Redken All Soft Shampoo

Filtered by age: 30-35
Redken All Soft Shampoo
Redken All Soft Shampoo 300mlEnter TitleAll Soft Shampoo

3.8

Aqua (Water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethicone, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance, Sodium Glycolate, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Argania Spinosa kernel Oil, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coumarin, Linalool, Limonene, Methyl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol, Sodium Hydroxide, CI 15510 (Orange 4), CI 17200 (Red 33).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Recently stayed over at a friends and to my horror discovered I'd left my usual shampoo at home. Worse still - all she had was shampoos with either SLS or silicones in...or in this case BOTH! Reluctantly (as she swore by how effective this one was) I used it and was actually quite surprised. Despite the questionable ingredients it neither irritated my scalp, nor made my hair frizzy or tangled. Usually I can tell instantly if something is not going to agree with me long term as my hair and scalp react appropriately, but not with this!
Lathers nicely, smells great and suited my oily roots/thick hair quite well. My guess is the SLS is balanced by the number of hydrating ingredients in this, either way Redken seem to have got the balance just right with this one.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/7/2018 8:37:00 AM

I have never bought a shampoo/conditioner as a result of a sample. I would normally use the sample, then never think of it again, and then there was Redken All Soft...

This past Monday I used the sample without any thought or attention to what it was I was using, I've been using up all my travel sizes and samples for a few weeks now, and this was the 2nd to last sample I had left. The first day experience I thought it was nice, but nothing amazing, but it was Day 2 that sold me... my hair was still beautifully clean, not tangled, not dry and very soft. SOLD. At the first opportunity I went to the haircare shop and bought both the shampoo and conditioner.

For reference my hair is wavy, frizzy, oily roots and dry, split ends.

on 4/26/2018 6:16:00 AM

I have used this shampoo three times. I had huge expectations for it given all the reviews and don’t get me wrong - this is a good shampoo but I am a bit underwhelmed with the whole line as it is not as hydrating as I expected. But back to the shampoo:

I shampoo my hair twice every wash. This shampoo has a lovely texture and scent. It lathers a lot and it is nice to work with. It feels luxurious and the best thing is - it doesn’t make my roots any oilier than any other shampoo, even volumizing shampoos (still need to wash every other day though). The big con is that it leaves my hair feeling a bit dry and knotty after rinsing it off, and a bit frizzy when dry. Not what I expected of a shampoo named ”all soft”. After shampooing I use the conditioner or the mask from the same line (review coming soon). My hair isn’t softer than usual and it doesn’t look or feel better/healthier than before.

4 lippies for the beautiful packaging, the scent, the texture and for not making my roots oilier than usual. I will probably not repurchase though.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This shampoo weighs down my hair and leaves a residue over time, which looks greasy. I also suspect it irritates my scalp a bit, as I get some flakiness after a few uses. I've used this on and off for a few weeks at a time, and I always end up going back to something else.

I tried to use this up when I wash my bangs in the sink between hair washes, but it just weighs my hair down too much, and it makes it seem too dull.

The bottle is also annoying, the shape makes it hard to control how much can be squeezed out, and the lid is so small that if you want to store it upside down, it topples over easily.

on 4/10/2018 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I always thought I had an oily scalp. These days I think I'm just allergic to some shampoos. Haven't figured out which but with some shampoos I can wash my hair twice a week and with some I'm a greasy mess after 24 hours. This one, unfortunately, is one of the latter ones.
And my hair doesn't feel clean. I think its because the shampoo contains too many conditioning materials. It stays on the hair instead of cleaning it. I don't even need a conditioner when I use this (I have naturally straight thin hair. For coarser, drier hair I wouldn't recommend that).
All in all, for me this did as well as a shampoo a third of the price so I won't repurchase. But for someone with dry, coarse hair and a dry scalp, I see how this could be a good ahampoo

on 5/26/2017 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have not ever tried the older formula of this shampoo from Redken, All Soft. My review is based on the current one in store, which has argan oil in it. I feel like this works really well for my dry, thick, and coarse hair. The scent is a pleasure, and my hair doesn't feel dry or heavy after using this shampoo. If anything, it feels really soft. I really enjoy this shampoo and I would use it again.

It is a decent shampoo. Nothing exceptional but does a good enough job. My concern was the "soft" part. Having my hair quite fine I feared the shampoo would make it too soft flying away. But no. The hair seemed smooth and stayed in place, very nice to touch too. What I lack is a bit of bounce.
3.5/5

This shampoo left my hair feeling really limp. I have oily roots and dry ends and this stuff left my hair too "soft"

All Soft is amazing! I was using Diamond Oil and it was making my hair so stringy and gross. At first I chalked it up to the fact that I was pregnant, isn't hair supposed to be amazing while pregnant?! When it didn't go away after I had my babe and after reading Diamond Oil reviews it is pretty common compliant. Immediately after using this my hair started improving texture and appearance. Too bad it took so long and so many bad hair days to realize. I recommend trying to get during a liter sale at Beauty Brands (usually they have an annual one all of July). It is pretty expensive otherwise.

I bought the big bottle on a sale. I thought that because it was a well-known brand and it promised softness I would get great results. But... Meh. Not really. It is just an ok shampoo. You could get the same results with a regular Pantene. Will not buy again. (And I still have a lot of it!)