The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

Filtered by age: 36-43
The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm mixed about this perfume. I like some other white musks better (specifically the kinds you can very easy get off eBay cheap that are generic or the brand "Fresh + Pretty" white Musk) becoz I swear I'm anosmic to this, I can't smell it after ten seconds. I have to douse myself in this. I normally can't smell myself after 5 minutes this is normal I am assured that is "normal" & "u wear perfume for others" (wth?????????!!) but this is especially frustrating becoz I wear the body wash, body cream, edt & oil all together I am probably bowling people over & I wouldn't know it even. I wish I could smell this on myself. My mom can smell it on me & it's not her fave she says. She liked Dior addict on me & jadore. I think I'll stick w my generic white Musk it's like $7 for 1/3oz & TBS was $20 on eBay. Shameful as it's the prettiest scent so transient thou!! ;/

on 12/17/2014 5:29:00 AM

Once this oil has melted into your skin, it leaves behind the most soft, powdery, warm and feminine scent trail. It lasts all day on me (I have gotten compliments 6 hours into wearing it!) and is one of very few scents that hasn't been messed with throughout the years. I've been wearing it regularly year round for 26 years and it still smells sexy, warm and clean, in a non-perfumey way. People around me think 'something smells really nice in here', instead of: 'I like your perfume.'

When I wear it, I feel enveloped by its subtle warm powdery softness; it's my number one comfort scent. It's also perfect on days I want to make sure my scent does not overpower someone (dentist, doctor, long car ride, etc.). A little dab goes a long way, so I'm sure my newly purchased bottle will last for ages. Oh, and I prefer the newer purple bottle with the applicator to the smaller transparent one. The latter just feels a bit too 'teeny bopperish' for a grown woman. ;-)

I hope they'll never discontinue this intoxicating oil!

on 7/27/2014 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really really really really like this perfume oil! I've read that other people say that it is a very popular perfume and you often find people wearing it, but I have never smelled this on anyone. Maybe I just live in a country where The Body Shop isn't too popular (in addition to having few stores, argh!). To me it smells like white soap. I actually have a white coloured drugstore soap and it smells exactly the same way. Really it does. However after that the smell of the soap goes away, of course, like a soap should. This perfume oil, however, lasts. After the initial "white, clean soap" smell goes away, it smells more sensual. It's not overpowering, when you wear it people will smell it but they won't even know that it's you! I was wearing it one day in a room and people all started commenting on how come the room smelled like incense? The nice, authentic kind of incense that you smell in cathedrals, not the fake plastic kind. I also love the bottle, with the wand on the lid it's sooo easy to apply!

on 8/15/2013 1:09:00 PM

I used to wear this perfume oil in college all the time then it sort of slipped away from me. A few years ago I smelled it on someone passing by and realized how much I missed this scent. It is such a clean, refreshing, unique scent, but it is something that you can wear everyday and it is pretty versatile. It is musky and woodsy, and it is also a combination of sexy and sweet. Very good for wearing almost anywhere, at work, on a date, out with friends, at the gym, out shopping, etc. The price point is great and because it is an oil, it lasts a long time (unless you spill the bottle :-) ).

on 4/17/2011 8:56:00 AM

I wore this aged 16 to 18 in the 80's and it takes me straight back, was popular then. Still a lovely soft fresh musk and literally decades later old boyfriends remember it as my smell. The oil is softer and nicer in my opinion.

on 11/10/2010 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Love, love, love! My favorite perfume ever. I use it daily and also add a spritz of the l'eau d'toilette spray before I leave the house.

Good value for the money compared to department store perfumes. The Body Shop also often has sales for buy one get one half off, etc.

on 6/13/2009 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like most "white" (or clean, soapy) musks, this oil is initially brash and strong, but softens considerably as it melts into the skin. Unlike Kiehl's Musk, which is more floral and slightly dirty-smelling, this musk remains "good" all the way down, but is never too sweet, insipid, or screechy-soapy. Perfect for summer daytime wear or a nice subtle comfort scent. This is unchallenging, but nicer than some other white musks I've tried.

on 3/19/2008 12:12:00 PM

This has been my HG fragrance since 1993, when I got a whiff of it on a fellow counselor at arts camp...A drop rubbed on my wrist pulse, and on the back of my neck is part of my morning post-shower ritual...it's virtually the only "perfume" ever that doesn't give me a headache (cloying, flowery smells make me nauseated & headachey).
White Musk is a lovely light musk -- not too heavy, but not overly "girly" -- it's a sexy, sophisticated scent that doesn't scream "I'm wearing perfume!!!". & I've found that guys seem to really love this...

Popular Fragrances