beautiful. Very versatile (all the oils are really) as I like to add a few drops to lotions, bath bubbles, and liquid hand soaps to easily fragrance them. Plus this oil is relatively inexpensive and you don't need a lot of product either.

on 6/15/2009 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am always buying new perfumes on a desperate quest to find something that lasts, smells fresh and is not sickly smelling. For some reason everything I try wears off in a matter of hours, sometimes minutes! Very annoying!
I naturally gravitate towards soap, laundry, baby smells and this oil is all of these, plus it lasts a long time on my skin.
It is cheap too. I doubt I will stop my mad perfume buying, but I really think this scent is gonna be hard to beat.
I love love it

on 6/1/2009 8:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE the scent of TBS White Musk perfume oil, and I was soooo gutted when I noticed that it irritates my skin very badly! Please PM me, if you can suggest an EdT or EdP that is close to the scent of this perfume oil. I don't think TBS White Musk EdT isn't quite the same which is a shame too.

on 1/4/2009 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love putting this underneath my mure et musc extreme, it makes it "muskier" and last longer. I don`t like wearing this on its own, I find it to be too old-lady-like. But as a base for any fruity or floral scents it`s PERFECT!

on 10/8/2008 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVED this when I tried it in the store! I didn't think I would like it because of the musk, but it is delightfully tolerable! It's a very intimate fragrance and the exact opposite of anything floral or overly feminine/sweet smelling. I'm not really into perfumes usually and this suits me perfectly - I would feel quite comfortable wearing this daily.

Popular Fragrances