Weleda Aknedoron - Natural Care for Teenage Skin

No Image

3.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Weleda, you confuse me. Why is this listed under moisturizer? And why are all your bottles so similar looking? (Is it just me?) I'd love to buy this product again but it's hard to find and I get it confused with the one in the navy blue wavy bottle which is the Deep Cleanser somethingorother. I'm reviewing the cleansing lotion in the straight up and down blue glass bottle, unless they've changed the packaging and label - in which case, I'm more confused than before I started this review!

ANYWAY

This stuff is amazing. I got my roommate into it too after she saw how well it cleared up my skin. To me it smells like orange creamsicle, I actually found it soothing and loved putting it on in the morning. You have to shake up the product otherwise it comes out as a yellow oil and when shaken up it's more of an off whitish runny lotion. I used this once a day as a toner (so, not as directed) instead of washing it off because that would be wayyyy too drying. It really gets the grime off my face but is not uncomfortably tight after. I've also used it on my neck and chest with no problems.

This stuff works fast on blackheads and dries up pimples overnight. I know this sounds too good to be true but it really worked miracles for me! My skin was more balanced and had such a lovely glow whenever I'd use this; my large pores would shrink immediately and whatever clogged pores I did have were easy to extract the next day. I don't recommend this for anyone but those with OILY skin.

I'm totally confused as to how a product packed with essential oils (which are more irritating than anything) has the ability to do this. I'm weary of lines like Decleor (more aromatherapy than skin care IMHO) which are nothing but essential oils but Weleda gets a big thumbs up from me. (I've tried other Weleda products - they're excellent).

I used up a whole bottle and have been looking out for another one. They've either repackaged it or relabelled it or perhaps it's labelled differently in the US and abroad? I'd love to find this again. My bottle says Weleda Aknedoron Cleansing Lotion and it's for teenage skin.

I've waited a while to review this product as I wanted to see how it stood the test of time. After 7 months of using Aknedoron, this continues to be my Holy Grail skin product. I have moderate, but persistent acne and this is the only treatment I've tried that makes a real difference without any unfortunate side effects. I mostly use it at night and it always dries out any spots I've got without drying out my skin in general. I first bought this after I went to Saturnia in Tuscany, which is a sulphurous pool. I was amazed at how my spots dried out after spending time in the pool and decided to find a product that contained sulphur. I actually quite like the smell of Aknedoron. It smells like something from a medieval apothecary, which quite appeals to me! Someone else on here recommended using it on the bikini line after de-fuzzing to prevent rashes or spots appearing, and this really works! Honestly I can't gush about this product enough. And the little green glass bottle is very pleasing too.

on 2/6/2010 2:26:00 PM

As a previous reviewer stated: this is not just for teenage skin - in fact, I can't see "teenage skin" eing mentioned anywhere on the packages. I got both the cleanser and the toner; in respectively a blue and a green glass bottle. I love the bottles! I was so excited about the cleanser at first; lovely smell of essential oils, but it dries out my skin (at least in the winter. I'll give it a try again when the weather gets warmer!). The lotion though - smells like sulphur, but works like a charm. I smooth a tiny little bit over most of my skin after cleansing at night, then dab on some night cream where it feels dry. I follow with some RareMinerals blemish therapy every now and then, and my skin has never been healthier.

this review is for the AKNEDORON CLEANSER. it comes in a horrible blue glass jar. smells terrible and completely dries out the skin. my skin feels totally parched after using it and makes me break out more. same goes for the toner in green bottle not sure of the name

on 4/12/2009 7:58:00 AM

Not the best Weleda product. Didn't do anything (in fact I think it made my spots worse) and I could detect a sulphurous undertone to the product when I used the product which made me a bit nervous about other people smelling it too.

on 3/3/2008 10:28:00 AM

This is an excellent product for troublesome skin. I have tried many other products and none have been as effective as this one. It does smell quite strong but I put it on at night and so the smell doesn't really bother me. My skin is noticeably less oily during the day because of it, my make up stays in place and I get less spots because of it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What a terrible product!
(Btw it is now called DermaLotion, they changes the name)

It is a very ugly bottle, the stuff in it looks bad and smells worse.
It dried out my skin terribly, but also made my skin shiny at the same time, did not fight blemishes at all, and the smell is just BLEGH!

Don;t buy this, you will be so dissapointed, But if you really want to try, you can have mine for free. Worst skincare purchase ever. Good that it was not too expensive (i paid 8 euro for the bottle) but still a waist of money.

on 12/30/2005 7:01:00 AM

I find this a bit too drying for everyday use. I have mild acne and sensitive, oily skin and this is too drying for me. I really like the fact that it's all natural etc., but would not repurchase. Please see www.acne.org for people with persistent acne, the regimen listed can really help you.

on 1/31/2005 10:51:00 AM

I agree with the viewer below.A great product!
I use this for my chin (and sometimes for my nose too)wich is oily unlike the rest of my face.I have used it on my back when I had break outs.The break outs are gone now.This doesn't irritate your skin or makes it dry like a lot of these products for acne can do.
The only thing I don't like is the smell.It has a herbal scent wich I don't like, but it is not a strong smell wich lasts for a long time.
BTW: I use this too after I have shaved the bikini area and under my arms.I used to have break outs after shaving in these sensitive areas and this product prevents that.

on 8/31/2004 8:46:00 AM

This is hands down the best ever light treatment moisturiser for acne-prone, slightly oily skin. I use it after cleansing with Deep Cleanser, and what can I say it works!!! This certainly isn't just for teenage skin - it's great whenever skin is stressed and breaking out, like mine has this summer. I honestly found that this stuff works overnight to start clearing the skin. I have not had a single breakout since I started using this 3 weeks ago, and my skin is almost totally clear - no clogged pores.
It comes in a no-nonsense simple glass bottle like the cleanser, it's never been tested on animals, it's totally natural, dirt cheap, and packed with good ingredients, like chamomile, calendula, witch hazel, sulphur, and essential oils of thyme, pine, sage, lavender.
The only tiny drawback is a sort of slightly sulphurous smell, but it's not a big deal, and it's soooo good for my skin. I'm in love with this & the matching cleanser for summer skincare.