Alba Botanica Hawaiian Hibiscus Facial Toner

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Hibiscus Facial Toner
Hawaiian Hibiscus Facial TonerHawaiian Hibiscus Facial Toner

4.2

Not tested on animals

Purified Water, Polysorbate 20, Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Allantoin, Sodium Pca, Extracts Of Centella Asiatica, Calendula Officinalis Flower, Witch Hazel, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Flower, Arnica Montana Flower, Passion Flower Fruit, Cucumber Fruit, Honeysuckle Flower And Psidium Guajava Fruit, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Bergamot Fruit Oil

I would love to have this as my forever HG toner! It gives me the glowy and rosy effect after use but it stings and my face gets irritated after application plus this seriously breaks me out! 😔

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Welllll... Initially I really liked this toner.. But I'm 95% done with my first bottle and I don't think I'll be repurchasing. In the beginning I thought it was, (and maybe it really was), making a difference in my skin, but even so, I can see no visible difference that would make me want to try this again now that I've tried an entire bottle. I think it's time for me to get on the Thayers bandwagon.

For any of you that haven't tried this yet, it's a very light, lightly scented toner that's probably suitable for sensitive skin, and does clean a lot of residual makeup off your face...other than that, I don't see it having great long term effects.

This toner is the best I have ever used. Most just dry my skin out and make me want to kill someone if they get in between me and my moisturizer. But this stuff was light and non drying :)

on 10/16/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I should say that I am a new user of this product. I previously used astringents to deeply slough off any dead skin cells or make up left over after cleansing my face, and to clear up/prevent acne. I decided my skin could benefit from a more gentle, natural toner. What I have found is that it doesn't pick up any debris like the astringents used to - that may be because it is gentler, or it may be because my cleanser did such a great job (I should note here, I wear extremely light make up, no foundation). But, my skin is not breaking out, so it seems clean. I basically use this very gently on my face, to close up pores, not to slough anything off - if I use too much of it and rub too much, it actually begins to sting. If I resist that urge, then my face feels rebalanced - and to me, I see a visible difference all over once it has closed my pores. I definitely need to follow up with moisturizer, but I normally would do that, anyway.

Edit: I'm knocking this down to 2 stars. I like that it is gentle, and after a week of use, I actually did begin to notice debris that it was picking up. However, it just wasn't enough - with time, my skin began to look very dull. I'm actually finding with many of the Alba Botanica products, they seem great at first, but over time, they aren't that great. I'm not so excited about this brand anymore. It's just okay.

on 4/23/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I look forward to using this in the mornings because it's so refreshing, but I can't say it's made a real improvement in my skin. I've lots of acne, large pores, and a dull complexion, and nothing has changed since I started using this. What I can say is it doesn't irritate my skin much, it smells pretty nice, and I do see some dirt on my cotton pad when I use it, so I do know it cleanses. I also like that my skin doesn't feel tight after using it, since there's no alcohol.
4/3/16 EDIT: They added alcohol!! It's not a main ingredient but its definitely there in the list now. :(

on 9/26/2014 2:39:00 PM

Bought this toner because of all the glowing reviews on mua, but had to give it to my bf, as when I apply the toner, it stings my face like crazy, and irritates my eyes. When I woke up the next morning, my face was more swollen than usual, not sure if this product is the curprit, but it is the only thing I changed in my skincare routine. Not going to repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Seriously the best skin essential ever. It made my face clear and made it glow. This is seriously a must!

on 8/25/2014 3:31:00 AM

Love it!
The day after my skin is smooth and soft,also,I have noticed this toner helps to dry out small spots. Moisturizing and balancing properties at their best So awesome to have 2 in 1 and also,not to worry about putting chemicals on my skin that were tested on animals...
All in all,great job,Alba! A+

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells amazing and removes excess oil, dirt from my face that my cleanser missed. It leaves my skin glowing, helps with breakouts, hyperpigmentation, and moisturizes the skin to the point I really do not need to apply one. Great toner- even better than the Clinique one. Doesn't burn or irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this toner and I loooooooove it so much. It really does get everything off of my face. It doesnt leave my face feeling tight or anything. I like the price. I find it at target, sprouts, and Im sure you can find it online.