4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

My all time favorite toner. HG! I use this nightly after washing my face with a gentle cleanser. I put it on a cotton pad and apply to my face in streaks. I let it dry completely (about 10 seconds) , then apply my night time moisturizer. This toner keeps my pores pretty clean, it does help me with preventing breakouts. About one week without this I already had 2 nasty pimples. It doesn't exactly help with my oily skin, but that's not really what its intended for. My overall skin condition looks and feels better when I use this. My pores have reduced in size, less blackheads and pimples, and my skin is so smooth! The smell is okay. Very low amount of alcohal, or none, and that's something else I love about it. i bought this for 10.99 at target. I will never go without this!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I really wanted to like this toner because of its raving reviews on here, but after 2 weeks of using it, I returned it. I've tried so many toner/astringents from Clean and Clear to Neutrogena. I know its bad to keep switching your skin care products, but I wanted to try something new to clear the bumps around my nose and chin and control the shininess/oiliness around my T-zone. I would apply this toner before I put on my Olay moisturizer and makeup and sometimes at night. I must admit it did take off any excess makeup I had on my face after I washed my face at night. However, it wasn't clearing any of my pimples, which others claim it does. I feel that it actually caused some breakouts on my forehead, chin, and cheeks. Price - I bought it for $12.99 at Target, a bit pricey compared to other drugstore toners that are $3-6 bucks. Packaging - decent, doesn't spill out all over cotton ball/square like other toners/astringents. Smell - ehh, it smells a lot like lemons, not that big of a fan. Overall, I'd recommend this toners to others because what didn't work for me, may work better for other people; it all depends on our skin type and how our skin reacts to it. I'd probably purchase this toner again to give it another try, only if it goes on sale or clearance.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

EyesBlack

9 years ago

I really love this toner! I use it after cleansing my face with Alba Coconut Milk Facial Wash (twice a week I replace this wash with Alba Pineapple Enzyme Facial Scrub) and before using Alba Jasmine & Vitamin E Moisture Cream. My face feels REFRESHED and moisturized!! I have dry and acne-prone skin and I've been using it for 4 months and have not noticed any break-outs, nor does it make my skin feel dry and tight!

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I'm amazed at how well this works for me. It cleans off the extra dirt/residue that my facial cleanser didn't get and it also softens/moisturizes my skin. The smell is also nice, very tropical and not that alcohol aroma many toners have. I have not experienced any bad stinging sensation with this toner which is good since my skin is prone to breakouts but sometimes I do get a temporary warm tingly feeling when I apply it, so if your skin is really sensitive, I might not recommend it.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

2.0

9 years ago

my skin is really oily during summer time, but during winter, it gets quite dry, especially the area around my mouth, sometimes the skin around my mouth even peels off. I was looking for something that is gentle and moisturizing. I know I should not expect a toner to do the moisturizing job, therefore, all I expect from this product is to prepare well for the moisturizer. However, it stings whenever I apply it to my face, it also leaves a filmy and sticky layer on top of my skin, it does not seem to sink into the skin at all. Although the scent is good, I still would not buy this product again.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone

9 years ago

I've been using this toner for the past two months and I have to say it's pleasant but I'm not quite sure if I would buy it again. My main issue is the price, which I bought this at about $12. As far as it's effectiveness, it does help calm my skin down and does remove any residue makeup however as far as acne goes, it doesn't do a whole lot. I actually like the smell, which as another reviewer mentioned, I'd rather my face smell pleasant than of alcohol. I answered that I would buy this again, but only if it was on sale. It's an average toner, I just wish it was a little stronger to take care of the acne.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

9 years ago

On principle, I thoroughly research generally everything I buy. I was getting extra oily and starting to get acne along my t-zone and decided to get a toner. After reading so many positive reviews about Alba's Hibiscus toner, I decided to try it out. I was drawn to the fact that it was organic, alcohol-free, and supposed to be very gentle. Unfortunately, it ended up severely drying my skin and causing me to break out in little bumps (not really pimples, just a rash of itchy bumps) all over my forehead. As this is the only new product in my daily routine, I know this is the culprit. I really did want to like this and it smells lovely in my opinion. I did see an improvement on my nose. It's not ridiculously oily, a couple pimples that I felt coming in dried up, and my pores are much less noticeable. So I will continue to use this up on my nose, however, I will not be buying this again as $12 is a bit steep for any toner and especially one I will only be using on a small part of my face. I will add that I have rather sensitive skin and my face tends to find many cleansers and such too harsh (which is why I had such high hopes for this toner.)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

from

9 years ago

I've been very pleased with this toner. It is not harsh and has a pleasant, light, fruity scent; I think it smells like pink lemonade personally. I can see where other reviewers are coming from when they criticize the smell as annoying, but it doesn't bother me really; I'm more pleased that it doesn't make my face reek of alcohol like some toners do. My skin feels moisturized and smoother after I use it and my lotion feels like it sinks in deeper when applied after this toner. I've noticed that this product stings if not used regularly. Like, if I do not use it for a week, then the next time I do, there will be a slight sting, but if used on a regular basis, that doesn't happen. I mostly use this product to remove any remaining make-up residue after washing with my cleanser and it works great for that. As far as helping with acne, I cannot really speak to how effective it is. I have always been blessed with clear skin and other than little red bumps, I've really never had an issue with acne. But I have noticed that if applied to my little red bumps, they disappear by the next day, so there's probably something to that, but I really can't say how much this would help with serious acne. The packaging is disappointing. The flip-top is very tough to get open for some reason. I am not sure if it's just my bottle or what, but I have to use considerable force to get that sucker to open. And the joint on the flip-top is very flimsy... Although I have not done it, yet, it really wouldn't take much to tear it off. The price is a little excessive as well, I think I usually spend about $13 on these unless they're on sale. I wish it was a little cheaper. On the whole, I would recommend this product if you have light acne or just want something gentle to ensure you remove all of your make up.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I'm on the fence about purchasing this one again, I don't feel like its really done anything special to my skin, I do like the scent but other than that it doesn't seem to really do anything to noticeable. It does however calm my skin when it feel agitated.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

9 years ago

Nothing special. I loved the smell. It stinged a bit at first but is generally very mild. 3.5

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair