The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

on 9/1/2004 4:46:00 PM

Very light for a musk. I've smelled all the perfume oils, b/c I read here that they last a long time, and this was the lightest and prettiest. Not really musky at all, in fact. I like how unique this is, compared to other musks. To me, musks = heavy. This is very heat-activated, so I don't recommend for warm weather. Other than all that it was great, but I won't buy again.

on 11/23/2004 12:36:00 AM

This is the only musky perfume I like! That pretty much says it all!

perfect fall/winter fragrance! warm, inviting, absolutely intoxicating and my signature fragrance during the cooler months. 1 bottle will last you forever and since it doesn't have alcohol it doesn't fade as quickly and is better for your skin.

on 6/21/2005 9:26:00 PM

A great white musk, soft and a bit powdery and easy to wear. People who usually don't like musks might go for this because it's soft and wearable, not animalic and strong the way some musks can be. Great price, too, and a staple in my collection.

I hated the smell of this stuff. It really struck me as "old lady/powdery". I will say it had great staying power but I couldn't wait to go home and shower to get the smell off. I would never buy this again and I do not have a picky nose.

on 9/21/2005 11:27:00 AM

Soft, warm floral powder musk scent that isn't overpowering, just very clean and classic smelling. Best for fall/winter because it's so cozy and warm. The best is the drydown, so if you can get past the initial strong smell, it's worth it. I remember this when I was in high school. I'm 31 now and still like it. Works great with my body chemistry, doesn't smell old-ladyish at all. But I guess it all depends on your body chemistry. I especially like to put the oil on before bedtime, I sleep like a baby with this stuff. Must be the warm musk. I use the body spray or edt during the summer months. A very comforting fragrance. Smells divine too when layered with TBS Vanilla oil.

on 10/19/2005 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I must start out by saying I am a total fragrance snob. I use very expensive fragrances from L'artisan, Serge Lutens, Diptyque to Frederic Malle. And I must say that I just love, love, love the white musk oil. It is so sexy so beautiful. When I wear it I feel like I am floating on a big cloud. It is such a comforting, soft musk scent. My first fave is Clair Du Musc and this is a close second. Did I mention it is DIRT CHEAP and lasts on the skin. Every girl should own this wonderful scent. I discovered this scent about 9 years ago when I heard that Kate Moss and some other models love this. So I had to run out and try it. And loved it ever since. You just can't go wrong with this one.

on 12/12/2005 3:01:00 PM

I'm kinda torn about this one. I do think it is delightful when I'm in the mood for it--breezily fresh and warm at the same time; just soapy enough to smell very clean, but not too floral (I don't get any powder at all). The initial burst is off-puttingly sharp, but that goes away very quickly and one is left with a lovely, feminine skin scent that lasts and lasts and lasts. Other times, it--like so many other musks--overwhelms and nauseates me. It has something to do with my chemistry, I guess--musks tend to be amplified on me. Plus, I think musks get stronger depending on body temperature so this is not something I'd want to wear in the summer heat. But sometimes this is very nice and the oil is very cheap, so it's no great loss. When will I learn that musks smell better in the bottle and on other people (from whom I can eventually run away) than on me? I swear this is the last one.... continued >>

soft,sexy,clean and everlasting...i don't recognize myself without it!

Ahhh... I have always had difficulty with choosing perfume. I always find something I don't like about it, but this one I truly adore. I tried this on in The Body Shop, and at first I disliked it, but once the sharp note disappeared, all that was left was a non-perfumey feminine clean, soft scent that was, as everyone has already said, both fresh and warm smelling at the same time. The lasting power is AMAZING. If you want a scent that is reliable and beautiful, go for White Musk!

Popular Fragrances