Redken All Soft Shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Redken All Soft Shampoo
Redken All Soft Shampoo 300mlEnter TitleAll Soft Shampoo

2.0

Aqua (Water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethicone, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance, Sodium Glycolate, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Argania Spinosa kernel Oil, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coumarin, Linalool, Limonene, Methyl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol, Sodium Hydroxide, CI 15510 (Orange 4), CI 17200 (Red 33).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have wanted to try this shampoo along with it's matching conditioner for about two years now. I'm a person who never purchases salon hair products. In fact the only other time I purchased salon products was several years ago when I purchased the original matrix sleek and smooth and I was not impressed. But the Redken All Soft really caught my eye. I have a lot of fine textured relaxed hair that tends to be on the dry and brittle side so I thought this would be prefect for my hair type. I did lots of research and I've read lots of reviews on how great it is on smoothing the hair and making it very soft and supple. So about a week ago I finally decided that I would give it a try because I have wanted to try it for so long. So then I did a little more research as to where I could purchase these products at a good buy. I finally settled on purchasing a 33.8 oz liter shampoo and conditioner duo at a local salon for $36. The woman at the salon was raving about what a good buy the duo is and how so many of her clients absolutely love it. I thought the price was a little steep but I was convinced that I was getting a great deal. And I was very excited to finally try these products.

My Experience: So I was super excited to finally try all soft. I hadn't been that excited to try hair care products in a very long time. Unfortunately I was very disappointed in the performance of these products. Let me explain why. I was expecting the shampoo to have a soft feel to it while I was washing my hair. The shampoo just feels like any ordinary shampoo that you would find in a drug store. Plus I'm not crazy about the scent. In the many reviews I have read many people describe the shampoo as having a soft present scent, but I just didn't care for the scent. To me the shampoo has somewhat of a sharp floral prefumy fragrance that I was not expecting a softening and smoothing shampoo to have if that makes any sense? The conditioner was not any better. It smells the same as the shampoo of course and I was seriously expecting a thick rich conditioner that would slide on like butter ok! But again it just felt like ordinary conditioner nothing special. I was still holding out hope that after blow drying my hair I would achieve the soft supple hair I was looking for. I was totally wrong! My hair was a dry, fuzzy, frizzy mess! My hair looked like a haystack! This shampoo literally sucked all the moisture from my hair and left it a hot mess! I tried the shampoo and conditioner a few more times hoping for a better result, but every time I got the same result, rough, dry, frizzy hair. I was so disappointed and I will not be finishing these huge bottles. I'm going to try and return them for a refund.

Final Thoughts: I was so bummed that the shampoo and conditioner that I had been dying to try for so long did nothing but ruin my hair. Definitely not worth the hefty price tag at all. What a waste of good money. I recently read that Redken reformulated their all soft line leaving many long time users very disappointed with the new formula. From what I read the original formula was 100x better. I never tried the original formula but I wish I had the chance before the switch. I will be going back to my L'Oreal Evercreme which worked superbly on my brittle thirsty locks. I don't know why I ever strayed from evercreme in the first place. I thought with Redken being a professional salon brand that it would be even better and richer than what I was using. But as the old saying goes. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" lol. So I'm sticking with my Evercreme!

on 2/25/2007 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This stuff smells gorgeous and is very moisturising, makes my hair very soft when used with the All Soft conditioner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this shampoo because I was curious. Why should shampoo cost so much? I decided to give All soft shampoo and smooth down conditioner a try and honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. I've tried dozens better products for a third of the price. The shampoo itself left my hair squeaky clean-- too clean actually. I couldn't run my fingers through it. It left my thick, course, dry hair in a state that could best be described as decent (and that's with the help of several leave in conditioners I used in addition to All Soft). I still have it in my bathroom sitting under my sink. I switched to aussie products which run for around $3 a bottle and am infinitely happier. All soft shampoo is quite ordinary, in my opinion, earning it 3 lippies. I took another one off for the ridiculous price.