The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

Filtered by hair type : Other
The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

on 5/21/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have the old version (2007ish) of this that is in the clear, rounded bottle. It is in the same vein as Philosophy's Amazing Grace or Avon Sweet Honesty. Its a very clean inoffensive smell that melds with the skin. I've tried the newer version and although it is similar, it seems more synthetic and cloying. Love the old version and would buy up more bottles if I could find them!

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

The Body Shop White Musk Oil is very long lasting, its still very much there after putting some on before going to bed, getting up in the morning and it still smells good. What I like is that it does not change into something else, I know some people like a perfume to change but I prefer what you first apply is what you get and that is what to expect from White musk. The sillage is medium/good.
I would describe this as feminine and velvety smooth. Suitable to wear for intimate situations, work or anytime to enjoy this cozy scent, its lovely.

on 12/17/2014 5:29:00 AM

Once this oil has melted into your skin, it leaves behind the most soft, powdery, warm and feminine scent trail. It lasts all day on me (I have gotten compliments 6 hours into wearing it!) and is one of very few scents that hasn't been messed with throughout the years. I've been wearing it regularly year round for 26 years and it still smells sexy, warm and clean, in a non-perfumey way. People around me think 'something smells really nice in here', instead of: 'I like your perfume.'

When I wear it, I feel enveloped by its subtle warm powdery softness; it's my number one comfort scent. It's also perfect on days I want to make sure my scent does not overpower someone (dentist, doctor, long car ride, etc.). A little dab goes a long way, so I'm sure my newly purchased bottle will last for ages. Oh, and I prefer the newer purple bottle with the applicator to the smaller transparent one. The latter just feels a bit too 'teeny bopperish' for a grown woman. ;-)

I hope they'll never discontinue this intoxicating oil!

on 8/15/2013 1:09:00 PM

I used to wear this perfume oil in college all the time then it sort of slipped away from me. A few years ago I smelled it on someone passing by and realized how much I missed this scent. It is such a clean, refreshing, unique scent, but it is something that you can wear everyday and it is pretty versatile. It is musky and woodsy, and it is also a combination of sexy and sweet. Very good for wearing almost anywhere, at work, on a date, out with friends, at the gym, out shopping, etc. The price point is great and because it is an oil, it lasts a long time (unless you spill the bottle :-) ).

on 4/16/2013 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

warm, sensual and sexy....I mix it with D&G Light Blue and OMG

on 4/17/2011 8:56:00 AM

I wore this aged 16 to 18 in the 80's and it takes me straight back, was popular then. Still a lovely soft fresh musk and literally decades later old boyfriends remember it as my smell. The oil is softer and nicer in my opinion.

on 7/18/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love this. I mix it into body lotion and it's light and lasts all day. This is one of the few scents I've worn that always gets compliments, but doesn't smell perfume-y.

on 4/15/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this now for over 15 years. Love this scent. It's more of a floral scent, like what others have said, it's not really musky. Everyone has always complimented on the scent and then they are always surprised when I tell them what it is. They all say the same thing - they hate white musk but they love how it smells on me. Each person's skin chemistry is really different I guess:) I tried other perfumes but I just keep coming back to this one:) Will be a lifetime customer for this one product:)

on 10/17/2009 1:29:00 PM

One of my favourite fragrances I have constantly bought since junior high school. Love this smell! It is a soft, floral, & feminine musky fragrance that is absolutely beautiful. Very versatile (all the oils are really) as I like to add a few drops to lotions, bath bubbles, and liquid hand soaps to easily fragrance them. Plus this oil is relatively inexpensive and you don't need a lot of product either.

on 8/31/2009 10:21:00 PM

I tried this a few times back in my high school days and it never did much for me, for me it was all about the vanilla (still is).
So when I recently got a sample of this, I wasn't very excited. I've been getting into musks in a big way lately and I was interested to see how it compared. It's a nice pretty soft and clean white musk. Its a touch powdery and floral, but it's not soapy which I'm happy about.

Popular Fragrances