The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

Eyes: Violet

I sought out this perfume based on all the glorious reviews here. I had always loved natural oil scents because they contain fewer chemicals. I am migraine prone so this was the choice for me. I was in love with Alyssa Ashley's White musk oil and I was hoping this would be a replacement. Sadly this fragrance smells heavy and offensive to me. It's nothing like the light white musk oil from alyssa ashley. I had to wipe and wash the sample off my wrist simply because the scent was not tolerable. This scent is not soft feminine at all. It's sharp acrid and almost pungent in heaviness. best for mature demographic or those not sensitive to strong smell. Here is how the manufacturer described this fragrant oil:

It opens with notes of ylang-ylang, galbanum and basil, followed by the heart of jasmine, rose, musk and lily,and settling at the base dominated by musk along with jasmine, rose, iris, amber, patchouli, vetiver, peach, oakmoss and vanilla

those that do not like strong musky ambery may want to stay away from this. I get migraines from amber fragrant.

on 1/18/2008 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I despise this fragrance. All I can say is disgusting. It smells like a cheap version of Chanel No.5. It smells very very old ladyish and just all around nasty, it smells like a mistake, like, as if they spilt some old lady perfume and it landed in this bottle. I couldn't believe this was the same fragrance everyone was raving about, so I went back into TBS a week later to make sure the one I smelt was actually White Musk, it was. I spayed some on my skin hoping it would smell better when it was on my skin, but no. I honestly could not believe everyone likes this so much. I will say the staying power is good, which is unfortunate because I want to get this disgusting scent off me.

I hated the smell of this stuff. It really struck me as "old lady/powdery". I will say it had great staying power but I couldn't wait to go home and shower to get the smell off. I would never buy this again and I do not have a picky nose.

Do we really need another White Musk review? Probably not but you are getting one anyway. I detested this in my youth, probably because everyone wore either White Musk, Dewberry or Fuzzy Peach and every teenage disco reeked of a fruity musky melange mixed with various other hormonal teenage smells *shudder*. I, of course was difficult and a budding perfumista and wouldn't have been caught dead wearing something so 'common'.

Anyhoo, roll forward twenty years and I am given a mini White Musk set as a gift and low and behold I fall in love with the shower gel. I love the texture, the sudsiness and the subtle scent it leaves on my skin.

This experience led me to swapping for the perfume oil. While pleasant, it just does not capture my fancy quite as much as the shower gel. It has definitely been reformulated in the intervening decades (it no longer possesses the ability to suck all oxygen from the air within a six foot radius) and I believe that is a good thing. It just smells safe and tedious and I really should have trusted my initial juvenile impression.

Oh and what did I wear to the teenage discos? Paloma Picasso of course!!!

on 8/31/2009 10:21:00 PM

I tried this a few times back in my high school days and it never did much for me, for me it was all about the vanilla (still is).
So when I recently got a sample of this, I wasn't very excited. I've been getting into musks in a big way lately and I was interested to see how it compared. It's a nice pretty soft and clean white musk. Its a touch powdery and floral, but it's not soapy which I'm happy about.

on 6/1/2009 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE the scent of TBS White Musk perfume oil, and I was soooo gutted when I noticed that it irritates my skin very badly! Please PM me, if you can suggest an EdT or EdP that is close to the scent of this perfume oil. I don't think TBS White Musk EdT isn't quite the same which is a shame too.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

The Body Shop White Musk Oil is very long lasting, its still very much there after putting some on before going to bed, getting up in the morning and it still smells good. What I like is that it does not change into something else, I know some people like a perfume to change but I prefer what you first apply is what you get and that is what to expect from White musk. The sillage is medium/good.
I would describe this as feminine and velvety smooth. Suitable to wear for intimate situations, work or anytime to enjoy this cozy scent, its lovely.

on 10/13/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This isn't as good as a remember. It use to really meld with my body leaving a fresh clean smell. This new formulation is more arid and harsh smelling. Unfortunately, I bought two bottles without testing it first. I've been able to save this though by mixing it with a little of The Body Shop Vanilla EDT. However, I probably wouldn't repurchase.

on 11/10/2011 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Defnitely a *white* musk. If you almost liked Kiehls but thought it wasn't clean and soapy enough then this is for you.

on 3/2/2010 11:03:00 AM

Not a fan of the white musk oil. There is a strong note that overpowers the musk in this scent. I stopped wearing it after my bf told me I smelled like Aqua Velva.

Popular Fragrances