The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

on 4/17/2011 8:56:00 AM

I wore this aged 16 to 18 in the 80's and it takes me straight back, was popular then. Still a lovely soft fresh musk and literally decades later old boyfriends remember it as my smell. The oil is softer and nicer in my opinion.

on 6/13/2009 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like most "white" (or clean, soapy) musks, this oil is initially brash and strong, but softens considerably as it melts into the skin. Unlike Kiehl's Musk, which is more floral and slightly dirty-smelling, this musk remains "good" all the way down, but is never too sweet, insipid, or screechy-soapy. Perfect for summer daytime wear or a nice subtle comfort scent. This is unchallenging, but nicer than some other white musks I've tried.

I dabble in lots of oils but this has been with me since 1994! i have gone through more bottles of this than anything! other than TBS vanilla perfume oil,this is what i wear most of the time.It is very strong,so i never smell it directly,i apply it to my pulse points and add a bit to my hair when it's wet,after blowdrying it's smells wonderful.It lasts all day,without fail and just gets better throughout the hours.It smells very different than when it is first applied.I have had friends dab it on and say "what is this? ewww,this isn't how you smell!" but then after a few hours they are sniffing themselves saying "oh,i get it now!" i have always recieved compliments on this,especially when it lingers on pillows and such...it's a crisp,clean,sensual scent! the ONLY time i ever got a bad review on this was about 6 months ago when i had a date that went wrong and at the end of the night i asked why he had an issue with our chemistry being 'off' and he said that i smelled like his grandmother! i was angry,but had to laugh! he was a douchebag anyway and i kept my white musk and ditched him.MEN!!!

on 3/14/2009 9:01:00 AM

I love this perfume oil, i use it almost every day. I will get the vanilla oil next time i visit The Body shop, and try mixing these two. Thanks for the tip :-)

I add a couple of dabs of Vanilla and a couple of dabs of White Musk perfume oils from The Body Shop on my wrist and rub them together. The result is....WOW, absolutely gorgeous!

I got the idea from another reviewer on here who said the two worked well together (so a big thankyou to jules007!) I tried the White Musk oil on its own and wasn't sold on it - thought it was ok, but wouldn't have bought it on its own. But when I mixed it with the Vanilla something magical happened. I'm seriously expecting to be followed down the street when wearing this mix (hopefully by cute guys)!

I haven't actually mixed the contents of the two bottles of perfume oil themselves together as I'm not sure how well that would work and don't want to risk wasting any, but it works well for me just rubbing the two together on my wrist.

So next time you find yourself in The Body Shop, have a test of these two together for yourself and breathe in the beautiful scent - divine!

I knocked one star off only because ideally the scent would come ready blended - but really it's not a hassle to get the two separately, especially when they are so reasonably priced.

UPDATE: I've now blended these two perfume oils together in a little refillable perfume atomiser bottle I found in Boots, and I find this is the best method of applying it, as adding a dab of each on your wrist and rubbing together can result in the scent being a bit overpowering - whereas a little spray on a wrist does the trick. Oh and my bfriend LOVES this - can't get enough of it! Everytime I try out a new perfume he says nooooo, I like your current perfume, don't change it. Which is fab as it's super cheap :-)

on 3/19/2008 12:12:00 PM

This has been my HG fragrance since 1993, when I got a whiff of it on a fellow counselor at arts camp...A drop rubbed on my wrist pulse, and on the back of my neck is part of my morning post-shower ritual...it's virtually the only "perfume" ever that doesn't give me a headache (cloying, flowery smells make me nauseated & headachey).
White Musk is a lovely light musk -- not too heavy, but not overly "girly" -- it's a sexy, sophisticated scent that doesn't scream "I'm wearing perfume!!!". & I've found that guys seem to really love this...

on 6/16/2007 4:55:00 PM

my boyfriend really loves this smell on me. he cant get enough of it. i wear it when i want to feel sexy. a great find!

on 5/1/2007 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This perfume oil exudes sexuality. When I wear it, every guy I come in contact with remarks on it. It's almost like they are drawn to it. It lasts forever and does get stronger in the heat- so tread lightly in the summer. But, I love to wear it on a summer night, it even adds a little sheen to your skin. I can't say enough about this stuff- when you want to feel sexy, nothing does it like this product.

I wear this fragrance everyday, its sexy and not overpowering, i think the oil lasts longer on your skin than a spray . I only put it on once a day and the smell is still there at night would recommend this to everyone that likes to smell sexy and good .

I love this scent, it's a classic that brings me right back to high school! It reminds me of innocence! The only problem I had was that the oil caused the occasional pimple on my chest, so I made the switch to the spray (which unfortunately does not last as long!)

Popular Fragrances