Red Earth Eyeshadow palette

Red Earth Eyeshadow palette

4.4

on 8/5/2009 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Now I just love eyeshadow palettes because they are so convenient!
I am giving a review on RED EARTH ETHNIC DISCOVERY VISUAL AFFAIR EYESHADOW QUAD.
Visual Affair is a four-colour eye shadow available in Caribbean Fantasy, Indian Illusion, Latin Allure and Mongolian Dream.
I have 2 of them and it is enough for me to create whatever look that I want. It is abit dangerous to choose the exact colour because they are so close together, got to use appropriate tiny eyeshadow brushes to scoop the colour out. Packaging is cute (glossy glassy red) and easy to fit into my makeup bag.

I love this palette! I bought the BR032 for $8 on their 50% off sale. I really like the packaging of this too - it's a square glass and the top is metal with the words 'red earth' on the right hand corner. Worth the money, and the SA that helped me was very helpful and gave me a makeover!

The colors include a a slight shimmery vanilla white for highlight, a medium dark brown with shimmer(some flash green), and a medium shimmery plummy grey color - although I'm very bad color descriptions.

on 11/17/2002 12:44:00 AM

This is what I'm talking about! I rediscovered these on a trip through my stash (and what a long trip it was) and fell in love again. I have two of these quads. One has a mossy green, a peachy terra cotta, a medium brown and a darker brown while the other has a gold champagne, a medium brown, a plum-brown, and a dark brown. The first one (they don't have names, just alphanumeric codes, which I won't bother listing--if you want to know please page me) is more for daytime, with its earth tones, while the second one makes a fabulous smokey eye for night. The second one actually reminds me of the e/s colours in the Stila Look #3 Palette. Anyway, the compact itself fits in the palm of your hand and has a matte silver finish. It has a mirror and comes with two cheapo sponge applicators. The shadows themselves are shimmery (the shimmer is not as fine as Stila) and have average lasting power. Less pigmented than most shadows but blend easily enough. Definite rave (if you couldn't you tell from my babbling).

on 8/31/2002 10:09:00 AM

Got this in a swap with another great Singapore lady; don't even know if the line is sold in the U.S. The eyeshadow is very nice, sheer and pretty as Beverly says. But what really rocks is the palette, just about the cutest one I've ever seen. If I did see it in an American store, I'd probably have my wallet out before you could say "sucker for packaging."

on 11/16/2001 2:13:00 AM

These palettes are teeny tiny, about the size of my palm. They are about 6 different combinations - all with 6 different eyeshadows (matt, shimmery, etc). The case has a silver lid and a clear bottom, and is sleek like UD's face cases.

I found the eyeshadow really smooth, and it looked best applied wet, as it was a bit sheer (I tend to go for 'louder' colors). Overall, this is an *incredible* palette for only $10!