Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula jar

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula jar
Cocoa Butter Formula jar

4.3

Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carotene.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG alert!

I love everything about this product, from the way the container is shaped (you can easily get every last bit) to how effective it is at moisturizing and helping with stretch marks.

It's perfect for traveling, has a pleasant light smell (like the beach), and wastes no time revitalizing your skin. The formula looks like vaseline, but feels like a cross between that and coconut oil.

It's perfect, simple and quite affordable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this since I got pregnant and I'm now 28 weeks pregnant and can say I haven't gotten a single stretch mark yet! I use this at night after I shower on my stomach, sides, and upper thighs. It stays tacky and keeps the skin moisturized, so I wouldn't put this on before starting my day because I could see it seeping onto your clothes. The price is a little high for me when you see how small the jar is, but it's lasted my my entire pregnancy so far, so I can't complain about that too much.

on 7/27/2015 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Cocoa Butter. The smell is yummy. I used this in my twenties for after Sun care. It really does work to keep the skin all soft but not on the face. It is too thick and greasy for most there and on me it caused some blemishes. I use it mainly for my feet in the Winter now. I do have the cream as well and find it works in a bit easier. Some people swear by this and only this. This line has a lot of great products. I recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Scent is so nice if you are cocoa butter fan.
It is a nice moisturizer but I would keep away from face as it can cause blemishes it is also heavy and can be greasy.
It did nothing for stretch marks to prevent or heal.
No improvement in scars either.
It comes in an almost solid form and melts into the skin as you rub it in.
It is nice but a hassle I rather use a regular lotion as its more convenient.

on 7/8/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Fantastic. When I started using this, it smoothed and sort of blurred my skin so that it had an even tone. Fine lines disappear, just healthy skin. I use it all over, including face. It works great under my powder foundation. It smells like chocolate and is a luxurious pleasure to use year round. Very cheap. Great moisturization. I like that it's a thick butter in the tub so you can get every last bit and just the amount you need. I doubt I'll use anything else, and I've tried a lot. Between using this, Buf Puf, and Stridex pads, my skin is looking the best it ever has. Brighter, less discoloration, scars, undereye circles. If I want, I can now get by without makeup and look glowy.

on 3/24/2015 10:38:00 AM

This is my moisturizer of choice: makes my skin velvety all day and smells like the sweetest chocolate milk. The price is reasonable, the formulation is pretty nice and straight forward without too many chemicals, what more can you ask for? Although it comes as a solid in the jar, it melts at body temperature and I just absolutely love the fragrance it gives off as you massage it in.

on 3/24/2015 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Since I ran out of my last moisturizer, I did some research on the internet to see if I can find anything simpler and better. This product was highly recommended pretty much everywhere, and after seeing the price tag I decided to give it a go and bought it on Amazon.

To someone like me who has incredibly dry, sensitive skin, this was like a gift from heaven. When you rub it in (the texture is very, very thick), your skin is literally moisturized for the day (which has never happened to me before), and on the next day it's still fine.
Especially if you do it after you take a shower - it really locks the moisture in.

One jar will last you a while, and it has a great, clean scent of chocolate. I don't think it's too perfumed: if it was, my skin would be protesting the second I put it on. Sometimes, I rub it onto my hands just for the smell. I can see this definitely becoming a staple in my skin care!

on 11/6/2014 10:14:00 AM

Wow! What a great, easily obtainable, and low cost product that actually performs! This butter is absolute bliss for dry, itchy skin. I love the cocoa butter scent. It is multi-purpose too. I use it immediately after a shower or bath and it soaks into the skin fairly quickly. I use it as a lip balm, facial moisturizer at night on occasion, and on the dry ends of my hair in a pinch. Anywhere on your body that you have dry skin (or hair) it is a wonderful product. For $3 and change for a jar...you just can't beat the price. Plus I love the fact that Palmer's does not test on little critters. If you like a very moisturizing, rich butter it's a must-have.

on 9/23/2014 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Palmer's Cocoa Butter has been a staple in my mother's beauty cabinet since childhood. It's a product that does exactly what it says it'll do.

So it's no wonder why I returned to the product that has never failed me. I use it everywhere and anywhere on my body where I need to blend marks.

This one is greasier and harder in texture; not creamy like the others, but IT WORKS.

I even dab a bit underneath my eyes nightly to lighten, brighten, and blend dark circles and nothing on the market, in my opinion, does this better than Cocoa Butter.

I love this stuff.

on 7/23/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Reasonably priced intensive moisturizer for hands, cuticles, feet, elbows and dry patches of skin. The product feels a bit greasy initially but sinks in quickly, compared to other really thick occlusive moisturizers such as Aquaphor or intensive Vaseline rescue cream.

The smell isn't the greatest. To me it smells like cocoa butter mixed with artificial rose water. Thankfully it fades,

Personally, I like that the formula has mineral oil in it because I feel that it locks in moisture much more effectively than cocoa butter does on its own.

Popular Body Skincare Products