Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

3.7

.5% Salicylic Acid

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Made my face sting. Stopped using it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really hated this product it didn't do a thing for my skin I cut the product in half since they are so big.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I used this for the first time this morning, it made my face feel clean and refreshed but of course tight and dry like all the Clear Complexion products. But that's not the reason I'm only giving it 1 lippie. I bought this from CVS because there was a sale if you bought a certain amount of Aveeno products. I bought two different types of the make-up wipes, which so far I love, and this. It wasn't until this morning that I looked at the ingredient list and was appalled. there are THREE different types of parabens in this product, one of which is the second inactive ingredient. Will not be using this unless I run out of everything else somehow. It is sitting under my sink now. Absolutely ridiculous, especially since Aveeno is not a dirt cheap brand.

I am with the few people who had a bad reaction to this. It's been almost a week and my skin still feels like it was scraped with sandpaper and dry as the desert. I never had sensitive skin before, so I don't understand what happened. I'm very surprised that most people like this stuff. Perhaps I didn't rinse the product off my face thoroughly enough. There must be something very strong it in that can do damage if left on too long. It did clear up the zits on my chin, but the chemicals combined with the exfoliating side was too harsh a duo for my skin.

on 5/2/2010 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

BEWARE! It's extremely rough. At first, when you use this it makes your skin nice and smooth but it's actually too harsh to use over time. I used about three tubs of this stuff before I my skin started reacting badly to it. I used it gently but I got red, extremely itchy, scaly, flaky, pus-like bumps all over my face. It was NOT acne. It was like patches. I think it started to wear away the natural protective barrier of my skin and exposed the underlayer. I got terrible facial scars from it. I would not recommend this to anyone! WAY TOO HARSH.

on 9/1/2009 2:19:00 AM

I have occasional breakouts and began using this product to remove my make up at night. It broke out my forehead so badly, and also gave me a few pimples on my upper lip and cheek, where I usually never get acne. These are going in the trash can. :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I hate this product! I was using Olay Cleansing Cloths, which I liked, but thought it was time for a change. I was so wrong. Now I have this ugly rash/acne thing going on and I'm not even allergic to S.A.! There's something in there that's irritating and causing the worst acne I've had in years! I'm definitely going back to the Olay cloths and will never but this stuff again! Boo!

on 11/8/2006 12:47:00 PM

I found the exfoliating side was irritating and the softer side didn't seem to get my skin clean. I also found the container hard to get into in the shower. I would not recommend this for sensitive, acne-prone skin.

on 7/21/2006 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am very disappointed in this product as it has left my previously unblemished (buy oily, which is why I was using this) skin full of whiteheads and some deeper zits, which is probably going to take months to clear up. I dont think it was simply purging bc I've been using products with SA for years and have never experienced any purging. I was reluctant to believe that this product was causing my breakout (I liked the idea of using cleansing pads, and they seemed to exfoliate well), but it continued to get worse for the 2-3 weeks I was using it before I stopped. Unfortunately, there's just something in these that my skin really hates, and I wouldnt normally give sthg only 1 lippie, but honestly my skin looks awful, it's painful, and I've had to go buy other products to counteract the effects of this stuff.

I totally and completely agree with the reviewers below that said this made their face feel like sandpaper. My skin was looking FABULOUS with my regular skincare regimen... and then I got an internship and had to move for 6 weeks. I HATE carrying around cleansers in tubes because I hate the risk of spills, so I bought these because I had used them for a couple days a few months ago and they were great for my skin. HA. Yeah, great for the skin for the 1st 2 days! After using them 2x/day for about 3-4 days, my skin started feeling.. like sandpaper. I even had rough spots (mind you, my skin was, prior to using these pads, glowy, soft, slightly oily even) and my skin on my cheeks was flaking. I would try to moisturize and my moisturizer (darphin arovita-c) and even the silkia camellia oil I would sometimes use (that normally made my skin super soft/moisturized) would just sit on top of my skin, it was that bad. My makeup looked horrific because it too would just sit on my gross, dry, flaky skin. Nothing I did was making this go away.. I had no idea it was these cleansing pads (bc I had previously used them, albeit only for a couple days but they had been great)! I desperately needed my darphin purifying gel cleanser, but because I wouldn't be able to get it for several days, I asked the skincare board for DS recs. I bought cetaphil cleanser for normal/oily skin and even after using it ONCE, my skin was starting to look better, it lost some of the desert dry/flaky/rough appearance, and looked smoother, softer, and more moisturized. I've been using the cetaphil 2 days now and my skin THANKFULLY is almost 75% back to normal. I am so glad I stopped using these horrible cleansing pads. Never again. OH- ALMOST FORGOT! My forehead also started developing tiny little bumps/acne, almost covering my entire forehead, and I started to break out near the hairline. Thank you cetaphil, the little bumps/acne started going away and are now almost invisible. My skin is normal/slightly combo, acne-prone, slightly sensitive typically. From the way my skin was looking before.. I never thought a cleanser could give me such horrific results.