The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm mixed about this perfume. I like some other white musks better (specifically the kinds you can very easy get off eBay cheap that are generic or the brand "Fresh + Pretty" white Musk) becoz I swear I'm anosmic to this, I can't smell it after ten seconds. I have to douse myself in this. I normally can't smell myself after 5 minutes this is normal I am assured that is "normal" & "u wear perfume for others" (wth?????????!!) but this is especially frustrating becoz I wear the body wash, body cream, edt & oil all together I am probably bowling people over & I wouldn't know it even. I wish I could smell this on myself. My mom can smell it on me & it's not her fave she says. She liked Dior addict on me & jadore. I think I'll stick w my generic white Musk it's like $7 for 1/3oz & TBS was $20 on eBay. Shameful as it's the prettiest scent so transient thou!! ;/

on 7/27/2014 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really really really really like this perfume oil! I've read that other people say that it is a very popular perfume and you often find people wearing it, but I have never smelled this on anyone. Maybe I just live in a country where The Body Shop isn't too popular (in addition to having few stores, argh!). To me it smells like white soap. I actually have a white coloured drugstore soap and it smells exactly the same way. Really it does. However after that the smell of the soap goes away, of course, like a soap should. This perfume oil, however, lasts. After the initial "white, clean soap" smell goes away, it smells more sensual. It's not overpowering, when you wear it people will smell it but they won't even know that it's you! I was wearing it one day in a room and people all started commenting on how come the room smelled like incense? The nice, authentic kind of incense that you smell in cathedrals, not the fake plastic kind. I also love the bottle, with the wand on the lid it's sooo easy to apply!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

There was a great online sale at the Body Shop's website on perfume oils. I had never tried oils before so I blind bought some, including the 30 ML bottle of White Musk oil.

First off, I love the bottle. The wand attached to the lid makes application easy and not messy. And the scent, omg! It's so warm, sensual and sexy with a hint of edge. It's a bit strong when you first put it on (you only need a dab). Then after awhile it settles down and lasts the whole day. My skin didn't react negatively at all. This bottle is going to last a long time! It's the kind of scent you can wear anywhere: shopping, going out, after a shower, to bed. Also wear it in any season.

I would recommend this to any lady. If you haven't tried perfume oils before, I recommend trying all the Body Shop's Scents of the World collection. I loved this one so much that I bought the matching body mist.

on 10/13/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This isn't as good as a remember. It use to really meld with my body leaving a fresh clean smell. This new formulation is more arid and harsh smelling. Unfortunately, I bought two bottles without testing it first. I've been able to save this though by mixing it with a little of The Body Shop Vanilla EDT. However, I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Do we really need another White Musk review? Probably not but you are getting one anyway. I detested this in my youth, probably because everyone wore either White Musk, Dewberry or Fuzzy Peach and every teenage disco reeked of a fruity musky melange mixed with various other hormonal teenage smells *shudder*. I, of course was difficult and a budding perfumista and wouldn't have been caught dead wearing something so 'common'.

Anyhoo, roll forward twenty years and I am given a mini White Musk set as a gift and low and behold I fall in love with the shower gel. I love the texture, the sudsiness and the subtle scent it leaves on my skin.

This experience led me to swapping for the perfume oil. While pleasant, it just does not capture my fancy quite as much as the shower gel. It has definitely been reformulated in the intervening decades (it no longer possesses the ability to suck all oxygen from the air within a six foot radius) and I believe that is a good thing. It just smells safe and tedious and I really should have trusted my initial juvenile impression.

Oh and what did I wear to the teenage discos? Paloma Picasso of course!!!

on 11/28/2011 12:43:00 PM

I adore this perfume oil. It's so much softer than the edt that makes me cough and smells too much like alcohol. This is a sexy, soft skin scent that everyone I know finds appealing. A little 15 ml bottle I've had for about 5 yeas is still going strong and you only need a tiny amount to make you smell divine. I love this and I would definately be buying again and again and again. I'm just very dissappointed that Body Shop decided to discontinue ALL perfume oils. They discontinued the lovely old vanilla perfume oil that I wore in my early teens and now the white musk that I've been wearing for 5 years. Makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with the people at The Body Shop. Don't they want customers? Don't they want to make money? Then why are you discontinuing your best products? Perfume oils were the only reason that kept me going back to them, but no more.

on 1/4/2009 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love putting this underneath my mure et musc extreme, it makes it "muskier" and last longer. I don`t like wearing this on its own, I find it to be too old-lady-like. But as a base for any fruity or floral scents it`s PERFECT!

on 10/8/2008 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVED this when I tried it in the store! I didn't think I would like it because of the musk, but it is delightfully tolerable! It's a very intimate fragrance and the exact opposite of anything floral or overly feminine/sweet smelling. I'm not really into perfumes usually and this suits me perfectly - I would feel quite comfortable wearing this daily.

on 1/18/2008 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I despise this fragrance. All I can say is disgusting. It smells like a cheap version of Chanel No.5. It smells very very old ladyish and just all around nasty, it smells like a mistake, like, as if they spilt some old lady perfume and it landed in this bottle. I couldn't believe this was the same fragrance everyone was raving about, so I went back into TBS a week later to make sure the one I smelt was actually White Musk, it was. I spayed some on my skin hoping it would smell better when it was on my skin, but no. I honestly could not believe everyone likes this so much. I will say the staying power is good, which is unfortunate because I want to get this disgusting scent off me.

on 6/24/2007 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't like the White Musk EDT, but I love the perfume oil, it's one of my Top 3 favorites...my mom's favorite signature scent too...and this is one scent that any woman or girl at any age can wear..it's feminine, clean, light and sensual too ;) great as an everyday fragrance! however, as i know many women who love and wear this fragrance, i'd prefer not to smell like them...its an easily recognizable scent...so my signature oil is woody sandalwood or cinnamon spice...i still love this one though, and i only wish it weren't so popular! lol!

Popular Fragrances