Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

3.5

.5% Salicylic Acid

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Made my face sting. Stopped using it.

on 4/24/2016 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a GREAT product! My 13 year old uses this for her blackheads, well what's left of them. After a few days we saw results, her face felt much smoother. She's on her second jar, and after reading other reviews we'll cut them in half for longer use. I couldn't give it 5 lippies, as my daughter complains of a slight stinging. I would highly recommend this for blemishes, be patient you will get the results! Thanks Aveeno!

on 4/27/2012 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The SA in these pads dried out my skin too much and irritated my break outs. I finally figured out that I needed to use a more gentle cleanser and just witch hazel for a toner and then save the chemicals (like BP) for the lotion. I switched to Aveeno's positively radiant cleansing pads and my skin cleared up!

on 2/21/2011 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I purchased this thinking it would be good since Aveeno is a good brand.
I was a little disappointed with it. It didn't help me with my mild acne at all. It did make my face feel clean. I wished that it had a little more of a texture to the pads.
I did like however that they were pads and you didn't need anything else. But, as you got the the bottom it was a little awkward to get them out.
I sure wished they worked. So now I'm going to try the Roc and see what happens with those.

on 11/22/2009 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The pads are HUGE. I use these in the shower for face and body. The scrubby side isn't super scrubby (which is fine for my sensitive skin). I can see how the formula could be hard to rinse if I was just using this pad over the sink. Not noticing any difference in my skin (for good or ill). Nothing spectacular.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I found it best to use these pads in the shower because the pads are textured, foam-up slightly and are large enough to cleanse my face, chest, shoulders, back and upper arms (they got rid of the little red bumps on the backs of my upper arms after a few weeks of continued use - same results on my sister-in-law) probably a result of the SA. They were a little too drying for everyday cleansing (for me) and worked better as 2x week exfoliator. They started disappearing and I discovered my husband was using up my stash (he loved them for his face). I haven't repurchased for a while because I have a few other scrubs on hand, but I would re-purchase if the bumps on my upper arms comes back.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have acne prone oily skin that tends to break out. I know it is important to wash before you go to bed, and these pads make it much more enjoyable, each disk foams up and smells light and fresh, the two sides of the pads are nice to mix up the exfoliation and there is plenty of cleanser on each pad for a great cleansing of my face and neck. It rinses clean and never dries my skin out or irritates my eyes. I use these only at night, as i have the bar Aveeno clear complexion bar soap that i use in the morning shower (much more economical plus better for mother earth, the huge plastic container must take up a lot of landfill space if it is not recycled). I noticed an improvement when i tried these and stuck with them for a few months - then i ran out and tried other stuff (cleansing oil, natures gate, other assorted things from swaps) and my skin started acting up again, so i'm back on these pads, and my skin is clearer, even toned and just very happy- these things work! so i'll stick with them.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Does a nice job of cleaning my face when it is going through an oily phase. It rinses off well and has a pleasant, light scent. These don't lather up as well as the Positively Radiant pads but I still would recommend them to someone w/ oily skin.

Update: Had bad allergies (pollen, poor air quality due to fires in area) & this product irritated my skin even more. I demoted my rating from 4 down to a 3. I'll be sticking w/ the Positively Radiant formula.

on 10/1/2005 1:01:00 AM

I'm already on my second jar of these. They run around $7 at Rite Aid. These work perfectly on my oily, acne-prone sensitive skin. One side of these self foaming round disks is smooth, the other slightly gritty, which gives gentle exfoliation. Helped clear up some minor pimples and keeps my pores unclogged.

on 4/17/2005 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love how this makes my skin feels. It's not over drying, I have less breakouts. Love the two different sides, one for exfoliating and the other smooth. It lathers quickly without water and last a long time. I love the fresh scent. Two down sides is the price and the big tub it comes in.