The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After slowly becoming a lover of musks, I knew I had to purchase this. And at $16, it was not really something I would worry about if I hated (I know my mom would take it!). Anyway, I tried it on in the store and didn't think much of it. It was really powdery and had a strong edge to it. I figured I would browse the store while I waited for it to calm down. I'm glad I did! Once you give it time to meld with your skin, it becomes a soft and clean scent that is just lovely. It's in no way over-the-top, and I feel like this would be the perfect scent to wear when you don't want your perfume to enter the room before you do.

Also, I love the way they package the oil (I buy the one in the small white bottle). There is a rubber-like flat stick that is attached to the lid that is absolutely perfect for applying the oil. It makes it much easier than having to tip the bottle over and risk spilling it!

Love.

on 10/13/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This isn't as good as a remember. It use to really meld with my body leaving a fresh clean smell. This new formulation is more arid and harsh smelling. Unfortunately, I bought two bottles without testing it first. I've been able to save this though by mixing it with a little of The Body Shop Vanilla EDT. However, I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Eyes: Violet

I sought out this perfume based on all the glorious reviews here. I had always loved natural oil scents because they contain fewer chemicals. I am migraine prone so this was the choice for me. I was in love with Alyssa Ashley's White musk oil and I was hoping this would be a replacement. Sadly this fragrance smells heavy and offensive to me. It's nothing like the light white musk oil from alyssa ashley. I had to wipe and wash the sample off my wrist simply because the scent was not tolerable. This scent is not soft feminine at all. It's sharp acrid and almost pungent in heaviness. best for mature demographic or those not sensitive to strong smell. Here is how the manufacturer described this fragrant oil:

It opens with notes of ylang-ylang, galbanum and basil, followed by the heart of jasmine, rose, musk and lily,and settling at the base dominated by musk along with jasmine, rose, iris, amber, patchouli, vetiver, peach, oakmoss and vanilla

those that do not like strong musky ambery may want to stay away from this. I get migraines from amber fragrant.

on 11/10/2011 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Defnitely a *white* musk. If you almost liked Kiehls but thought it wasn't clean and soapy enough then this is for you.

on 12/8/2009 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Lightly floral and musky, everybody should try this. This scent even fades away nicely, and it doesn't leave any weird smells on my skin as it fades.

Unfortunately, this scent doesn't last that long, despite it being a perfume oil. Maybe because I'm living in a tropical climate. The lasting power of most perfumes (other than super strong orientals) tend to be poor.

This is a scent I would wear to bed on a cold day. It's comforting and relaxing. Not a sexy scent.

on 6/1/2009 8:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE the scent of TBS White Musk perfume oil, and I was soooo gutted when I noticed that it irritates my skin very badly! Please PM me, if you can suggest an EdT or EdP that is close to the scent of this perfume oil. I don't think TBS White Musk EdT isn't quite the same which is a shame too.

on 1/4/2009 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love putting this underneath my mure et musc extreme, it makes it "muskier" and last longer. I don`t like wearing this on its own, I find it to be too old-lady-like. But as a base for any fruity or floral scents it`s PERFECT!

on 7/19/2008 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love this! it smells lovely and comforting. my boyfriend loves it hehe. i get alot of compliments when i wear it, and it also lasts for ages.

however, be careful not to put too much on it as it will give you a headache =S

UPDATE: after a while this gets abit sickening and old-ladyish. maybe it was just too mature for me.

I'd have to say, this is my HG fragrance. I wear this all the time, and get quite a few compliments on it when I do. It's very smooth, woody, and of course, musky. I love how it's such an earthy scent but still smells very feminine. A dab on my pulse points lasts for a whole day, and it's relativly cheap for a perfume. Gorgeous:)

Popular Fragrances