The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

on 3/2/2017 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I didn't buy this at the body shop. I was lucky to find the tiny bottle for $3 at tj.maxx. As for the smell, when you first spray it it does have a strong musky smell which I'm not a fan of. But after I love it and it stays in forever!!

on 4/26/2015 12:24:00 PM

I've been wearing the Body Shop White Musk line maybe since around grade 9. I love it and it's the only scent that makes me feel like myself. Around college I've switched briefly to Lanvin D'Asperge, the only other scent I've ever worn beside White Musk. Now in my house I only have those two. White Musk and D'Asperge. But for me White Musk almost always win. I hardly wear the Lanvin one - although it's also another beautiful smell.

The EDT version of White Musk doesn't last really long. EDP is better. I wear the deodorant as well.

My childhood bf told me, before we were together, he once roamed around the mall trying to find the scent that I wore. Still remember that till this day, bring smile to my face.

Whenever I haven't been myself, I usually wear this just to warm my heart. This line from the Body Shop, it has really become a part of me. Been wearing it for more than 10 years. Maybe reaching 15 years.

on 12/17/2014 5:29:00 AM

Once this oil has melted into your skin, it leaves behind the most soft, powdery, warm and feminine scent trail. It lasts all day on me (I have gotten compliments 6 hours into wearing it!) and is one of very few scents that hasn't been messed with throughout the years. I've been wearing it regularly year round for 26 years and it still smells sexy, warm and clean, in a non-perfumey way. People around me think 'something smells really nice in here', instead of: 'I like your perfume.'

When I wear it, I feel enveloped by its subtle warm powdery softness; it's my number one comfort scent. It's also perfect on days I want to make sure my scent does not overpower someone (dentist, doctor, long car ride, etc.). A little dab goes a long way, so I'm sure my newly purchased bottle will last for ages. Oh, and I prefer the newer purple bottle with the applicator to the smaller transparent one. The latter just feels a bit too 'teeny bopperish' for a grown woman. ;-)

I hope they'll never discontinue this intoxicating oil!

on 7/27/2014 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really really really really like this perfume oil! I've read that other people say that it is a very popular perfume and you often find people wearing it, but I have never smelled this on anyone. Maybe I just live in a country where The Body Shop isn't too popular (in addition to having few stores, argh!). To me it smells like white soap. I actually have a white coloured drugstore soap and it smells exactly the same way. Really it does. However after that the smell of the soap goes away, of course, like a soap should. This perfume oil, however, lasts. After the initial "white, clean soap" smell goes away, it smells more sensual. It's not overpowering, when you wear it people will smell it but they won't even know that it's you! I was wearing it one day in a room and people all started commenting on how come the room smelled like incense? The nice, authentic kind of incense that you smell in cathedrals, not the fake plastic kind. I also love the bottle, with the wand on the lid it's sooo easy to apply!

on 11/12/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm wearing The Body Shop's White Musk oil now, and I've had my little clear round bottle for many years. I've always found it a little scratchy & sharp at first application (moreso than Jovan White Musk, which is softer start-to-finish). It's clean, fresh & crisp at first -- but after it has melded into skin, it becomes considerably softer & warmer -- very sensuous. It's strong -- you only need a small dab -- and it lasts and lasts.

I once smelled it on 2 other women, and I didn't recognize it as "white" musk on them -- I thought it was one of the more golden brown varieties, since it smelled warm -- but after asking, it turned out to be this one, and I was surprised.

I still remember those 2 whiffs -- one was from a young teen cashier at TJ Maxx -- and the other from a 20-something cashier at Lowes Foods. Both times, as I approached their registers, their wafts were pretty strong -- I could smell their musks from a couple feet away, as I approached -- they had a little scent cloud around them. But they both smelled *delicious* -- obviously wearing some sort of musk, but I would have guessed Coty Wild, Jovan, or something else on the ambery side, colored brown, since they smelled so warm and sensuous.

So I asked -- and they each said Body Shop White Musk -- and I was surprised in both cases to find out their musk was "white". It didn't smell crisp, sharp, or floral on them at all -- rather it was very smooth, warm, sensuous, cloudlike, and lovely. Because of its great strength & longevity, The Body Shop's White Musk oil is an excellent value, especially when they have BOGO sales on their website. Lots and lots of bang for your buck, without taking up a lot of space. A good any-time, any-occasion scent.

Launched in 1981, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Basil, Galbanum, Musk, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes - Jasmine, Lily, Musk, Rose
Base Notes - Amber, Oakmoss, Iris, Musk, Patchouli, Peach, Vanilla, Vetiver

ADDENDUM 11/17/13: I just bought a new 1oz tall purple bottle of the perfume oil (BOGO on their site), and I like it better than my roughly 10-yr-old round clear bottle. While I said above that it was scratchy & harsh at first -- this new bottle isn't -- it's exactly the same scent but smoother and a little sweeter start-to-finish. Which is great -- I like my new bottle better. The flip side is that it doesn't last as long -- it's not as strong & concentrated as my old bottle, so I have to reapply more frequently -- but I don't mind that, since I enjoy the scent better. It's not all lightness & freshness -- it does have some earthiness about it also.

on 4/16/2013 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

warm, sensual and sexy....I mix it with D&G Light Blue and OMG

on 1/27/2012 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Love this scent! So soft and not overpowering. And it the scent lasts for a long time. I only dab a bit in the morning and it's there all day. I bought the largest bottle and it seems like it'll last me a very long time so it's a great deal. :D Definite repurchase.

on 1/17/2012 3:44:00 PM

Thank you to MUA folks who reviewed the Serge Lutens Clair de Musc and compared it to this. I liked the Serge Lutens frag a lot, but as I noted in my review of it, I didn't really think it was unique enough to warrant the high price tag. I snagged a bottle of this new 1oz bottle off ebay for 20$, and it's great. The staying power is AMAZING, you need so little of it and it stays all day, unlike the serge lutens perfume that faded quick even after dowsing myself in it. I guess it's discontinued or being discontinued, so I will probably stock up on another bottle soon. I expect it to last a very long time though. I bought some decanting supplies and will transfer some of this to one of the roller ball bottles so I can keep it in my purse. Yay.

on 11/28/2011 12:43:00 PM

I adore this perfume oil. It's so much softer than the edt that makes me cough and smells too much like alcohol. This is a sexy, soft skin scent that everyone I know finds appealing. A little 15 ml bottle I've had for about 5 yeas is still going strong and you only need a tiny amount to make you smell divine. I love this and I would definately be buying again and again and again. I'm just very dissappointed that Body Shop decided to discontinue ALL perfume oils. They discontinued the lovely old vanilla perfume oil that I wore in my early teens and now the white musk that I've been wearing for 5 years. Makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with the people at The Body Shop. Don't they want customers? Don't they want to make money? Then why are you discontinuing your best products? Perfume oils were the only reason that kept me going back to them, but no more.

on 11/10/2010 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Love, love, love! My favorite perfume ever. I use it daily and also add a spritz of the l'eau d'toilette spray before I leave the house.

Good value for the money compared to department store perfumes. The Body Shop also often has sales for buy one get one half off, etc.

Popular Fragrances