Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

3.3

.5% Salicylic Acid

on 4/30/2016 9:40:00 AM

Background information about my skin: I have combination but it is leaning towards oily, i have very sensitive skin with moderate breakouts, i have tried oil free cleansers but it does not get rid of the oil at all and severely drys out my other skin

As i said i have very oily skin, just ask my glasses. Anyway i was at target and remembered i needed a new face wash so i grabbed these. In one day my clogged pores are empty and my skin feels very fresh. I am not sensitive to fragrance but if you are these may not be for you as they have a very strong cucumber scent. Overall i like these but if i would purchase it again after running out i am almost positive that i would.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I used this for the first time this morning, it made my face feel clean and refreshed but of course tight and dry like all the Clear Complexion products. But that's not the reason I'm only giving it 1 lippie. I bought this from CVS because there was a sale if you bought a certain amount of Aveeno products. I bought two different types of the make-up wipes, which so far I love, and this. It wasn't until this morning that I looked at the ingredient list and was appalled. there are THREE different types of parabens in this product, one of which is the second inactive ingredient. Will not be using this unless I run out of everything else somehow. It is sitting under my sink now. Absolutely ridiculous, especially since Aveeno is not a dirt cheap brand.

on 4/27/2012 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The SA in these pads dried out my skin too much and irritated my break outs. I finally figured out that I needed to use a more gentle cleanser and just witch hazel for a toner and then save the chemicals (like BP) for the lotion. I switched to Aveeno's positively radiant cleansing pads and my skin cleared up!

These are great for the lazy person in me. If I'm getting home after a late night, they're just great! I can easily wash my face over the sink and get off to bed. I don't really use them often enough to tell whether they really help to clear me up (I only use them like once every couple weeks), however they definitely don't cause any new breakouts to form.

It's nice that they have a smooth side and a scrubby side, because I can exfoliate if I want.

The reason I took off a lippie for packaging is because I wish the top was a flip top like the Positively Ageless Cleansing Pads. It's a lot more convenient than the twist off top on these ones. I have to unscrew the top, take out a pad, and then try to screw the top back on while still holding the pad I just got out, or I have to leave it open until I'm done washing. It's a picky thing, but it would still be nice.

on 1/3/2011 11:45:00 PM

The concept of the product was nice, however it caused my skin to breakout more than anything else. I think it focuses on being too sensitive and too gentle and it doesn't do the job it is meant to do.

on 11/12/2010 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used to have acne-prone skin and those pads did wonders. They made my skin incredibly smooth and clear. I didn't use them everyday, though, only when I needed exfoliation because they seemed a bit harsh. Around a year after I started using those pads, I started taking a birth control pill that completely changed my type of skin. It went from acne/normal-ish to super dry. I had to stop using the pads because they literally destroyed my skin (I had patches of red dry, flaky, scaly skin on my forehead). The conclusion of my story is that you probably shouldn't use those if you have dry, easily irritable, or sensitive skin. If not, the results can be amazing.

I'm pretty sure those are discontinued where I live as I haven't seen them in drugstores in years (Montreal, Canada), though.

on 2/6/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I generally stick to my known products but this was sent to me to review some time ago.

I will write here what I wrote in a report:

1. Packaging is clumsy and cumbersome
2. The actual pads do not have enough sloughing action on the rough side and the smoother side is almost slippery.
3. I did not see any noticeable difference in my skin when I used it.
4. The actual cleansing material does not do a thorough job of cleaning - i.e. I had to continue using my old cleanser and buff puff as well as toners to clean my face at night.
5. The pads were more effective in the morning -- but even then the oils in my skin were not removed effectively by the pads.
6. The fragrance might be an irritant to those who are allergic or sensitive.
7. The price for a DS product is high for the quality of the product.

I would not purchase this product.

on 9/1/2009 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love these pads! I like others cut them in half and its just the right size. I use these at night when all my makeup comes off. I actually use soap , yes soap to remove face makeup & then scrub with these. My face feels so clean & I do notice better texture & brightness. I love these!

on 9/1/2009 2:19:00 AM

I have occasional breakouts and began using this product to remove my make up at night. It broke out my forehead so badly, and also gave me a few pimples on my upper lip and cheek, where I usually never get acne. These are going in the trash can. :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a good product. It does keep skin clear and healthy-looking. It leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed, and I like the exfoliating feel of the pads. However, there isn't much value here. It's basically the same product as the foaming wash. I think it's more economical to just use the foaming wash with a wash cloth.