Chanel No 5 After Bath Powder

Chanel No 5 After Bath Powder
No 5 After Bath PowderNo 5 After Bath Powder

4.8

Just got this home after reading so many positive reviews, and wow is this ever soft and lovely.
Perfect for those with spray perfume sensitivities who still prefer to smell nice.
As one reviewer commented, it's number 5 without the aldehydes.

This is one of the nicest powders I have ever used. It has a softer scent of the No.5 perfume and is extremely fine. It comes with a really soft powder puff which really helps to apply it all over the body quickly, however I sometimes use a large powder brush when applying to my neck.
This was 50 and it has definitely lasted me a really long time - a really good purchase. Also complements the soap and perfume if you want to intensify the smell.

There is a small booklet which comes with the powder and it says:

'after body bath powder
the no5 perfuming ritual: three moments for the bath, the body and the senses.
the ritual for the senses makes the no5 experience an exceptional moment of femininity. At the heart of this ritual, the no5 powder has an appealing fine and smooth texturethat is delicately and sensually caressed over the entire body. Light and airy, its supple veil, like a scented cloud, prolongs the trail of scent.
The secret of the powder? it leaves the skin soft, delicately powdered and subtly scented.'

I love Chanel no. 5, but have never purchased the perfume since the scent is so universal and, frankly, a little too mature for me right now (I'm only 23). However, I was very anxious to try the after-bath powder when hearing it was the toned-down, softer version of the perfume.

The scent of this powder is very refreshing and not offensive or cloying at all. It's a very lovely scent actually, and seems to perfectly capture the essence of femininity. I like using it after a shower/bath (duh) around my neckline in particular. The staying power of this is amazing--even toward the end of my work day I'll periodically catch a whiff of it, which is a pleasant comfort. I don't even bother wearing perfume on days I use this, and I have still gotten comments about how fresh and lovely I smell.

I keep my powder stored in a vintage powder jar. Even the application of the powder seems a luxury. As many others have described, it goes on silky smooth and makes my skin feel soft.
I was a bit skeptical about the point of body powder for a while, but after using this, I'm afraid I'll never be without it again. The sheer luxury of the product combined with the lovely scent and how soft it makes my skin is more than enough to make me a fan.

This powder would make a really splendid gift (I should know--that was how I got mine!) or be an excellent thing to splurge on for yourself. It's expensive, but worth every penny. (If I hadn't gotten mine as a gift when I did, I would have caved soon enough and bought it for myself!)

on 9/3/2010 12:52:00 PM

I've never been a fan of the No. 5 fragrance - the perfume always just was "too too". However, this summer in the terrible high temps and humidity, I really wanted to try some soothing bath powder (not drug store brand) to get rid of the "stickiness" before bed. I splurged and ordered this. WOW - INSTANT LOVE. The smell was so wonderful - not that overpowering sicky sweet smell I remembered from years ago. But the powder is so finely milled and has a slight pinky sheen (not too much!) and feels amazing on your body ladies. This is one of my favorite "me splurges" ever! I'm definintely trying the No. 5 body mist next.

Question: If you have this product, how exactly to you use that little screen thingey it came with? I somehow end up getting the powder everywhere no matter what I do. No instructions were supplied. Thanks!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am so happy Chanel brought back bath powders! I've always worn No. 5 and enjoyed the body cream and powder- -both are perfect for enjoying the scent, but not being overwhelming to others. I love, love, love this! A real treat and worth every dollar!

enjoy!

on 5/17/2009 4:05:00 PM

I just purchased a bath powder for coco mademoiselle, but am confused about how I am supposed to open the package as it is in loose powder form. Do I poke holes through the plastic, or remove the entire film?

Thanks to reviewers here I bought this powder again. I used to have it all the time but somehow I'd stopped and forgotten all about it. So I now have it waiting for me after my shower. The scent took me so far back into the past. It smells wonderful. I used to wear the #5 perfume but this is different. It's softer but with staying power. I'll use it at night and then the next day, every once in awhile, I get this soft whiff of it and it makes me smile because it just smells that good. Like what a female should smell like and I would think, what a man would like a woman to smell like because it's so soft that it's there but it's not. It also makes your skin feel like silk but never drying, even in winter.

on 3/16/2009 3:50:00 PM

Truly incredible. The ultimate pampering product. Everyone who said this will last forever is right!!

No. 5 is a beautiful fragrance but not something I wear frequently as I prefer the Cuir de Russie. However, I thought it would be a perfect soft scent for a body powder. The powder is cornstarch based so it feels lovely and silky smooth. The fragrance is fairly true to the EDT...a little more powdery and less complex but delightful all the same. I can't want to wake up in bedsheets that smell of this!

My grandpa gave this to my mom in the seventies--completely different packaging then, and my mom always had it around the house when I was little so the smell to me is associated with comfort and security. I just graduated from college and I decided to buy myself my own after bath powder. The light pink powder is packed in very well so it looks like it will last a long time. The powder is absorbed quckly by my skin right after a shower, and my skin feels and smells so soft. Since I am only 22, I don't really wear Chanel No 5. EDP on a regular basis--sometimes I wear it before bed since I love how it smells, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone during the day. However, this powder, is so light and smells so nice, I feel confident wearing it as a perfume. I recommend this to anyone who uses powder out of the bath. It's expensive, but it will last forever...my mom has had hers since the 70s ;)

Popular Body Skincare Products