Redken All Soft Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Redken All Soft Shampoo
Redken All Soft Shampoo 300mlEnter TitleAll Soft Shampoo

4.2

Aqua (Water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethicone, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance, Sodium Glycolate, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Argania Spinosa kernel Oil, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coumarin, Linalool, Limonene, Methyl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol, Sodium Hydroxide, CI 15510 (Orange 4), CI 17200 (Red 33).

on 5/26/2017 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have not ever tried the older formula of this shampoo from Redken, All Soft. My review is based on the current one in store, which has argan oil in it. I feel like this works really well for my dry, thick, and coarse hair. The scent is a pleasure, and my hair doesn't feel dry or heavy after using this shampoo. If anything, it feels really soft. I really enjoy this shampoo and I would use it again.

on 7/7/2016 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this product. It keeps my thick curly hair looking smooth and shiny. It definitely lives up to the name!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I see alot of people complaining about this shampoo. I was very skeptical about this product and stayed clear of it. My husband bought this as a gift. I normally daily use the Body Full line of products to give my oily baby fine hair some life. I hot roll my hair everday and once a week I will use the Redken Moisture shampoo and conditioner to give it some softness. I have natural curly hair in the back with straight hair in the front. I always have tangles in the back of my neck area that drives me crazy. Then came ALL SOFT into my life.

I tried the All Soft and I was amazed. It really did leave my hair soft and it was flowing in the air like I was a super model in a TV commercial. My girlfriend touched my hair and was "Wow it is so soft!" I was able to run my hands through the curly hair at the back of my neck. I CAN NEVER DO THAT. This is a very rich formula. Make sure to use a tiny amount for the thickness of hair. When I say tiny, I mean it. I use like barely 1/4 teaspoon for my hair. Then condition with All Soft. I made the mistake of using about 1 tablespoon and that was way too much. Moderation is key with this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair: oily roots, semi-damged, dry roots, un-tameable frizz, 3 cowlicks (not relevant but UGH), long and thin

What I wanted: Something that would make my hair soft, shiny and bouncy. I wanted it to tame my frizz and allow me to only wash my hair every second day.

What I got: For the first 3 weeks it worked great! my hair was soft, shiny and I noticed that it wasn't as frizzy! And then came the dreaded week four- greasy roots, dry ends and stringy, stringy hair. It''s overly shiny and a major confidence killer- and I've tried everything from showering every day to showering every couple of days to using and not using morracan oil and it all ended in the same result! It almost feels like theres a permanent film on my hair.

Next I'm definitely going to try a different shampoo and conditioner, I'm thinking the Joico Daily Care Balancing Shampoo and conditioner!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This range - shampoo, conditioner and heavy cream treatment - is MUCH lighter than I thought, and this is a good thing! I was worried it would be too heavy for my fine long hair and oily prone scalp, but it works great. I just had to try the famous All Soft, even though everyone seems to hate the new IPN formula, and I'm glad I took the chance. Makes my hair really soft and shiny and doesn't leave any residue which is crucial for me. Of course it didn't give any volume, but it didn't weigh my hair down more than any other moisturizing range would do. I bought a travel set of the shampoo and conditioner and will maybe buy the full size bottles if it continues to work well for me.
I've got brittle ends and a fair amount of breakage even though my hair is virgin and naturally soft, so I alternate this with Extreme once a week.

EDIT: 7/26/2013
Giving this 5 lippies, since it's the only shampoo/conditioner combo that's been able to keep all the tangles away from my hair. I can now finger comb with ease after having been outside in the wind - NEVER happened before. Less tangles means less breakage and my hair just looks a lot better in general. Don't like the sweet artificial scent, but that's a small price to pay for such a good product. I've bought the full size bottles and don't see myself straying from this.

EDIT: 10/1/2013:
Ok this ended up weighing my hair down big time. The silicones are just too much for me. WHY do they use dimethicone?? Switched to a cone free shampoo and aaah, my hair is light and bouncy again.

on 4/26/2013 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had used the accompanying conditioner several years ago with Aveda Shampure and found it ridiculously drying however I moved to a new city with different water/climate and found I needed something more hydrating so I thought I'd try All Soft again, using both the shampoo and conditioner in the line. It is absolutely fantastic. I've been using it for about three weeks now and my hair has markedly improved. I'm able to let it air dry comfortably without my hair turning into a frizzy mess and I can easily go 2 days between washes. My hair also looks great after using heat styling tools (after using a protecting cream). Very, very impressed. I have mid-length hair that is quite coarse, very thick and tends toward dryness (though my fringe does get oily after a day and a half or so), I've also not had it cut in about three months which is much less noticeable since using All Soft.

I should add, the shampoo was bought at the start of April 2013 in Australia.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

It's alright. I'm sure for certain people, this product is lovely. But my hair demands moisture 24/7 because it's wavy and frizzy, so I prefer my Sebastian Drench.

I do love the honey smell, though. :)

on 6/20/2012 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

LOVE this shampoo...I have thick, course brown hair and I color it A LOT (to cover the grays). I loved this shampoo from the very first time I tried it. It made my hair sooooo soft, but not to the point that I couldn't style it..it's still very bouncy and just fun. I am soooo impressed with this shampoo..will definitely be buying again.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It really does leave my hair soft and shiny and I rarely experience build-up with it. The scent smells like artificial peaches or something, and it doesn't last, which is fine for me. Foams nicely and if you properly wet your hair, you won't need a lot to get it to foam. I generally shampoo every other day, allow my hair to air dry at least 50%, then I'll blow dry it until my hair is approximately 80% dry.

O-M-freakin'-G.

Here's the deal: My hair hates shampoo. Every time I wash it, it's guaranteed to frizz, poof, and generally look embarassing, with or without conditioner. As such, I try to avoid washing it more than 3 times a week, but I have an oily scalp and my hair gets greasy-looking about 2-3 days after washing. Bottom line: I can't avoid shampoo, but I need one that won't turn my hair into an unmanageable frizz-ball.

Enter Redken.

During my most recent trip to the salon, my hairdresser washed and conditioned my hair with what turned out to be a couple of miracle products. I was gobsmacked at the results. My hair had never felt softer, smoother, and more manageable, and I chalked it up to a stylist's expertise and that mysterious "old salon magic". (She didn't do any fancy stuff to my hair, just a basic wash, cut, and quick blow-dry.) But I asked her what she'd used anyway, and she told me it was All Soft. I'd never heard of it. A quick MUA search told me it was by Redken, and after a trip to my local Trade Secrets, I held a $15 bottle of the shampoo in my hands. (Ouch.) I fully expected to be let down by the results at home.

I wasn't. All Soft is frickin' brilliant. I shampooed and skipped conditioner - something I haven't done since I was a teenager with a buzz-cut - and was blown away when I stepped out of the shower. My hair felt soft, silky, smooth, and every other covetable shampoo-commercial adjective you can think of. I let it air dry, and it didn't frizz, puff out for miles, or feel straw-like and brittle. I immediately renounced all drugstore shampoos and conditioners and swore allegiance to Redken. Beginner's luck? Time will tell.

Yes, Redken is costly. But my experience with All Soft strengthens my already-firm belief that when it comes to hair products, for the most part, you get what you pay for. I'm happy to pay for genius in a bottle, especially when it garners these results. HG to the max.