Aveda Inner Light Dual Foundation

Aveda Inner Light Dual Foundation

mica, dimethicone, silica, zinc stearate, squalane, rice starch, magnesium myristate, murumuru butter, Japanese knotweed root extract, tourmaline, malachite, soybean oil, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methicone, sodium dehydroacetate, fragrance, linalool, limonene, geraniol, citronellol, methylparaben, propylparaben, [ titanium dioxide (ci 77891), ultramarines (ci 77007), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) ]

on 11/5/2016 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I'm in the shade 05/Twig and I have to say 26 dollars for a foundation is pretty good. Especially when this powder foundation is all I need. It does well over any primer or facial moisturizer I use. I love the smell, it smells like lavender and mushroom, it feels nice on my skin. I use it with the sponge for more coverage or a foundation brush for less. Very nice and versatile product. It's one of the few products left that I like in the Aveda line.

The secret to this is NOT to use it with the sponge provided. Use a foundation brush and it will not cake afterwards. That being said, it provides light/medium coverage. Aveda also says that you can use this wet,which I do NOT recommend at all. I also don't recommend this for dry skinned people or using around the eyes as it can become 'crepey'. Obviously it provides a matte finish so older women should be cautious too. It does let skin breathe and provides a nice finish when used correctly.

To Read all 106 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I hated this powder foundation when I first applied it. After 3 hours of wear it broke down on my t zone creating a horrible cakey mess and settled in to my pores. I gave it another try today, except I applied it with a brush instead of the sponge it came with. this worked better for me. I also brushed over some shine control powder and that helped it to not cake from my oily skin. I'm not sure yet if I'll repurchase, and I might just return it because there are much better powder foundations out there for oily skin. And the plastic case it comes in is very awkward. You have to buy the aluminum case pictured above separately. For a $25 makup, I expect it to come in a functional case!

UPDATE: Yuuupp...still hate it. Returning this tomorrow. My face is a cakey mess. Did not control oil like the SA suggested. If you're oily, stay away from this product

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Like the review below I also experienced a reaction to this powder foundation. It initially gives a very smooth demi-matte finish with good coverage (medium easily built up to full) but after a few hours I'd notice the product breaking down on my t-zone leaving an unflattering shine. In contrast my cheeks and chin appeared flaky and dry. One week of wear caused me to develop allergic contact dermatitis, which can look similar to acne but must be treated entirely differently. I was lucky as it cleared up in a few days after discontinuing use and did not require further treatment. I know everyone will react differently to products but I do think sensitive skins should proceed with caution. This powder has a very strong fragrance, with a prominent lavender note (amongst other essential oils), which I attribute to the irritation I experienced.

I really wanted to love this makeup bc all of the great reviews out there. The first couple days, I really thought I found my holy grail foundation. Then I broke out in a rash on my cheeks. It was acne but not really acne. If that makes sense. I then went online and I couldn't find anything that would make breakout in the ingredient list. Then I pulled the actual packaging and it listed fragrance. Online it only listed the items they claim beneficial to your skin and not the full ingredients. I will discontinue use for 2 weeks and see if my acne rash goes away and update.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is the best for my oily skin. It gives me full coverage when applied with the AVEDA Inner Light Foundation. And it's the perfect shade for me. I've had a hard time finding a match with other brands. I'm always in between but #7 Almond is perfect for me! And I love the Eco-friendly compacts the powders snap into! Love love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't write many reviews, but this stuff is amazing! I have been using this foundation for years and it has never caused my face to break out. I like the way that it blends naturally with my skin tone and the way it smells. I'm also an Aveda junky :)

on 12/23/2013 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have very sensitive, fair skin with pink undertones and have used this powder foundation for years. It is the only foundation that does not break me out or make my skin itch like crazy. I wear the lightest shade (01 cream)-it is creamy ivory that blends perfectly into my skintone. I use both a sponge and a brush to apply (if you use just a sponge it is very full coverage-as in you will be amazed at how full coverage it is)-so I use the sponge for areas where I need more coverage and then lightly buff the rest of my face. Within a few hours-my skin will get slightly oily (which is why i gave it only 4 lippies) but it's not an all out oil slick. I was sick of wasting money on foundations that made my skin go haywire, oxidized, didn't cover and did nothing to control my oily skin. This is my HG foundation!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was using laura mercier foundation powder before and it gives a good coverage but you can feel it's very cakey. After i finished that I try to search a good foundation powder and eventually I saw alot people gave alot good review about aveda inner light foundation and I am really surprise as I never know they have cosmetic line as well! so I bought it from a salon and start using it, I am very happy with it. It gives a full coverage (if you use it dry), and you won't feel any cakey or heavy wearing it, and I feel fresh. The price is not expensive as well. So i will definitely buy it again after i finish. by the way, i also bought the blusher and i love it! they have really good quality without giving you cakey or heavy look, just nature and smooth. I love it. only the cons is the package, it comes with a plastic kind of 'box' you need to buy a compact if you needed, but actually without buying extra compact , it's actually working with the plastic box as well. As you know aveda always promote recycle packaging, and actually I don't really care about the packaging anymore as the quality is really good. hope aveda would promote more of their cosmetic line. and please don't discontinue this!

on 11/24/2013 12:00:00 PM

I'm someone who considered being 'made up' for work wearing mascara and sometimes lip gloss until I was in my 40s, and still I'm a minimalist, and hate feeling 'made up.' This has great coverage and applies evenly, and doesn't get stuck in creases like other mineral-based powders. It evens out my complexion, but it looks and feels really natural. It last almost all day, but I don't reapply it--I'm all for the 5 minute face, and then forget it. It just fades and still looks ok.

I wound up switching to this because I have sensitive skin and so many other products would make me break out into a rash--dermatitis. (So far, Aveda and M.A.C. are what work for me.)

I'm someone who won't spend $$ on cosmetics unless it seems worth it to me. When I had to buy the compact and this, it was initially painful, but I like being able to reuse the compact and it's really practical.